The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   ***** ===== Spring is just around the corner Bar ===== ***** (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46895)

DAB 02-01-2013 6:35pm

***** ===== Spring is just around the corner Bar ===== *****

Ground hog day tomorrow.

care for some rodent surprise?

DAB 02-01-2013 6:35pm

thanks Mike.

you did make sure the bathrooms were empty, didn't you?

carlton_fritz 02-01-2013 6:38pm

Winter weather advisory here.

Ms.Gem 02-01-2013 6:50pm

Damnit Mike you closed me down before I got all the alcohol.:fingertap::deli::kick::D:leaving:

DAB 02-01-2013 6:53pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms.Gem (Post 874610)
Damnit Mike you closed me down before I got all the alcohol.:fingertap::deli::kick::D:leaving:

plenty here (i piped it over, i am an engineer you know, i have a few skills related to plumbing and fluid dynamics [favorite course, got an A]).

what can i get you?

Ms.Gem 02-01-2013 6:59pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 874612)
plenty here (i piped it over, i am an engineer you know, i have a few skills related to plumbing and fluid dynamics [favorite course, got an A]).

what can i get you?

:dance: I'd love a glass of Moscato. Thanks :D

DAB 02-01-2013 7:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms.Gem (Post 874616)

phew, Jeeves did order some of that.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...5SFJVgxGeD7Daw

DAB 02-01-2013 7:03pm

Quote:

Definition: As a long time resident of Piedmont, the Moscato grape (Muscat Blanc) is one of Italy's most eager wine ambassadors. Moscato tends to be a popular white wine among new wine lovers and enjoys a significant following with seasoned wine enthusiasts who enjoy a lighter-styled wine with brunch, dessert or on its own as a capable aperitif. This unique wine is often labeled simply as "Moscato" or if it's bred and born in Italy's Northwest region of Piedmont, it's seen sporting its full name of Moscato d'Asti (named after the grape, Moscato, and the Italian town of Asti). A close relative of Piedmont's Asti Spumante, Moscato d'Asti is generally produced in smaller quantities and in a more delicate style than Spumante. Looking for our top Moscato Wine Recommendations? Check them out here.
Aromatic and Flavor Profile of Moscato:

Moscato is known for its surprising perfume-like fragrance, light-body, semi-sparkling, spritzy character (frizzante), lower alcohol content (typically to the tune of the around 5-8% abv) and its dazzling fruit-forward palate profile with a welcoming sweet factor. The wine's color steers towards straw yellow with occasional tinges of gold. Moscato's inherent aromatics are simply stunning - orange blossom, honeysuckle, almonds, ginger and ultra expressive fruit dominated by green grapes, citrus tones and ripe peach nuances. On the palate, you can expect an impressive lineup of fresh, forward fruit with sugar levels ranging from semi-sweet to sweet and wrapped in medium acidity. From pear and apple, to orange and lime with consistent appearances in the ripe, juicy peach and apricot category, Moscato's flavors are extraordinarily fruit-filled. The delicate cascade of bubbles, light body and sweet surprise culminate to woo and win many unsuspecting palates to the wide world of wine.

While the Moscato sold at the lower price points typically exhibit a fruity focus with a decent dose of sweet in the mix, the higher quality Moscato steers quite clear of sugar-soaked fruit and brings a vivid spotlight to ripe stonefruit, with apricots, peaches and an intoxicating florality eager to steal the show.

Pairing Food with Moscato:

Intended to be consumed young, while it's fresh and vibrant, Moscato needs to be served well chilled and is downright delicious with apple desserts, fresh berries, summer salads, meringue pies, peach cobbler, hazelnut desserts and lemon-poppy breads and cakes. While dessert is Moscato's forte, cheese courses, charcuterie or antipasto plates can be perfect pairings for Moscato d'Asti wines. Its versatility, with a definitive balance of sweet and acidity, and the lower alcohol also make Moscato an ideal aperitif candidate, though it has certainly earned its stripes as the wine world's most fashionable brunch-time guest as well.

With good pricing, a unique palate presence and a style that enjoys popularity the world over, Moscato is a wine that finds friends in all circles. Fun, festive and full of sweet flavor, this is a white wine sparkler that can start a party, make a brunch or wrap its vino versatility around your favorite confections.

Moscato Wines to Try:

Paolo Saracco

Vietti

Giorgio Rivetti

Mionetto

Castello del Poggio

Risata

Beviamo

Bottega

Innocent Bystander

Jacob's Creek

Mirassou

For those looking for bargain bin wines, Barefoot and Flipflop bottle a Moscato at the $6 mark.

Pronunciation: Moh-sca-toe Dah-stee
Also Known As: Moscato Wine, Moscato d'Asti, White Muscat, Moscato, Moscato Canelli, Moscato Bianco, Muscat Blanc
Moscato Wine

learn something everyday. :DAB:

Ms.Gem 02-01-2013 7:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 874622)
phew, Jeeves did order some of that.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...5SFJVgxGeD7Daw

:seasix::hurray:I also enjoy Sachem's Picnic by Hopkins Vineyard.

DAB 02-01-2013 7:15pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms.Gem (Post 874630)
:seasix::hurray:I also enjoy Sachem's Picnic by Hopkins Vineyard.

:toetap:

ma'am, just one glass at a time please, and please don't slam wine like some russian downing vodka. savor it, enjoy it (cause i only have the one bottle).

:D

pretzels?

Ms.Gem 02-01-2013 7:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 874634)
:toetap:

ma'am, just one glass at a time please, and please don't slam wine like some russian downing vodka. savor it, enjoy it (cause i only have the one bottle).

:D

pretzels?

Damn maybe I should have got Rum and Coke Zero's. :D Or shots of tequila....:confused5::D

No pretzel's thanks.

:dance:

Mirroredshades 02-01-2013 7:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms.Gem (Post 874616)

What kind of girlie ass bullshi t is that ?

:cuss:

Ms.Gem 02-01-2013 7:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirroredshades (Post 874642)

What I'm not allowed to be girlie once in awhile and enjoy a glass of wine??? :leaving:

DAB 02-01-2013 7:28pm

Quote:

lady asks for what she likes, if it's in stock, that's what she gets.

Beer?

DAB 02-01-2013 7:29pm

Quote:

pssst, you can type out bullshit, but cussing tends to chase off the ladies.

Mirroredshades 02-01-2013 7:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 874653)
pssst, you can type out bullshit, but cussing tends to chase off the ladies.

Whoops. My bad. I didn't realize Laurie was in here yet.

:banana:

DAB 02-01-2013 7:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirroredshades (Post 874656)

banana daiquiri then? coming right up.

http://trialx.org/wp-content/uploads...Daiquiri-1.jpg

Mirroredshades 02-01-2013 7:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 874658)

:yum:

Ms.Gem 02-01-2013 7:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirroredshades (Post 874656)

:thehandle::slap::kick:
Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 874658)

I'd have given him a apple martini. :leaving:

DAB 02-01-2013 7:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ms.Gem (Post 874664)
:thehandle::slap::kick:

I'd have given him a apple martini. :leaving:

he didn't post an apple smilie. :slap: