The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   🔫 🔫 🔫 🎖️ [Merged] The Official Dogface Bar And Grill 🎖️ 🔫 🔫 🔫 (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117567)

Strats-N-Vettes 06-25-2019 8:08am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olustee bus (Post 1674528)
Morning all. going to the University of Florida to talk to a neurosurgeon to discuss a cerrvical laminectomy for me. We will see. I have had a lumbar laminectomy and it helped a lot.

I am hoping it will improve my balance which is getting bad. I have a feeling of falling forward when I walk!

Which ones?
Thru throat?

Best of luck buddy! :angel:

Rodnok1 06-25-2019 11:02am

Good luck with the neurosurgeon Bus...

Took the Caddy for an alignment this morning as it was pulling a tad to the right... Afterwards it'll put itself in the ditch in 2 seconds when you let go of the wheel it pulls so bad. I wasn't happy. I advised them to check things again, I was shown the spec sheet before and after showing its fine now... Uhhhh no. Why is it so hard for a mechanic to actually test drive a vehicle after working on it?
I had to switch places as my other guy retired, that'll teach me.
Alignments and tire balancing are literally the only times someone else is allowed to touch any of my cars and they can't do them correctly either. If I hadn't burnt the monitor out in my alignment machine they wouldn't have touched it this time.

Sorry for the rant folks... Nothing like wasting a day on something simple. :ulan:

C3C7NIC 06-25-2019 11:15am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olustee bus (Post 1674528)
Morning all. going to the University of Florida to talk to a neurosurgeon to discuss a cerrvical laminectomy for me. We will see. I have had a lumbar laminectomy and it helped a lot.

I am hoping it will improve my balance which is getting bad. I have a feeling of falling forward when I walk!

Had this procedure, anterior approach (throat). Very helpful!

Good luck.

Old Ben 06-25-2019 11:22am

Morning/Afternoon all. Busy morning doing chores: Horses/ponies, stable, pool, watering trees/ flowers/ vegetables, edging and trimming. :ack:

It is time for a beer.

Rodnok1 06-25-2019 5:40pm

Well supposedly a cord went in LF tire and it was the issue with the pulling to the right, funny when I put it back on at home it didn't pull worse and now seems I have vibration way worse than before dropped it off today. I ordered 2 new tires for the frt as now I'm worried about them. I'm 99% sure they're a bunch of lairs and were trying to recoup cash from messing alignment up by bending me over for 2 new frt tires. They said road force balance picked it up, as bad as it pulled it should be obvious to the naked eye. I know they adjusted the alignment again but it's still not correct.
So I'll mount 2 new tires and have balanced Thursday maybe find another shop to align it and deal with those idiots another day.

Hope everyone had a good day today.

C3C7NIC 06-25-2019 6:42pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodnok1 (Post 1674563)
Well supposedly a cord went in LF tire and it was the issue with the pulling to the right, funny when I put it back on at home it didn't pull worse and now seems I have vibration way worse than before dropped it off today. I ordered 2 new tires for the frt as now I'm worried about them. I'm 99% sure they're a bunch of lairs and were trying to recoup cash from messing alignment up by bending me over for 2 new frt tires. They said road force balance picked it up, as bad as it pulled it should be obvious to the naked eye. I know they adjusted the alignment again but it's still not correct.
So I'll mount 2 new tires and have balanced Thursday maybe find another shop to align it and deal with those idiots another day.

Hope everyone had a good day today.

Time to open a can. :thomas:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Ben (Post 1674544)
Morning/Afternoon all. Busy morning doing chores: Horses/ponies, stable, pool, watering trees/ flowers/ vegetables, edging and trimming. :ack:

It is time for a six pack of beer.

FXD

Hardluck 06-25-2019 9:05pm

:barnbabe:

Rodnok1 06-26-2019 6:48am

Morning everyone.. Decent weather here today with lower humidity.
Have a good day :kimblair:

Old Ben 06-26-2019 8:36am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodnok1 (Post 1674616)
Morning everyone.. Decent weather here today with lower humidity.
Have a good day :kimblair:

Morning Rod. Another hot and humid day here today. :ack:

C3C7NIC 06-26-2019 9:06am

Sup all.

90 here today and although not "southern" version of humid, humid for us.

Off to see grandma, take thing 1 to other grandma an off to work.

Will come up for air around 8:30 pm.

Make it a good one

:c3c7nic:

Old Ben 06-26-2019 9:13am

Morning Nicole. Hope you have an easy day at work today.

Rodnok1 06-26-2019 9:50am

Howdy Ben...
Dog days of summer are definitely here.

Swapped on a pair of rims/tires known to be good and. Vibration is gone, car drifts a tad to the left on flat highway but that's about right. I think the RF tire is bad not the LF... Bunch of dumbasses giving me a Migraine.
I'll dismount th tires tonight and be ready for new tires tomorrow.
Is it beer time yet?

MadInNc 06-26-2019 11:28am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodnok1 (Post 1674630)
Howdy Ben...

Swapped on a pair of rims/tires known to be good and. Vibration is gone, car drifts a tad to the left on flat highway but that's about right. I think the RF tire is bad not the LF... Bunch of dumbasses giving me a Migraine.
Is it beer time yet?

Yes :datawiz:

Old Ben 06-26-2019 2:29pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodnok1 (Post 1674630)
Howdy Ben...

Is it beer time yet?

It is always beer time when you're retired. :cert:

Rodnok1 06-26-2019 7:24pm

Oit of beer time for shine... :shots:

Hardluck 06-26-2019 9:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Ben (Post 1674650)
It is always beer time when you're retired. :cert:

I agree with the geezer!:seasix:

Strats-N-Vettes 06-27-2019 6:45am

Get up! :yell:

Old Ben 06-27-2019 6:59am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strats-N-Vettes (Post 1674728)
Get up! :yell:

I've been up for 2 hours waiting for someone to show up in here.

C3C7NIC 06-27-2019 7:09am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Ben (Post 1674730)

Present:kimblair:

Strats-N-Vettes 06-27-2019 7:27am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Ben (Post 1674730)

Was thinking about frolicking in the woods to go look for muscadine vines.
But I could hear the mosquitos from my A/C'd dining room.

Am still in the A/C; didnt wanna feed the wildlife. :seasix: