The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Why were you banned? (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5214)

BAT 01-10-2011 4:21pm

Why were you banned?

After being here for a day, I am noticing a theme......... :lolsmile: That being said, what is the reason for your ban? Since it can't be asked over there and I was always curious as to why some members got the hammer, lets hear it.

FWIW, I'm not banned (yet) :coffee:

lander 01-10-2011 4:23pm

I earned a one day ban from Tact for using a pic with Liz in it as my avatar shortly after she was banned. He reversed that a few minutes after informing me of the ban, but by then it was too late. I requested a permaban, and he obliged. :thumbs:

1911fool 01-10-2011 4:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by lander (Post 68544)
I earned a one day ban from Tact for using a pic with Liz in it as my avatar shortly after she was banned. He reversed that a few minutes after informing me of the ban, but by then it was too late. I requested a permaban, and he obliged. :thumbs:

:iagree:

NB2K 01-10-2011 4:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by lander (Post 68544)

WTH is Tact?

And yeah, that woulda done it for me, too.

"Now, lil' Lander, you need to take a timeout!"

Lander, "Seeya":lol:

lander 01-10-2011 4:27pm

Oh yeah...I get to "blame" 1911fool...I stole the avatar he was using. :D

Tact is Fred...a Mod...IIRC he had the 3 Stooges avatar?

Dan-O 01-10-2011 4:28pm

...I said "GOSH".

.....No, not really, I didn't get banned, but am really sick of the PC. Pettiness and imaginary drama.

...Banning Liz did it for me. :beat:

jaxgator 01-10-2011 4:29pm

Wasn't banned myself but might as well be as this is my new hangout. :thumbs:

Datawiz 01-10-2011 4:30pm

Never been banned.

longhorn341 01-10-2011 4:30pm

I'm not banned, but I haven't posted over there for the last week or so by choice. I couldn't believe how they handled the situation with Liz and besides, this place is actually fun. :beer:

lander 01-10-2011 4:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by NB2K (Post 68560)
WTH is Tact?

And yeah, that woulda done it for me, too.

"Now, lil' Lander, you need to take a timeout!"

Lander, "Seeya":lol:

I posted this in that long ass thread...but this was my reply after being told of the ban:

Quote:

Fred,

After reading Jesse's "reason" for banning Liz, which has been posted on another forum, I have no desire to return to CF, so please, go ahead and perma my account as well.

It's quite clear that there are moderators of CF that have let personal politics interfere with proper moderation of the forums. It was always just under the surface to me because I wasn't aware, nor really cared, about the interactions of prior members of CF. However, the banning of Liz today, even before I heard Paul Harvey's "the rest of the story", was ridiculous given her interactions on the forum. I think now it's crystal clear that there was a personal vendetta in action here, and patience was Jesse's tool of choice. He has finally decided to act and seek his vengeance against Iron Chef in a manner that I totally disagree with.

It's unfortunate that others will support Jesse in his actions, but perhaps those of you aren't aware of all things either, just like the sheep that remain on CF.

I appreciate your time, never had any beef with you, so nothing personal.

Dave

Montehall 01-10-2011 4:30pm

not banned yet.
I did take a 3-month Hiatus back in '06 though.

Truck Guy 01-10-2011 4:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaxgator (Post 68575)

What jaxgator said.

Chris Fowler 01-10-2011 4:30pm

Not banned...but I might be as soon as I hit my 10 year next month.:angel:

Datawiz 01-10-2011 4:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan-O (Post 68574)
...Banning Liz did it for me. :beat:

Me too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaxgator (Post 68575)

Same here. :cheers:

BAT 01-10-2011 4:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by lander (Post 68578)
I posted this in that long ass thread...but this was my reply after being told of the ban:

But you're a punk ass'd bitch anyway so..... :kick:

I saw very similar things on an Avalanche site I used to be a part of. A few members created a spin off site and it did well for a while. A lot of the same BS.

81. 01-10-2011 4:35pm

because Maj Z06 is a douche

Blademaker 01-10-2011 4:38pm

Not banned yet :D

If I ever get banned from CF, I promise it'll be in a blaze of glory....

lander 01-10-2011 4:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAT (Post 68598)
But you're a punk ass'd bitch anyway so..... :kick:

I saw very similar things on an Avalanche site I used to be a part of. A few members created a spin off site and it did well for a while. A lot of the same BS.

:blabla:

:D

Sleestak 01-10-2011 4:44pm

Never banned. Never even dropped below 100% during the % days. :angel:

themonk 01-10-2011 4:45pm

Because I called a cop an asshole and I replied to a PM sent by one of the idiot mods that I consider putting down Canada and Canadians a personal attack, apparently that sort of response is frowned upon so he gave me another 5 months on top of the 1.