The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Who do you blame? (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124556)

Aerovette 01-07-2021 12:22pm

Who do you blame?

Who do you blame for the debacle at the capitol building?

Rob 01-07-2021 12:24pm

Social Media

DJ_Critterus 01-07-2021 12:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dixievet (Post 1842070)
Social Media

Don't forget the media, the politicians, deep state, swamp, antifa, and BLM. Had Trump fired Fauci early on when he knew his guidance was bullshit, this pandemic wouldn't have been as bad as it was made out to be and mail in voting wouldn't have been an option.

Aerovette 01-07-2021 12:27pm

Why does my question for a poll show up before I create the poll? :ulan:

z06psi 01-07-2021 12:28pm

The left pushing very hard to the left. Using the pandemic as an excuse to rig an election.

z06psi 01-07-2021 12:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ_Critterus (Post 1842073)
Don't forget the media, the politicians, deep state, swamp, antifa, and BLM. Had Trump fired Fauci early on when he knew his guidance was bullshit, this pandemic wouldn't have been as bad as it was made out to be and mail in voting wouldn't have been an option.

Why have we not threatened China for unleashing a virus on the world?

Why hasn't the world?

They knew in September there was a virus in the public. Yet did nothing until January.

Go to the root problem. Not all the after effects.

z06psi 01-07-2021 12:56pm

If there is no pandemic there is no changing of voting processes against law, there is way less speculation.

This was taken advantage of by the Dems and everyone knows it.

First blame is China.

Second blame is the fear the media unleashed.

Third blame is the Dems for pushing mail in voting against actual laws.

Fourth blame is Trump's language.

Broken Wind 01-07-2021 1:05pm

I blame a lot of things, but Mr Trump is at the top of the list. The guy is an ass and apparently does not comprehend the power his words hold. Once you're in command it's time to lead. People will always look to their leader for an example. One's example needs to be positive.

Political rhetoric has gotten out of hand. Both sides are guilty of that. The people in Congress seem to think there are never repercussions for their words...Until there is, then they are aghast. I suppose they are surprised any of us listen to them.

I'm sure that after the inauguration we will be overwhelmed with evidence of election fraud. Yeah, that will happen.

z06psi 01-07-2021 1:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broken Wind (Post 1842090)
I blame a lot of things, but Mr Trump is at the top of the list. The guy is an ass and apparently does not comprehend the power his words hold. Once you're in command it's time to lead. People will always look to their leader for an example. One's example needs to be positive.

Political rhetoric has gotten out of hand. Both sides are guilty of that. The people in Congress seem to think there are never repercussions for their words...Until there is, then they are aghast. I suppose they are surprised any of us listen to them.

I'm sure that after the inauguration we will be overwhelmed with evidence of election fraud. Yeah, that will happen.

Illogical argument.

Little Red L98. 01-07-2021 1:42pm

Should have had a STFU z06psi option.

DAB 01-07-2021 1:48pm

who do I blame.

I blame those who violated the law. those who attacked the security forces, those who broke down barricades and doors and window. those who trespassed after being told not to.

that's who i blame.

but..... the security response was very poor. they let a few hundred unarmed people completely take over the House and Senate chambers. appeared to me that the Capitol Police were more there for show than anything else. "my, what pretty uniforms and polished holsters".

the problem going forward is what is Congress going to do about this? More fencing to protect them, yeah, understandable. how about the rest of us? more armed and trained officers, also a reasonable response. at what point do we just turn DC into a reverse prison. you can only get in with special permission, and every movement is monitored and recorded. oh, you want to see your congressman? you'll have to apply and wait 6 months for permission.

z06psi 01-07-2021 1:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Red L98. (Post 1842107)
Should have had a STFU z06psi option.

Awwwwwwwe

Aerovette 01-07-2021 1:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broken Wind (Post 1842090)

How is it that so many said they won't take the virus if he promotes it, laugh at his tweets, think he is an imbecile...but his words are powerful ?

He did lead. He did it well. He reminded people that the government belongs to THEM. He reminded us that WE are the boss and the politicians are OUR employees. He reminded the world that we are a powerful military and economic nation and their bullshit won't fly. He reminded us that patriotism is not a bad thing. He reminded us that we can all prosper.

NONE of that was acceptable to the left and they made it their MISSION to squeeze us back under their thumb and to push him out...and through fraud, stonewalling, lies, and a lot of pissing and moaning, they succeeded.

Aerovette 01-07-2021 1:53pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1842109)
who do I blame.

I blame those who violated the law. those who attacked the security forces, those who broke down barricades and doors and window. those who trespassed after being told not to.

that's who i blame.

but..... the security response was very poor. they let a few hundred unarmed people completely take over the House and Senate chambers. appeared to me that the Capitol Police were more there for show than anything else. "my, what pretty uniforms and polished holsters".

the problem going forward is what is Congress going to do about this? More fencing to protect them, yeah, understandable. how about the rest of us? more armed and trained officers, also a reasonable response. at what point do we just turn DC into a reverse prison. you can only get in with special permission, and every movement is monitored and recorded. oh, you want to see your congressman? you'll have to apply and wait 6 months for permission.

First - The police MOVED the barricades in one spot and let them advance. You also see more than one video of the police turning and retreating instead of holding their position. As soon as they turn, the crowd moves forward.

Second - Today's actions are closing the barn door after the horses are out. The event will not be repeated. They could leave the Capitol doors wide opened and no one is going back.

DAB 01-07-2021 2:00pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1842115)
First - The police MOVED the barricades in one spot and let them advance. You also see more than one video of the police turning and retreating instead of holding their position. As soon as they turn, the crowd moves forward.

Second - Today's actions are closing the barn door after the horses are out. The event will not be repeated. They could leave the Capitol doors wide opened and no one is going back.

sounds like they don't know what they are doing.

as one commentator on Fox noted this morning, the Capitol is like a sieve, too many entries and exits. and no bars on street level windows? oops. even the poor people in town here have bars on their windows.

Anjdog2003 01-07-2021 2:03pm

Porter :kick:

DAB 01-07-2021 2:03pm

imagine the havoc 19 or 20 people, properly motivated, trained, and committed, with basic weapons (say some box cutters or even pistols) could cause?

the capitol police need to fix their mess, now.

NEED-A-VETTE 01-07-2021 2:04pm

The options given are not mutually exclusive. I choose all of the above.

Giraffe (He/Him) 01-07-2021 2:22pm

Quote:

Other (explain)
George Floyd.

Aerovette 01-07-2021 2:46pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas (Post 1842134)
George Floyd.

I can see that. :seasix:

Democrats bought the entire country with his fake twenty.