The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Wifey on plane to Assville, to pick up Elvis, BUT,,, (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137294)

Onebadcad 04-10-2024 12:21pm

Wifey on plane to Assville, to pick up Elvis, BUT,,,

,,, she told me to clean up the house before she gets back tomorrow.

WTF does that mean, I am unsure, do I hire a cleaning service, or leave my clothes on the island stools.

Biggest mess is Ringo's and Dolly's toys strewn all over, adds character to our abode.

Need some sage wisdom here,,,

Swany00 04-10-2024 12:28pm

less typing more cleaning

Anjdog2003 04-10-2024 12:29pm

Put your apron on and stfu

Joey777 04-10-2024 12:30pm

It’s a trap! If you clean the joint up, that tells her that she is really not needed around there. Leave a mess and let her know how much you need and appreciate her. Report back tomorrow on how well this worked!

vettemed 04-10-2024 12:33pm

Pressure wash the whole interior. It'll be like-new.

Onebadcad 04-10-2024 12:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey777 (Post 2244610)
It’s a trap! If you clean the joint up, that tells her that she is really not needed around there. Leave a mess and let her know how much you need and appreciate her. Report back tomorrow on how well this worked!

EFFING NUGGET!!:cert:

Big bob 04-10-2024 12:36pm

Since I believe she is bringing home a puppy I would take this as spread newspaper in all effected areas. :leaving:

Onebadcad 04-10-2024 12:37pm

I am thinking the place is clean enough, much cleaner than most.

So tonight, pizza and chicken wings for me and Ringo and Dolly, and then invite the neighbor over for a few drams and pilsners!!

When she comes home I will just blame the doggies!!

Onebadcad 04-10-2024 12:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big bob (Post 2244614)
Since I believe she is bringing home a puppy I would take this as spread newspaper in all effected areas. :leaving:

Yet ANOTHER nugget, thanks Biggie--good to have you back, you were missed!!

dvarapala 04-10-2024 1:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onebadcad (Post 2244603)

WTF does that mean, I am unsure, do I hire a cleaning service, or leave my clothes on the island stools.

Call The Gal. :yesnod:

DJ_Critterus 04-10-2024 2:17pm

:willy: If you clean the house, she'll know you can actually do it and expect you to do just that more and more often. I say throw a raging kegger, trash the place, and keep all suspicion of your possible competence out of her mind.

Onebadcad 04-10-2024 2:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ_Critterus (Post 2244699)
:willy: If you clean the house, she'll know you can actually do it and expect you to do just that more and more often. I say throw a raging kegger, trash the place, and keep all suspicion of your possible competence out of her mind.

EFFING ANOTHER NUGGET, she is setting me up BIG TIME!!
If she comes back to clean house, I got me three new issues:

1) She gets spoiled
2) She knows I been sandbagging
3) I am screwed for the rest of our marriage

Aerovette 04-10-2024 2:29pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onebadcad (Post 2244603)

Biggest mess is Ringo's and Dolly's toys strewn all over, adds character to our abode.

She does NOT want you to clean the house. She wants you to WANT to clean the house.

That is totally different. Tell her you really wanted it to be pristine and you looked forward to making her happy, but you got up ready to get started and you had a massive headache and had to lay down. You REALLY wanted to have it all taken care of, but it was just out of the question.

roadpilot 04-10-2024 2:33pm

Advice...get a toy box.

Onebadcad 04-10-2024 2:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aerovette (Post 2244720)
She does NOT want you to clean the house. She wants you to WANT to clean the house.

That is totally different. Tell her you really wanted it to be pristine and you looked forward to making her happy, but you got up ready to get started and you had a massive headache and had to lay down. You REALLY wanted to have it all taken care of, but it was just out of the question.

Been married 33+ years, I do not really WANT to do anything I have not done prior to now.
I ask for very little in return, other than to tend to my Ringo and my Dolly!!

Onebadcad 04-10-2024 2:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadpilot (Post 2244723)
Advice...get a toy box.

Already have one,,,

Onebadcad 04-10-2024 2:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Baron (Post 2244732)
Show her that you spent your time apart thinking about her. You went to the trouble of finding just the right cleaning schedule for her. Print off several copies, and tell her to make a check mark next to every chore she completes to make sure she didn't miss anything.

BEST SUPERIOR TOP-TIER NUGGET YET!!
Best advice yet, not sure why I did not go straight to you with a PM.
How long have you enjoyed marital bliss RB,,, 40 years, 50 years??

The_Dude 04-10-2024 3:48pm

You should be able to find young women on craigslist willing to clean your house :yesnod:

zeek 04-10-2024 3:53pm

Drink all the beer and alcohol in the house. Be sure to throw all the empties in the outside trash can. Then tell her what a great job you did emptying the fridge and taking out the garbage....:D

dvarapala 04-10-2024 4:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeek (Post 2244771)
Drink all the beer and alcohol in the house. Be sure to throw all the empties in the outside trash can. Then tell her what a great job you did emptying the fridge and taking out the garbage....:D

Did you hack into my security cameras or something? :toetap: