The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Iím in trouble (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123566)

SnikPlosskin 09-06-2020 10:59am

Iím in trouble
 
About two years ago I had six inches of small bowel cut out. (Possibly yanked out). Due to some butchery, I have had three corrective surgeries since. For the last six months Iíve had bad abdominal pain which I thought was just my illness going nuts. Mostly abdominal pressure.

Turns out my bladder isnít emptying. Now my kidneys are in stage 1 failure. Waiting for surgery scheduler trying to avoid ER. Believe it or not, itís an outpatient thing but comes with four days of brutal recovery with Foley catheter.

Iíll go to the ER if I have to, but that is what precipated the living hell I went through last time. I donít want a general surgeon anywhere near me.

Iím stable for now. My kidneys are hurting. I donít know when they will schedule so my life is on hold. I had to postpone my chemo on Wednesday. Iím also anemic so I was going to get iron infusion too. Now I donít know when.

Wife is terrified but not as much as me.

Just whining. at the same time, Iím ready to do anything to lose this pain. After six months of 24/7 it is wearing me down.

Pisses me off (pun not intended) that none of my doctors caught this sooner. They get too focused on the primary disease state. This is how a lot of people with chronic illness die.

I bet I wonít though. :cert:

The_Dude 09-06-2020 12:07pm

Good luck Pete.

Rikki Z-06 09-06-2020 12:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Dude (Post 1803068)
Good luck Pete.

:withstupid:

SnikPlosskin 09-06-2020 12:29pm

It never ends!

NEED-A-VETTE 09-06-2020 12:37pm

Good luck!

Eat some raw spinach and other high iron foods in the meantime. Not sure what is best or what you can tolerate with chronic illnesses? Itís not going to be as effective as your iron transfusion, but it may help a little. (Iím also chronically anemic related to my celiac disease.)

Dan Dlabay 09-06-2020 1:21pm

Hope everything turns out ok. Will keep you in our prayers and may God bless you and make you well.:angel:

lspencer534 09-06-2020 2:10pm

Bless you, old friend. I'm praying for you. :seasix:

ThePirate 09-06-2020 2:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Dlabay (Post 1803090)
Hope everything turns out ok. Will keep you in our prayers and may God bless you and make you well.:angel:


:iagree: God bless you.

snide 09-06-2020 3:07pm

Best wishes Pete. You'll get through this. :angel:

BTW, got anything good to sell? :bigears: :leaving:

SnikPlosskin 09-06-2020 3:11pm

Canít tell you how much I appreciate you guys. Even that one guy.

Somehow I need to maintain for a few more days. Hoping I get scheduling info Tuesday and can get in this week. With my luck I have a sinking feeling thatís not gonna happen. Trying to stay positive but to be honest, this is just too much. I also found out I have some sort of tumor on my liver. MRI was done and itís ďinconclusiveĒ. I have to get another with different dye.

If I end up with another chronic condition or more surgeries, Iím not sure I can keep going. Iím so tired.

Itís like my body is failing in multiple places. Much like my Ford Explorer. We sold it after the transmission blew to a Mexican dude.

Maybe my wife can get A few pesos out of my carcass.

Steve_R 09-06-2020 3:17pm

Hmmm...letís see, in the last 6 weeks Iíve had surgery for Crohnís where they removed sections in two different places. Thatís the second Crohnís surgery since it was diagnosed 40 years ago. In the last 6 weeks Iíve also had kidney surgery - twice, a week apart. Yeah, it sucked big time. Unlike you I refuse to let it rule and ruin my life. Man up and take charge of your care. Or not. Itís up to you, nobody else.

Sea Six 09-06-2020 3:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnikPlosskin (Post 1803025)
About two years ago I had six inches of small bowel cut out. (Possibly yanked out). Due to some butchery, I have had three corrective surgeries since. For the last six months Iíve had bad abdominal pain which I thought was just my illness going nuts. Mostly abdominal pressure.

