The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Car wash rant (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120750)

09CTSV 12-07-2019 7:53am

Car wash rant

So we had some crappy roads from the weather and our road department decided to sprinkle the area with sand/salt for the rain. I can never figure out what the heck goes thru the persons mind who decides to pre treat or put the salt out.
Anyhow, decided to run the Trackhawk thru the auto wash to clean the bottom side and get the crap off the sides. Went to a brand new Tommy's car wash in Newburgh IN. Drive in, like it because it does not have the side guides which can mess the rims up if not careful. They have a neat set up which is like a big conveyor and pulls the vehicle along in neutral.
All is going well until I get to the rinse section and the machine shuts down, next I fell a bump/bang. I thought it was a brush winding down and bumping the back of the Jeep. After about 4 minutes an employee comes up and asks me to pull up a little bit. I thought a sensor or something was blocked and in order to restart they needed to have me move up. I did and about another two minutes the manager comes up and tells me the person behind had rear ended me and to pull out side to look the truck over for damage, he had told the person behind to do the same thing.
Needless to say I was extremely pissed. When I pulled out and looked at the back of the Hawk, the cover was cracked on the hitch cover and a dent in the lower valance. The idiot who hit me comes out and stumbles around to put his antenna back on and claims he did not hit me. I tell him he can tell the police that and he gets in his Jeep Compass and drives off.
I went back to get the police report and watch the video last night. Amazing this azzhat is even allowed to drive. He was driving thru the car wash instead of putting it in neutral. You can see the employee's running telling him to stop and them shutting the wash down.
I wonder how his insurance company is going to like the claim they will pay to fix my car.

69camfrk 12-07-2019 8:03am

Some people need their ass beat. Several months ago, I took my truck through the car wash, and it pulls you along too. The ass hat in front of me stops at the end of the thing when he is supposed to pull away. The machine is literally about to put me in his rear bumper. So right before I would have hit him, I tap the horn, so he will realize what is going on. Mofo flips me off. He is lucky that he decided to completely exit the place. My two buddies that were with me don't put up with shit either, and I'm fairly certain they were as pissed as me.:issues:

Stangkiller 12-07-2019 8:47am

I got rear ended at a light in the denali a few weeks back. Still fighting with her insurance to get a loaner and get it into a body shop. What a pain in the ass

Good luck getting it fixed!

A/E 12-07-2019 8:58am

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 34062

Better Call Saul

DAB 12-07-2019 9:04am

I power washed my truck in the driveway yesterday

A/E 12-07-2019 9:30am

1 Attachment(s)
Personal Home Grade Pro Powerwasher... :bread::cool2:

Attachment 34068

A/E

bill_daniels 12-07-2019 11:25am

Quote:

Originally Posted by 09CTSV (Post 1689238)
So we had some crappy roads from the weather and our road department decided to sprinkle the area with sand/salt for the rain. I can never figure out what the heck goes thru the persons mind who decides to pre treat or put the salt out.
Anyhow, decided to run the Trackhawk thru the auto wash to clean the bottom side and get the crap off the sides. Went to a brand new Tommy's car wash in Newburgh IN. Drive in, like it because it does not have the side guides which can mess the rims up if not careful. They have a neat set up which is like a big conveyor and pulls the vehicle along in neutral.
All is going well until I get to the rinse section and the machine shuts down, next I fell a bump/bang. I thought it was a brush winding down and bumping the back of the Jeep. After about 4 minutes an employee comes up and asks me to pull up a little bit. I thought a sensor or something was blocked and in order to restart they needed to have me move up. I did and about another two minutes the manager comes up and tells me the person behind had rear ended me and to pull out side to look the truck over for damage, he had told the person behind to do the same thing.
Needless to say I was extremely pissed. When I pulled out and looked at the back of the Hawk, the cover was cracked on the hitch cover and a dent in the lower valance. The idiot who hit me comes out and stumbles around to put his antenna back on and claims he did not hit me. I tell him he can tell the police that and he gets in his Jeep Compass and drives off.
I went back to get the police report and watch the video last night. Amazing this azzhat is even allowed to drive. He was driving thru the car wash instead of putting it in neutral. You can see the employee's running telling him to stop and them shutting the wash down.
I wonder how his insurance company is going to like the claim they will pay to fix my car.

Stay on the police to investigate this hit and run, because if you don't get police corroboration, the other insurance company won't pay, since the other driver won't admit fault and probably will refuse to even talk to the insurance company. They'll deny saying there's no proof, and even if presented with the video, they'll say you can't prove the insured was actually driving the car, so no coverage.

This guy needs to be charged with hit and run and get criminal charges. It's the only way you'll ever recover from his insurance company, assuming he has insurance in the first place.

Millenium Vette 12-07-2019 12:29pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1689384)
Stay on the police to investigate this hit and run, because if you don't get police corroboration, the other insurance company won't pay, since the other driver won't admit fault and probably will refuse to even talk to the insurance company. They'll deny saying there's no proof, and even if presented with the video, they'll say you can't prove the insured was actually driving the car, so no coverage.

This guy needs to be charged with hit and run and get criminal charges. It's the only way you'll ever recover from his insurance company, assuming he has insurance in the first place.

