The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   My beautiful Hanna (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125484)

SnikPlosskin 04-12-2021 6:49pm

My beautiful Hanna

1 Attachment(s)
She is not long for this world. Her spinal cord is degenerating at a fast pace. I took this shot of her yesterday.

Giraffe (He/Him) 04-12-2021 6:51pm

:sadangel::sadangel::sadangel::sadangel::sadangel::sadangel:

I HATE when the end is coming soon and you know it. All you can do is make her comfortable and spoil the shit out of her.

99 pewtercoupe 04-12-2021 6:53pm

Beautiful dog. :sadangel:

Loco Vette 04-12-2021 6:53pm

:sadangel::sadangel::sadangel:

JRD77VET 04-12-2021 7:05pm

Sorry to hear Snik. :cry:

I know you'll do what's best when the time comes but it's heartbreaking each and every time.

Datawiz 04-12-2021 7:15pm

Good doggos are good. Enjoy and remember the great times. She made you a better person. :yesnod:

Dan47 04-12-2021 7:54pm

:sadangel:

snide 04-12-2021 8:06pm

:sadangel: So sorry Pete. Hanna is such a beautiful girl. :angel:

Rikki Z-06 04-12-2021 8:29pm

Sorry man.

VITE1 04-12-2021 8:30pm

RMVette 04-12-2021 9:02pm

69camfrk 04-12-2021 9:19pm

Losing your dog is the worst man. Sorry to hear.:sadangel:

NotSlo 04-12-2021 9:30pm

She is stunning, so sorry

simpleman68 04-12-2021 11:36pm

Sorry to hear about her, Pete. :sadangel:
Doesn't seem that long a time you've had her.
Scott

dvarapala 04-13-2021 12:02am

JetMechZ16 04-13-2021 6:54am

Baron, my 125lbs body builder shepherd. That's what a friend of mine called him. Went the same way. At the end I had to carry him everywhere or he'd drag his back legs bloody. I knew it was coming but I was avoiding it. 911 happened and I had to deploy, which meant I had to put him down, no one else could carry him and I'd be away a longtime. When we took him the whole family held him as he slipped away. Even the vet had tears in her eyes. There are still tears in my eyes.

I'm so sorry for what you'll be going through. :sadangel:

BayouCountry 04-13-2021 7:29am

Sorry to hear this about your friend.

NEED-A-VETTE 04-13-2021 8:08am

04 commemorative 04-13-2021 8:43am

Very sorry man..:sadangel::sadangel::sadangel:

Torqaholic 04-13-2021 9:22am

Not easier when it's sudden. My King Shepherd (Jet) died young from cancer. They are beauties though.

SnikPlosskin 04-13-2021 10:10am

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetMechZ16 (Post 1873180)
Baron, my 125lbs body builder shepherd. That's what a friend of mine called him. Went the same way. At the end I had to carry him everywhere or he'd drag his back legs bloody. I knew it was coming but I was avoiding it. 911 happened and I had to deploy, which meant I had to put him down, no one else could carry him and I'd be away a longtime. When we took him the whole family held him as he slipped away. Even the vet had tears in her eyes. There are still tears in my eyes.

I'm so sorry for what you'll be going through. :sadangel:

Thanks, y'all. Nobody even mentioned the damn good photo :)

She is number 9. She holds the longest life record of all our GSD's. Overall she has been healthy and happy. She is one of the most loving dogs I've ever seen (my first and only female) - at the same time, fierce as ****.

She is thin but has a long coat with a black undercoat. So when she is fired up, she expands to about twice her size. And she isn't bluffing.

Shadow outweighs her by 50 lbs easy. She brutalizes him sometimes to the point where I hold her back when tossing the ball for them both. She will bite his front legs out from under him, roll him over and take the toy out of his mouth - at full gait.

When Shadow isn't bringing the toy back (10%)- I release her like a black missile and she chases his ass down and brings it right to me 100% of the time. She sees her coming and drops the toy and runs away. :rofl:

Intelligent, loyal, consistent - she is everything a GSD should be. She is quite a head turner out in public and luckily loves people. She is probably the snuggliest dog I've ever had (our GSD's might snuggle for 3 minutes - then they are like "WTF?" and they move back to the edge of the room staring at you.)

Her biggest flaw from the breed standard is she has zero idea what "aloof" means. She flops on her back for anyone she meets. Like the Vice President. :seasix:

Of course, we'll do the right thing. We lost Django to this terrible disease at age 10. I'm always with them right to the last breath whispering in their ear how they are OK and I'm here. Always in my arms when they pass.