Turns out my bladder isnít emptying. Now my kidneys are in stage 1 failure. Waiting for surgery scheduler trying to avoid ER. Believe it or not, itís an outpatient thing but comes with four days of brutal recovery with Foley catheter.

Iíll go to the ER if I have to, but that is what precipated the living hell I went through last time. I donít want a general surgeon anywhere near me.

Iím stable for now. My kidneys are hurting. I donít know when they will schedule so my life is on hold. I had to postpone my chemo on Wednesday. Iím also anemic so I was going to get iron infusion too. Now I donít know when.

Wife is terrified but not as much as me.

Just whining. at the same time, Iím ready to do anything to lose this pain. After six months of 24/7 it is wearing me down.

Pisses me off (pun not intended) that none of my doctors caught this sooner. They get too focused on the primary disease state. This is how a lot of people with chronic illness die.

I bet I wonít though. :cert:

Pete, get some quotes. If you can rustle up all the parts and materials, I'll do it for 50% off.


Oh, and during the month of September, we're doing a special on replacement kidneys... your second kidney is free.


:)


:thumbs:

SnikPlosskin 09-06-2020 3:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_R (Post 1803143)
Hmmm...letís see, in the last 6 weeks Iíve had surgery for Crohnís where they removed sections in two different places. Thatís the second Crohnís surgery since it was diagnosed 40 years ago. In the last 6 weeks Iíve also had kidney surgery - twice, a week apart. Yeah, it sucked big time. Unlike you I refuse to let it rule and ruin my life. Man up and take charge of your care. Or not. Itís up to you, nobody else.

Sorry to hear. This will be my fifth in two years. Are you on remicade or other biological? What went on with kidneys?

Why do you assume I let it rule my life? I work full time running my own company, perform and record music and never let it hold me back. Sometimes it gets me down. Donít bullshit me as if you are superhuman. Perhaps your disease isnít as advanced as mine. I would think you might be more supportive since you have some understanding.

Also why assume Iím not in charge of my care? What a dick post. Iím a fierce advocate for myself. I donít have any support so I occasionally turn here.

You of all people should be more understanding. You are immensely negative on this board. Particularly towards me.

I have two serious chronic illnesses already. Crohns and a type of incurable leukemia. I had my urethra reconstructed from damage during surgery. Go through that and let me know how you do.

SnikPlosskin 09-06-2020 3:56pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Six (Post 1803148)
Pete, get some quotes. If you can rustle up all the parts and materials, I'll do it for 50% off.


Oh, and during the month of September, we're doing a special on replacement kidneys... your second kidney is free.


:)


:thumbs:

Shit, that is a deal! Iím in. I have a lot of tools if that helps! :dance:

bill_daniels 09-06-2020 4:01pm

Damn, sorry to here about this, Pete. Just be strong, and lean in on your family.

Thomas 09-06-2020 4:08pm

Hard to say anything without it sounding like a worn out cliche. Still; keep fighting. The alternative is no good. No good at all.

Steve_R 09-06-2020 4:17pm

Sorry you feel that way Pete. Iíve mentioned in your other threads about this that Iím willing to have a discussion with you offline about this. No reply. Iím not going to get into a ďmy health is worse than yoursĒ argument with you. In your most recent thread about this you mentioned prednisone. If youíre on that you need a new gastroenterologist NOW. I havenít taken that for at least 10 years, and closer to 15. Itís not a treatment. I was on Humira until my most recent surgery and it worked well. I see my gastroenterologist next week and sheís already mentioned that there are several new biologic treatments for this that show promise; Iíll be starting one of those instead of Humira. I wouldnít wish this on my worst enemy, but it is something you can live with and still have a good quality of life. Good luck.

JRD77VET 09-06-2020 5:50pm

I'll be praying for you my friend :angel:

Dixievet 09-06-2020 6:10pm

Will be praying for you Pete.

Loco Vette 09-06-2020 6:13pm

Pete, you got this. You always got this. Hang in there bud.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 9:45pm.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 - 2020 The Vette Barn