The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Substantial Quake in SOCAL (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119701)

chinaski 07-04-2019 12:09pm

Substantial Quake in SOCAL
 
Prelim is 6.6 in Ridgecrest (Kern County)

Felt pretty good in Northridge (LA County). Got a vid on my Twitter, scottburtknx. I don't know how to link Twitter here.

More of a roller, but long duration. Good Times. :ohnoes:

Y2Kvert4me 07-04-2019 12:15pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinaski (Post 1675351)
Got a vid on my Twitter, scottburtknx. I don't know how to link Twitter here.

Copy link of twitter post... paste it here.



ZipZap 07-04-2019 12:59pm

Probably the longest I've felt. Good twenty seconds.

snide 07-04-2019 1:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZipZap (Post 1675362)
Probably the longest I've felt. Good twenty seconds.

That's what she said.

ZipZap 07-04-2019 1:13pm

They just showed video of a liquor store in Ridgecrest. Oh the humanity!:sadangel:

MrPeabody 07-04-2019 1:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZipZap (Post 1675366)
They just showed video of a liquor store in Ridgecrest. Oh the humanity!:sadangel:

Looks like Stangkiller's house Sunday morning after the party.:leaving:

NEED-A-VETTE 07-04-2019 1:29pm

3 Attachment(s)
Felt it pretty strong here. Small waves at first. I was like...is that an earthquake? Yep...thatís an earthquake. :funny:

Even 30 seconds after the shaking stopped, my chandelier was still swinging pretty good. :funny:

Lots of aftershocks.

Attachment 28404

Attachment 28405

Attachment 28406

chinaski 07-04-2019 1:41pm

Sam dog started whining about 5 minutes before the quake. Not until after it happened, did I realize he knew something was up. :yesnod:

NEED-A-VETTE 07-04-2019 1:54pm

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinaski (Post 1675370)
Sam dog started whining about 5 minutes before the quake. Not until after it happened, did I realize he knew something was up. :yesnod:

The cats here were slightly annoyed. Then they went back to napping in the sun. :funny:

Those first waves were strange. Not super strong...to the point I wasnít even sure it was an earthquake. Then they got stronger. :ohnoes:

USGS shows that it measured about 3.5 by the time the waves got to Granada Hills/Porter Ranch. So, not too bad.

Attachment 28407

Attachment 28408

MrPeabody 07-04-2019 1:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinaski (Post 1675370)
Sam dog started whining about 5 minutes before the quake. Not until after it happened, did I realize he knew something was up. :yesnod:

I was about ten miles from the 7.0 Loma Prieta quake in northern California in '89. My room mate at the time swears the fish in his aquarium were acting very strange for a day or so beforehand.

boracayjohnny 07-04-2019 2:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEED-A-VETTE (Post 1675372)
The cats here were slightly annoyed. Then they went back to napping in the sun. :funny:

Those first waves were strange. Not super strong...to the point I wasnít even sure it was an earthquake. Then they got stronger. :ohnoes:

USGS shows that it measured about 3.5 by the time the waves got to Granada Hills/Porter Ranch. So, not too bad.

Attachment 28407

Attachment 28408

Yep, "What's that" and then oh yea...

The wife got big eyed. :omg:

Jeff '79 07-04-2019 2:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZipZap (Post 1675366)
They just showed video of a liquor store in Ridgecrest. Oh the humanity!:sadangel:

:rofl:
:rofl:
Hopefully that's it for a few years.
Glad you're all ok.

chinaski 07-04-2019 2:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracayjohnny (Post 1675376)
Yep, "What's that" and then oh yea...

The wife got big eyed. :omg:

At first I didn't think anything of it. Big truck driving by or something. What really caught my attention was the duration, then it got stronger. And I was like, Oh ****, this might be a big one. :ohnoes:

69camfrk 07-04-2019 3:14pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracayjohnny (Post 1675376)
Yep, "What's that" and then oh yea...

The wife got big eyed. :omg:

I was out at the bars drinking in Okinawa, and there was a 4. something one that happened. Folks told me about it when I got back to the building. Evidently I missed it..:datawiz:

boracayjohnny 07-04-2019 5:43pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69camfrk (Post 1675381)
I was out at the bars drinking in Okinawa, and there was a 4. something one that happened. Folks told me about it when I got back to the building. Evidently I missed it..:datawiz:

:Jeff '79:

I do remember violating bushes on the way back to the barracks. We'd fall on 'em or pee on 'em.

carlton_fritz 07-04-2019 7:10pm

Not sure I could sleep tonight if I lived in that area.

Mike Mercury 07-04-2019 7:18pm

https://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/map/

JRD77VET 07-04-2019 7:38pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by chinaski (Post 1675351)
Prelim is 6.6 in Ridgecrest (Kern County)

Felt pretty good in Northridge (LA County). Got a vid on my Twitter, scottburtknx. I don't know how to link Twitter here.

More of a roller, but long duration. Good Times. :ohnoes:

That looked exhilarating :eek:

A 5.8 hit in Virginia on August 11, 2011 and we felt that in my area of PA. ( south of Allentown)

I was running one of the CNC lathes while standing on an anti fatigue mat and "something felt funny". Found out later it was the earthquake. The "damage" at work was a pile of skids fell over :lol:

NEED-A-VETTE 07-04-2019 7:44pm

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by carlton_fritz (Post 1675397)
Not sure I could sleep tonight if I lived in that area.

Attachment 28413

chinaski 07-04-2019 7:56pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlton_fritz (Post 1675397)
Not sure I could sleep tonight if I lived in that area.

Earthquakes don't make me lose sleep...

The walking dead however, do. Just a little bit. Sandy and Johnny know what I mean. :yesnod:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 7:37am.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2009 - 2019 The Vette Barn