Actually, you likely don't need to bother with any of this. The car wash is responsible for your damage. And much easier to go after, or rather, if they are honest, will just pay to repair if you ask them. It's up to them or their insurance company to go after the other driver if there is liability.

:cert:

6spdC6 12-07-2019 12:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Millenium Vette (Post 1689450)
Actually, you likely don't need to bother with any of this. The car wash is responsible for your damage. And much easier to go after, or rather, if they are honest, will just pay to repair if you ask them. It's up to them or their insurance company to go after the other driver if there is liability.

Based on what I have seen that would be hard to do in my area.

The best thing is to pursue it with the cops and your insurance company will go after both parties. That's what your paying them for! Been there done it!

Aerovette 12-07-2019 2:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6spdC6 (Post 1689457)
Based on what I have seen that would be hard to do in my area.

The best thing is to pursue it with the cops and your insurance company will go after both parties. That's what your paying them for! Been there done it!

I agree. It was not a car wash malfunction, it was an idiot driver malfunction. That being said, private property accidents are the SUCK.

Millenium Vette 12-07-2019 3:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1689522)
I agree. It was not a car wash malfunction, it was an idiot driver malfunction. That being said, private property accidents are the SUCK.

Doesn't matter. The car wash is responsible for returning your car to you undamaged. They carry insurance for these types of things. They may not volunteer that fact or even deny it. Sometimes you have to be a prick to get them to pay. Ask me how I know.......

sublime1996525 12-07-2019 3:36pm

That sucks man. Hopefully you can get things resolved. Stangkiller - why wouldn’t you just use your insurance to get the rental and get your car in the shop and let them go after her?

snide 12-07-2019 3:43pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Millenium Vette (Post 1689534)
Doesn't matter. The car wash is responsible for returning your car to you undamaged. They carry insurance for these types of things. They may not volunteer that fact or even deny it. Sometimes you have to be a prick to get them to pay. Ask me how I know.......

Yes, we know how much of a prick you are. :yesnod: :leaving:

09CTSV 12-07-2019 4:44pm

Update:
The sheriff called last night. They identified the driver of the other vehicle. He again was reluctant to admit he hit my until confronted with the video. All of the information is on the police report with their insurance information. I'll be contacting mine on Monday and pursuing them paying for the repairs. I've priced the panels and they are over $500, not sure if there is damage under the bumper cover or not.

I asked about the car wash covering the repairs and seeing as it was not an equipment malfunction but a deliberate act of the other driver not putting the vehicle in neutral and in fact accelerating on the lane, their insurance will cover the repairs. It was an older man who probably should not have been driving from the way he scooted around the car. His wife was scrunched down in the seat trying to keep from being seen.
Everyone at the wash can attest it was him driving the vehicle so no trying to squirm out of it that way.

Millenium Vette 12-07-2019 9:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1689543)
Yes, we know how much of a prick you are. :yesnod: :leaving:

Don't worry, I'll never be on your level.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 09CTSV (Post 1689554)
Update:
The sheriff called last night. They identified the driver of the other vehicle. He again was reluctant to admit he hit my until confronted with the video. All of the information is on the police report with their insurance information. I'll be contacting mine on Monday and pursuing them paying for the repairs. I've priced the panels and they are over $500, not sure if there is damage under the bumper cover or not.

I asked about the car wash covering the repairs and seeing as it was not an equipment malfunction but a deliberate act of the other driver not putting the vehicle in neutral and in fact accelerating on the lane, their insurance will cover the repairs. It was an older man who probably should not have been driving from the way he scooted around the car. His wife was scrunched down in the seat trying to keep from being seen.
Everyone at the wash can attest it was him driving the vehicle so no trying to squirm out of it that way.

Who did you ask about the car wash covering the repairs? I doubt it makes much difference legally whether it was a carwash malfunction or not. At least ask your insurance who is the easiest to go after. Don't be surprised if nobody wants to pay.

09CTSV 12-08-2019 7:12am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Millenium Vette (Post 1689671)
Don't worry, I'll never be on your level.

Who did you ask about the car wash covering the repairs? I doubt it makes much difference legally whether it was a carwash malfunction or not. At least ask your insurance who is the easiest to go after. Don't be surprised if nobody wants to pay.

I foresee the fight in the future with both of the individuals. Judging from the video you can see the car wash trying to do the right thing. They attempted to get the idiot to stop and tripped off the car wash trying to get him to stop. All of this did not work and the jerk can be seen hitting my car and then backing up like nothing happened. He even went so far as to claim he didn't hit my car, says a lot about his lack of integrity. Pretty common for attitude of this whole area.
I'll start the fight on Monday with my insurance agent and go from there. I'll stop by the body shop and get the estimate as well, get a copy of the police report, find a good lawyer if needed and settle with both of the responsible parties.

A/E 12-08-2019 7:57am

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 34125

We got the hit and run on film.

You're suffering from this incident, now what we need is,,, More Pain...

You know, those foam neck collars are comfortable and act like a turtle neck to keep the draft out of your shirt...

We'll get a feeler out to this blatant hit and run driver's insurance company and make full well our intention to push for his maximum coverage limit on the policy...

We'll also take a peek a boo into this road hazard's net worth to see if we can extract funds there above and beyond the insurance companies.