The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Ford Dealership Mechanics Joy-Ride and Abuse Customers Mustang GT (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118617)

StaticCling 02-09-2019 3:35pm

Ford Dealership Mechanics Joy-Ride and Abuse Customers Mustang GT

Antfarmer2 02-09-2019 4:01pm

What are they going to do to make up for this?

MEANZ06 02-09-2019 4:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antfarmer2 (Post 1658518)

Put it on blocks then put it in reverse to take off the 5 miles put on it... :D

Bill 02-09-2019 4:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MEANZ06 (Post 1658521)
Put it on blocks then put it in reverse to take off the 5 miles put on it... :D

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015...9884718726.jpg

69camfrk 02-09-2019 5:14pm

I feel pretty certain I would crack Sanchez's skull for joy riding in my car.:issues:

Bill 02-09-2019 5:25pm

I need more back story on this. What was the car in for? When I have my truck repaired, I specifically ask the mechanic to drive it enough to make sure the problem is fixed. Did the mechanic have permission from the owner to drive it? Was a test drive appropriate? Might not have been, if, say, they had replaced an airbag or something that wouldn't present in a test drive.

Also, was this the mechanic that worked on the car, or was this a porter? If it was the porter, yeah, I'd be extremely pissed too. If it was the mechanic and there was no legitimate reason to test drive it, I'd be upset, too. If a test drive was appropriate, however, then the fact that he drove around to holla' at his home boys and girls isn't upsetting to me.

Lots of questions.

Antfarmer2 02-09-2019 5:37pm

Looked like an alignment.

StaticCling 02-09-2019 7:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antfarmer2 (Post 1658528)
Looked like an alignment.

Yup. Guy took it in for an alignment. That doesn't warrant lighting up the tires, driving 70+mph down narrow neighborhood surface streets, and a burnt clutch smell in the cabin. By all means, test drive it. DON'T FLOG THE SHIT OUT IT. That's the customers job. :Jeff '79:

StaticCling 02-09-2019 7:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antfarmer2 (Post 1658518)

Quote:

Right now, Sood is still waiting for his refund, and through Jalopnik we’ve learned that his initial demands were rejected by the dealership. The Mustang owner wanted full reimbursement for a future check-up at another location, a full clutch replacement, brakes, new tires, as well as compensation for time taken off work. Since he didn’t get what he wanted, he went on to publish everything he had on social media.

Meanwhile, someone called Martin (Fixed Operations Director) who works at Steven’s Jersey City Ford said he talked to Sood himself and tried to make things right.

“The demands that he is requesting that we do is…outrageous. I want to work with the gentleman as much as I can, but I’m not going to be threatened with social media.” The exec kept saying that Sood threatened his workplace with social media exposure of what had happened.

“Things happen in this country. Things happen. The people that were involved were terminated…it’s not something that we accept here. We took immediate actions, and also wanted to help the customer. And for me to replace brakes and clutches and suspension and rebuild his car, I think is very unreasonable.”

Apparently he is asking for Tires, Brakes, and a new Clutch plus a voucher for the work to be done at a different dealership and compensation for time off from his job. Tires, maybe. Brakes, that might be a little bit too much. Clutch? ABSOLUTELY. They owe the guy a new clutch when it is evident in the video that the 'tech' said they smelled the clutch roasting. His demands aren't that unreasonable to be honest. :island14:

JRD77VET 02-09-2019 7:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinaski (Post 1658535)
Apparently he is asking for Tires, Brakes, and a new Clutch plus a voucher for the work to be done at a different dealership and compensation for time off from his job. Tires, maybe. Brakes, that might be a little bit too much. Clutch? ABSOLUTELY. They owe the guy a new clutch when it is evident in the video that the 'tech' said they smelled the clutch roasting. His demands aren't that unreasonable to be honest. :island14:

The Dealership's employee abused his vehicle. Terminating those responsible was nothing more than cover your ass on their part.

The dealership is now eating bad publicity due to cheaping out on what could have been easily taken care of. :slap:

Antfarmer2 02-09-2019 8:00pm

He was not threatening them he was just giving them full credit. :dance:

Chuck A 02-10-2019 5:13pm

why is the camera on, is that normal for it to be on?

Antfarmer2 02-10-2019 5:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck A (Post 1658605)
why is the camera on, is that normal for it to be on?

Mine turns on automatically. :seasix::cert::seasix:

Chuck A 02-10-2019 6:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antfarmer2 (Post 1658606)
Mine turns on automatically. :seasix::cert::seasix:

i have a friend of mine that was having his MC serviced he went across the street to a restaurant and seen his MC was being whellied down the block, yes you cant trust anyone

Chuck A 02-10-2019 6:32pm

every time their is work being done i am always watching because people do LIE!!!!!! and what they say they did they do not....

Mike Mercury 02-10-2019 8:15pm

Quote:

The Dealership's employee abused his vehicle. Terminating those responsible was nothing more than cover your ass on their part.
and they may not be actually fired, especially if any of those responsible were related to the dealership owner:
*Son
*Son-in-law
*daughters boyfriend
*nephew

call the dealership in a month and ask for anyone that was fired... by name.

:D

markids77 02-10-2019 8:28pm

My Ranger had its first alignment check at 75K when new Michelins went on. It required no adjustment. My Miata got its original clutch replaced at 156,000 miles. I question why a seemingly near new Mustang required a front end alignment, and why the joyriders who were not drifting the thing or doing smoky launches could smell the clutch... could it be the owner pounds the shit out of his car on his own?

C5SilverBullet 02-11-2019 12:10pm

Dealership I was previously at wrapped a customer's 2019 Z06 around a pole last weekend.

snide 02-11-2019 7:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by C5SilverBullet (Post 1658667)
Dealership I was previously at wrapped a customer's 2019 Z06 around a pole last weekend.

I'll bet that left a mark.