The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   In the next 10 days... (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109490)

Aerovette 06-20-2017 10:47pm

In the next 10 days...

I'll be receiving divorce papers. :sad:

Everyone says it will be ok. It's not ok. :(

I never imagined I'd be here at this point in my life.

I wish I never got married.

This fk'n sucks.

I came for support, but I'll take jokes, jabs, cheap shots, comments, sarcasm, whatever you have to offer...you know, typical VBOT stuff.

vetteman9368 06-20-2017 10:54pm

Too many folks take marriage too lightly these days. It's a commitment, and in this day and age, an accomplishment to stay married. The end of a marriage can bring up some very bad feelings, both toward the other person and toward one's self. Don't let those feelings get to you. You'll get no jokes from me, I pray for your strength and comfort, and we are all here as your friends.

Stangkiller 06-20-2017 10:54pm

Hang tough man this time shall pass, I'm local if u need anything at all.....and the beer fridge is stocked :yesnod:

vetteman9368 06-20-2017 10:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stangkiller (Post 1566971)
Hang tough man this time shall pass, I'm local if u need anything at all.....and the beer fridge is stocked :yesnod:

And Chris normally has good beer

DAB 06-20-2017 11:15pm

I don't stock beer, but if I know you're coming, I'll stock what you like.

Norm 06-20-2017 11:34pm

Here’s the deal, you’re going to feel bad for a while then it will eventually dissipate. If you have kids, keep them close and don’t badmouth their mother, never.

Back in ’88 my first wife asked for a divorce. Hit me like a ton of bricks. Two boys, 12 & 10, they took it hard. After the dust settled, had an amicable settlement, no fighting, reasonable splitting of monies and property, I filed, kept it simple.

Started dating, (kept the boys out of my dating) had some fun with a few gals, most were looking for support, as in, marry me, I need someone to take care of me, oh did I tell you I have 3 kids……..nice knowing you.

After about three years, met a nice childless lady, dated for 7 years, been married for 20 now.

The first wife wanted to be free for a younger muscle-bound dude with money. He finally married her, that lasted a while, he kicked her out, got tired of her issues (big time vanity), and for a younger biker chick.

Now the first is a two time loser at marriage, has no contact with her own children (my two sons and grandchildren), and is totally estranged from her family siblings. She is now a lonely old woman with nobody. That karma can be a real bitch.

You hang tough, it will get better. Look at it this way, you have a chance for a new start, regardless of age, you'd be surprised of what's out there.

Good luck.

Chuck A 06-20-2017 11:49pm

sorry to hear
very sucky, indeed

Milton Fox 06-21-2017 12:11am

Have you thought about playing for the other team? :waiting:

(maybe it is in your best interest - look for the open door and the silver lining....

Black94lt1 06-21-2017 1:58am

I can't add much as I've never been through it l, at least yet :leaving: What I can say is that everyone I know that has has been much happier in the end. You will be fine just give yourself time to heal and reflect.

Olustee bus 06-21-2017 3:23am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norm (Post 1566976)
Here’s the deal, you’re going to feel bad for a while then it will eventually dissipate. If you have kids, keep them close and don’t badmouth their mother, never.

Back in ’88 my first wife asked for a divorce. Hit me like a ton of bricks. Two boys, 12 & 10, they took it hard. After the dust settled, had an amicable settlement, no fighting, reasonable splitting of monies and property, I filed, kept it simple.

Started dating, (kept the boys out of my dating) had some fun with a few gals, most were looking for support, as in, marry me, I need someone to take care of me, oh did I tell you I have 3 kids……..nice knowing you.

After about three years, met a nice childless lady, dated for 7 years, been married for 20 now.

The first wife wanted to be free for a younger muscle-bound dude with money. He finally married her, that lasted a while, he kicked her out, got tired of her issues (big time vanity), and for a younger biker chick.

Now the first is a two time loser at marriage, has no contact with her own children (my two sons and grandchildren), and is totally estranged from her family siblings. She is now a lonely old woman with nobody. That karma can be a real bitch.

You hang tough, it will get better. Look at it this way, you have a chance for a new start, regardless of age, you'd be surprised of what's out there.

Good luck.

:withstupid:

Norm pegged it well.

It is tough but you will get through.

After my separation, I looked in the mirror and hardly recognized myself. I had been drinking too much and losing sleep.

I vowed then, to myself, that I would build a better life. I never lost site of that vow and it really happened - Big time. You can do it too.

Broken Wind 06-21-2017 6:06am

Aero, I understand each of those feelings you expressed. Been there done that. I was 45 at the time.

I just turned 60. It DOES get better, I promise you. If someone had told me back then that I would be in the position I'm in today, I simply would not have believed them.

Have faith. And I'm not talking religious faith, just faith that a day will come that you will look back and understand that what happened was truly for the best.

99 pewtercoupe 06-21-2017 6:30am

I don't think any of us really know what it is like unless we go through it
All I can suggest is that you need to stay strong and keep the faith in your own future

Sneaks 06-21-2017 6:58am

You're getting papers effectively allowing you to go bump nasties wth anybody you want(read anyone willing to feck ya) with no repercussions, and you're bitching?
You need to go hump your brains out until you drain enough ball juice to get you thinking straight again. 👍
Oh, and sorry bout your divorce. It'll be alright. There, there.........😀

Aerovette 06-21-2017 7:16am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sneaks (Post 1567003)
You're getting papers effectively allowing you to go bump nasties wth anybody you want(read anyone willing to feck ya) with no repercussions, and you're bitching?
You need to go hump your brains out until you drain enough ball juice to get you thinking straight again. 👍

You obviously have never seen me.:Jeff '79:

Hoog 06-21-2017 7:29am

Divorce papers are like getting the title to your own life back.

04 commemorative 06-21-2017 7:37am

Hope you get through this ok, I have a friend that is going through the same thing right now.
Has to suck having your entire life turned upside down ! If there is anything I can do to help (short of giving money or sexual favors of course) feel free to ask. Stay strong and hope it all works out for you.
Would a good pic of wife be out of line?:leaving: :willy:

Mike Mercury 06-21-2017 8:09am

It's always for the better, though at the moment it may not seem that way.

Speakin from experience.

boracayjohnny 06-21-2017 8:14am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sneaks (Post 1567003)

On point.

Also...

You loved her, she did for a while, and now she doesn't. Life is never fair. Play the hand you're dealt now. Move on. Yes it sucks. But that's how life is...never fair.

Or put it another way. The sun will rise tomorrow whether you're around, I'm around, or many others are around. That's what it does, the sun rises every morning. You should too.

dwjz06 06-21-2017 9:20am

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1566969)
I'll be receiving divorce papers. :sad:

Everyone says it will be ok. It's not ok. :(

I never imagined I'd be here at this point in my life.

I wish I never got married.

This fk'n sucks.

I came for support, but I'll take jokes, jabs, cheap shots, comments, sarcasm, whatever you have to offer...you know, typical VBOT stuff.

Sorry Jeff. I wish I was that far a long. I have to wait 12 months to be done with this crap. After 19 years. Oh well live and learn. It will be better down the road sir. You can count on it.:cert:

Mike Mercury 06-21-2017 9:49am

even though I wanted my divorce to happen, it was not a pleasant task. It all smooths-out once everything is legally final.

Better waters to sail in await.