The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   PSA: Adam's Polishes now making hand sanitizer, household cleaners, etc. (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122157)

LilRedCorvette 03-31-2020 7:14pm

PSA: Adam's Polishes now making hand sanitizer, household cleaners, etc.

1 Attachment(s)
Just FYI, in case anyone needs anything they cannot find locally. :cert:

https://adamspolishes.com/collections/new-just-in

JRD77VET 03-31-2020 7:47pm

1 Attachment(s)
Local company makes major league baseball uniforms. they are now making masks and protective gowns for the hospital folks.

they'll start out wearing pinstripes as that was the material they had on hand :cool1:

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...gowns/2342288/

LilRedCorvette 03-31-2020 7:51pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRD77VET (Post 1748217)
Local company makes major league baseball uniforms. they are now making masks and protective gowns for the hospital folks.

they'll start out wearing pinstripes as that was the material they had on hand :cool1:

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...gowns/2342288/

That really is :cool: :yesnod: :seasix:

MrPeabody 03-31-2020 7:52pm

I went to their website to purchase some hand sanitizer and they said leave a message and they will contact me later.

LilRedCorvette 03-31-2020 7:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPeabody (Post 1748222)
I went to their website to purchase some hand sanitizer and they said leave a message and they will contact me later.

Hmmm, I wonder if they sold out already and need to produce more...I <just> got their email blast advertising these products not that long ago :willy:

MrPeabody 03-31-2020 8:00pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilRedCorvette (Post 1748224)
Hmmm, I wonder if they sold out already and need to produce more...I <just> got their email blast advertising these products not that long ago :willy:

Where are they located? It may just be after hours for them. Or possibly they are vetting purchasers to make sure they have not already purchased their limit. I'm not out of mine, I just thought I would support a car products company who is doing something good.:seasix:

Bill 03-31-2020 8:03pm

I think some of this kind of thing will become future collector's items.

LilRedCorvette 03-31-2020 8:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPeabody (Post 1748227)
Where are they located? It may just be after hours for them. Or possibly they are vetting purchasers to make sure they have not already purchased their limit. I'm not out of mine, I just thought I would support a car products company who is doing something good.:seasix:

They're located in Colorado. I'm not out of mine yet either, but will be sooner rather than later...order placed :seasix: there is none to be found locally, plus I got some detailing supplies I needed as well.

simpleman68 04-01-2020 10:08am

Met the owner of Adams years ago at a car show. Very nice and genuine guy as were all his staff in attendance. :cert:

Nice to see people stepping up to help where they can.

Wife and I have told all our tenants April rent is free and we'll revisit in May.
Scott

MrPeabody 04-01-2020 4:32pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilRedCorvette (Post 1748238)
They're located in Colorado. I'm not out of mine yet either, but will be sooner rather than later...order placed :seasix: there is none to be found locally, plus I got some detailing supplies I needed as well.

They emailed me and I was able to buy some.:seasix:

snide 04-01-2020 4:36pm

I was able to place an order. Wonder how long it will take to arrive. :shrug:

StaticCling 04-01-2020 4:51pm

I bought 4 of the bigger bottles of Hand Sanitizer this afternoon. 5 to 7 business days before they ship. They only allow you to order 4 to prevent the hoopleheads from hoarding. I also bought a clay bar kit, I have time to detail the Mustang on the weekends...Ain't goin anywhere. :island14:

carlton_fritz 04-01-2020 4:52pm

Nurse friend just said this morning they found out that hand sanitizers do not work.

StaticCling 04-01-2020 5:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlton_fritz (Post 1748441)
Nurse friend just said this morning they found out that hand sanitizers do not work.

That could very well be the case. Apparently this thing is surrounded by some time of greasy protein and the only thing that "kills" it is soap...it breaks down the lipids or something.

99 pewtercoupe 04-01-2020 5:25pm

The thing about hand sanitizers is that your hands have to be “clean” for them to be effective. If your hands are dirty, greasy, etc the efficiency of sanitizers are greatly diminished. Washing with soap for at least 20 seconds is your friend.

MrPeabody 04-01-2020 5:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlton_fritz (Post 1748441)

I'm married to my "nurse friend" and she says the main thing is hand sanitizers shouldn't be the only way you clean your hands. The other ingredients besides alcohol in most sanitizers, such as lanolin, etc. will build up and prevent the sanitizer from cleaning your hands eventually. Proper hand washing is always best. Just think of sanitizer as being better than nothing when you are somewhere where soap and warm water is not available.

78SA 04-01-2020 5:38pm

I just "bump" into someone and wipe my hands on their shirt when I leave the bathroom.

Bill 04-01-2020 5:51pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPeabody (Post 1748459)
I'm married to my "nurse friend" and she says the main thing is hand sanitizers shouldn't be the only way you clean your hands. The other ingredients besides alcohol in most sanitizers, such as lanolin, etc. will build up and prevent the sanitizer from cleaning your hands eventually. Proper hand washing is always best. Just think of sanitizer as being better than nothing when you are somewhere where soap and warm water is not available.

Better not let your wife find out about that, or there will be trouble.

:ohnoes:

:hide:

:leaving:

JRD77VET 04-01-2020 6:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by simpleman68 (Post 1748307)
Met the owner of Adams years ago at a car show. Very nice and genuine guy as were all his staff in attendance. :cert:

Nice to see people stepping up to help where they can.

Wife and I have told all our tenants April rent is free and we'll revisit in May.
Scott

That is extremely generous and thoughtful of both of you to be able to do that. :toast:

dvarapala 04-01-2020 6:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPeabody (Post 1748459)
The other ingredients besides alcohol in most sanitizers, such as lanolin, etc. will build up and prevent the sanitizer from cleaning your hands eventually. Proper hand washing is always best. Just think of sanitizer as being better than nothing when you are somewhere where soap and warm water is not available.

I was at the grocery store yesterday and the cashiers are all required to rub sanitizer on their hands after every customer. My cashier said her hands were about to fall off. :crazy: