The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   UVa med student expulsion reply (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118326)

69camfrk 01-03-2019 3:43pm

UVa med student expulsion reply

Well, I said I would share my reply from the UVa President (if I got one), but I did. So here it is. Obviously it doesn't tell us much, but hopefully for the student, he gets a positive resolution.

James Ryan
11:10 AM (4 hours ago)
to me

Hi James,

Thank you for your note. I appreciate your bringing this matter to my attention.

I want you to know that the appropriate people are aware of this situation and are looking into it further. Though I am unable to provide you with any further information at this time, please also know that I appreciate your sharing your thoughts with me.

Best,

Jim

--

James E. Ryan

President

University of Virginia

mrvette 01-03-2019 3:45pm

Musta mist the issue, what about?? :confused5:

69camfrk 01-03-2019 3:51pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 1655010)
Musta mist the issue, what about?? :confused5:

https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/...d.php?t=118303

DAB 01-03-2019 4:10pm

he must have taken a course in "how to say 'go away' politely" he's good.

69camfrk 01-03-2019 4:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1655019)
he must have taken a course in "how to say 'go away' politely" he's good.

I was actually shocked that I got a response. Probably because of my Virginia.edu alumni email. I hope the student gets reinstated, and the person that thought he needed to go, booted.

MrPeabody 01-03-2019 5:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69camfrk (Post 1655009)
Well, I said I would share my reply from the UVa President (if I got one), but I did. So here it is. Obviously it doesn't tell us much, but hopefully for the student, he gets a positive resolution.

James Ryan
11:10 AM (4 hours ago)
to me

Hi James,

Thank you for your note. I appreciate your bringing this matter to my attention.

I want you to know that the appropriate people are aware of this situation and are looking into it further. Though I am unable to provide you with any further information at this time, please also know that I appreciate your sharing your thoughts with me.

Best,

Jim

--

James E. Ryan

President

University of Virginia

That's the "We know this is going to court" response.:yesnod:

69camfrk 01-03-2019 5:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPeabody (Post 1655026)
That's the "We know this is going to court" response.:yesnod:

I do find it a little odd that he thanked me for "bringing it to his attention" like he didn't know about it already. I feel fairly certain that I AM NOT the one that caused the "appropriate people" to start looking into it. I sincerely hope that the resolution of this makes the news somewhere, and we know what happens.

VITE1 01-03-2019 6:39pm

Typical double speak by the left. They screwed up and now that the spot light is on them they shut up and let thier lawyers find a way out.

69camfrk 01-03-2019 7:06pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by VITE1 (Post 1655030)
Typical double speak by the left. They screwed up and now that the spot light is on them they shut up and let thier lawyers find a way out.

I'm certain that all alum and donors aren't bleeding heart liberals either. There are people out there that they don't want to piss off with dumbshit like this. Had I not seen the thread here, I never would have known. I sincerely hope that a lot of people have heard the audio, and know what has happened.

snide 01-03-2019 9:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by VITE1 (Post 1655030)
Typical double speak by the left. They screwed up and now that the spot light is on them they shut up and let thier weasels find a way out.

Fixededed.

JRD77VET 01-03-2019 9:15pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69camfrk (Post 1655031)
I'm certain that all alum and donors aren't bleeding heart liberals either. There are people out there that they don't want to piss off with dumbshit like this. Had I not seen the thread here, I never would have known. I sincerely hope that a lot of people have heard the audio, and know what has happened.

Perhaps it should be mentioned to him that there is audio proving the student did nothing wrong easily accessible on the web.

His reply was a lot of nothing. Nothing to make one think they made an error in judgement in suspending the student.

69camfrk 01-04-2019 5:48am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRD77VET (Post 1655058)
Perhaps it should be mentioned to him that there is audio proving the student did nothing wrong easily accessible on the web.

His reply was a lot of nothing. Nothing to make one think they made an error in judgement in suspending the student.

I told him in my original email that I listened to the audio, and found nothing offensive. He has heard it I bet.:seasix:

69camfrk 01-04-2019 5:49am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRD77VET (Post 1655058)

Yep....

6spdC6 01-04-2019 8:24am

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69camfrk (Post 1655028)
I do find it a little odd that he thanked me for "bringing it to his attention" like he didn't know about it already. I feel fairly certain that I AM NOT the one that caused the "appropriate people" to start looking into it. I sincerely hope that the resolution of this makes the news somewhere, and we know what happens.

Send in a oped to the local newspaper/s!

Olustee bus 01-04-2019 10:09am

Thanks for sending that letter and providing that info. Pure ridiculousness. Hold their feet to the fire.