The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   The NRA is declaring bankruptcy... (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124637)

StaticCling 01-15-2021 4:24pm

The NRA is declaring bankruptcy...

Just heard on the radio. :island14:

Loco Vette 01-15-2021 4:25pm

Troof

Bloomberg

DAB 01-15-2021 4:40pm

as GM showed, that's one way to dump old liabilities. reorganize, reincorporate (new NRA), and start over. thus shedding any claims NY may have against them.

Mick 01-15-2021 5:13pm

See, President Biden kicking ass before he even becomes President! He said he was going to defeat the NRA, and now he's done it! What a great leader!

m and t's77 01-15-2021 6:40pm

You can only buy so many suits with other peoples money.:leaving:

Datawiz 01-15-2021 6:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 1845356)
See, President Biden kicking ass before he even becomes President! He said he was going to defeat the NRA, and now he's done it! What a great leader!

:skep:

snide 01-15-2021 8:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by datawiz (Post 1845405)
:skep:

I think he forgot to use the sarcasm font.

gs568 01-15-2021 8:23pm

Heard they are starting over in Texas.

markids77 01-15-2021 8:28pm

I saw this coming all those years ago when they decided they just had to have a brandy new, "state of the art" headquarters; no expense spared. That told me just where the organization was headed and I started supporting less self serving, more tightly focused folk.

DJ_Critterus 01-16-2021 10:59am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1845333)
as GM showed, that's one way to dump old liabilities. reorganize, reincorporate (new NRA), and start over. thus shedding any claims NY may have against them.

And it's an easy way for them to forgo tax liabilities in NY as they move everything to TX, which was announced yesterday, too.

Aerovette 01-16-2021 11:03am

I hope they plant themselves smack in the middle of Austin with the biggest brightest sign known to man. I'd like to look west and see the glow from their sign all the way from Houston. I'm not a crazy NRA-er, but if it is NRA or no NRA, I'd just as soon they stick around.

6spdC6 01-16-2021 11:09am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ_Critterus (Post 1845576)
And it's an easy way for them to forgo tax liabilities in NY as they move everything to TX, which was announced yesterday, too.

The bitch Kunt that is NYS attorney general has a big hard-on for the NRA, she has said before she will do anything in her power to put the NRA out of business. She has been working dam hard to accomplish it!

FWIW that means she will do everything she can makes no difference if its legal or not, lib's like her only pay attention to rules/laws they like. She most likely will be the next elected governor when killer Cuomo moves out. NYC will see to that!

04 commemorative 01-16-2021 11:10am

So better to have unregistered I guess :confused5: If they don't know you have them....they can't take them :clap:

Bill 01-16-2021 11:22am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1845333)

Does the NRA have bond holders to screw over?

snide 01-16-2021 11:30am

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6spdC6 (Post 1845579)
The bitch Kunt that is NYS attorney general has a big hard-on for the NRA, she has said before she will do anything in her power to put the NRA out of business. She has been working dam hard to accomplish it!

[knooger] Pics of hard -on? [/knooger] @Knooger :leaving:

Bill 01-16-2021 11:31am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ_Critterus (Post 1845576)

They are a non profit, so taxes for the NRA should be minimal....non profits don't pay property tax or income tax, for example. So when non profits need the police or fire departments, or a pothole fixed, or street lights, or any of the other myriad of services provided by government, they don't pay for any of it.

Having said that, moving to Texas would be beneficial for the employees, as they no longer have to pay state income tax, and the sales tax is probably less in Texas as well. Our property taxes, though, are high.

For example, I have a nothing special, cookie cutter house, under 2900 sq. feet, and I just wrote a check to the tax collector for almost $ 6,000. People who actually have nice houses pay a lot more than that. Taxes on our shop are outrageously high as well.

Even though they won't be paying any tax here, I still welcome the NRA here, and maybe if they get rid of the well dressed Wayne LaPierre and a bunch of the other high cost administrative dead weight, and get back to basics, the core mission, they'll rebuild the trust they have lost with Americans.

Lakota 01-16-2021 3:36pm

Virginia will lose since the NRA is HQ in that state. NY state will only lose a little yearly filing fees. :shots:

"The gun-rights group boasts about 5 million members. Though headquartered in Virginia, the NRA was chartered as a nonprofit in New York in 1871 and is incorporated in the state. Going forward, the NRA said a committee will study opportunities to relocate segments of its operations to Texas and elsewhere."

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...kruptcy-459810