Vandelay Industries 04-13-2021 10:12am

Beautiful girl...so sorry. :sadangel:

SnikPlosskin 04-13-2021 10:12am

1 Attachment(s)
The drive home from the breeder - 11 years ago.

SnikPlosskin 04-13-2021 10:14am

1 Attachment(s)
First hour home

JetMechZ16 04-13-2021 10:19am

She is beautiful. The pics look great, probably can't take a bad pic of her. :seasix:

Giraffe (He/Him) 04-13-2021 10:21am

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SnikPlosskin (Post 1873246)

It is a damn good photo. :cert:
You got some noise, probably an older camera? Check this out full screen, specifically the background.

Steve_R 04-13-2021 10:36am

Beautiful dog. It's never easy losing one. :sadangel:

Black94lt1 04-13-2021 4:05pm

So sorry to hear, cherish the memories and the time remaining

SnikPlosskin 04-13-2021 6:56pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThomasTheGiraffe (Post 1873256)
It is a damn good photo. :cert:
You got some noise, probably an older camera? Check this out full screen, specifically the background.

Yes, it’s an old TI3

All my good equipment is gone.

73sbVert 04-13-2021 6:59pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnikPlosskin (Post 1873246)

She is number 9. She holds the longest life record of all our GSD's. Overall she has been healthy and happy. She is one of the most loving dogs I've ever seen (my first and only female) - at the same time, fierce as ****.

She is thin but has a long coat with a black undercoat. So when she is fired up, she expands to about twice her size. And she isn't bluffing.

Shadow outweighs her by 50 lbs easy. She brutalizes him sometimes to the point where I hold her back when tossing the ball for them both. She will bite his front legs out from under him, roll him over and take the toy out of his mouth - at full gait.

When Shadow isn't bringing the toy back (10%)- I release her like a black missile and she chases his ass down and brings it right to me 100% of the time. She sees her coming and drops the toy and runs away. :rofl:

Intelligent, loyal, consistent - she is everything a GSD should be. She is quite a head turner out in public and luckily loves people. She is probably the snuggliest dog I've ever had (our GSD's might snuggle for 3 minutes - then they are like "WTF?" and they move back to the edge of the room staring at you.)

Her biggest flaw from the breed standard is she has zero idea what "aloof" means. She flops on her back for anyone she meets. Like the Vice President. :seasix:

Of course, we'll do the right thing. We lost Django to this terrible disease at age 10. I'm always with them right to the last breath whispering in their ear how they are OK and I'm here. Always in my arms when they pass.

Got somethin in my eye, brb

So sorry Pete. :(

ZipZap 04-13-2021 7:09pm

Pete - So sad to see this. She's a beautiful dog and I'm sure you and your family gave her the best life possible. Hoping that y'all can get through this and then help another pup live the life that you afforded for Hannah.

Vet4jdc 04-13-2021 7:25pm

Gorgeous GSD. Sorry to hear the news about her. :sadangel::sadangel::sadangel:

We just learned two weeks ago that our 12 year old Sheltie has bladder cancer. He probably has 3-5 months realistically.

LisaJohn 04-13-2021 7:28pm

I’m so sorry about Hanna.:sadangel:

LisaJohn 04-13-2021 7:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vet4jdc (Post 1873409)

We just learned two weeks ago that our 12 year old Sheltie has bladder cancer. He probably has 3-5 months realistically.

I had a JRT that had bladder cancer. She made it about 9 months after diagnosis.

Dan Dlabay 04-13-2021 7:43pm

Sorry to hear this. I know how a animal is part of the family.:sadangel:

SnikPlosskin 04-13-2021 9:44pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vet4jdc (Post 1873409)

Sorry to hear. I see it this way. It’s what I signed up for. GSDs are incredible dogs. But they don’t live long.

We are deciding if we want to get a puppy. It’s like having a damn baby. No more American breed lines. We will he importing our GSDs from Germany.

She has been relatively healthy but overall the American lines have lots of issues. We have lost a lot of dogs to genetics. All American show line.

German dogs are working line. Breeding is controlled by the State. The result is large, healthy and ready to get to work.

Ronins2ndCuzzin 04-14-2021 8:09am

1 Attachment(s)
Feel your pain brother. My Belgian Mal doesn't have much more time left. His mobility and his hips are starting to go away fast. He's 17 years old now. Prior USAF dog. I will be inconsolable when I have to put him down.