The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   I’m in trouble (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123566)

SnikPlosskin 09-06-2020 11:59am

I’m in trouble

About two years ago I had six inches of small bowel cut out. (Possibly yanked out). Due to some butchery, I have had three corrective surgeries since. For the last six months I’ve had bad abdominal pain which I thought was just my illness going nuts. Mostly abdominal pressure.

Turns out my bladder isn’t emptying. Now my kidneys are in stage 1 failure. Waiting for surgery scheduler trying to avoid ER. Believe it or not, it’s an outpatient thing but comes with four days of brutal recovery with Foley catheter.

I’ll go to the ER if I have to, but that is what precipated the living hell I went through last time. I don’t want a general surgeon anywhere near me.

I’m stable for now. My kidneys are hurting. I don’t know when they will schedule so my life is on hold. I had to postpone my chemo on Wednesday. I’m also anemic so I was going to get iron infusion too. Now I don’t know when.

Wife is terrified but not as much as me.

Just whining. at the same time, I’m ready to do anything to lose this pain. After six months of 24/7 it is wearing me down.

Pisses me off (pun not intended) that none of my doctors caught this sooner. They get too focused on the primary disease state. This is how a lot of people with chronic illness die.

I bet I won’t though. :cert:

The_Dude 09-06-2020 1:07pm

Good luck Pete.

Rikki Z-06 09-06-2020 1:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Dude (Post 1803068)
Good luck Pete.

:withstupid:

SnikPlosskin 09-06-2020 1:29pm

It never ends!

NEED-A-VETTE 09-06-2020 1:37pm

Good luck!

Eat some raw spinach and other high iron foods in the meantime. Not sure what is best or what you can tolerate with chronic illnesses? It’s not going to be as effective as your iron transfusion, but it may help a little. (I’m also chronically anemic related to my celiac disease.)

Dan Dlabay 09-06-2020 2:21pm

Hope everything turns out ok. Will keep you in our prayers and may God bless you and make you well.:angel:

lspencer534 09-06-2020 3:10pm

Bless you, old friend. I'm praying for you. :seasix:

ThePirate 09-06-2020 3:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan Dlabay (Post 1803090)
Hope everything turns out ok. Will keep you in our prayers and may God bless you and make you well.:angel:

:iagree: God bless you.

snide 09-06-2020 4:07pm

Best wishes Pete. You'll get through this. :angel:

BTW, got anything good to sell? :bigears: :leaving:

SnikPlosskin 09-06-2020 4:11pm

Can’t tell you how much I appreciate you guys. Even that one guy.

Somehow I need to maintain for a few more days. Hoping I get scheduling info Tuesday and can get in this week. With my luck I have a sinking feeling that’s not gonna happen. Trying to stay positive but to be honest, this is just too much. I also found out I have some sort of tumor on my liver. MRI was done and it’s “inconclusive”. I have to get another with different dye.

If I end up with another chronic condition or more surgeries, I’m not sure I can keep going. I’m so tired.

It’s like my body is failing in multiple places. Much like my Ford Explorer. We sold it after the transmission blew to a Mexican dude.

Maybe my wife can get A few pesos out of my carcass.

Steve_R 09-06-2020 4:17pm

Hmmm...let’s see, in the last 6 weeks I’ve had surgery for Crohn’s where they removed sections in two different places. That’s the second Crohn’s surgery since it was diagnosed 40 years ago. In the last 6 weeks I’ve also had kidney surgery - twice, a week apart. Yeah, it sucked big time. Unlike you I refuse to let it rule and ruin my life. Man up and take charge of your care. Or not. It’s up to you, nobody else.

Sea Six 09-06-2020 4:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnikPlosskin (Post 1803025)
About two years ago I had six inches of small bowel cut out. (Possibly yanked out). Due to some butchery, I have had three corrective surgeries since. For the last six months I’ve had bad abdominal pain which I thought was just my illness going nuts. Mostly abdominal pressure.

Turns out my bladder isn’t emptying. Now my kidneys are in stage 1 failure. Waiting for surgery scheduler trying to avoid ER. Believe it or not, it’s an outpatient thing but comes with four days of brutal recovery with Foley catheter.

I’ll go to the ER if I have to, but that is what precipated the living hell I went through last time. I don’t want a general surgeon anywhere near me.

I’m stable for now. My kidneys are hurting. I don’t know when they will schedule so my life is on hold. I had to postpone my chemo on Wednesday. I’m also anemic so I was going to get iron infusion too. Now I don’t know when.

Just whining. at the same time, I’m ready to do anything to lose this pain. After six months of 24/7 it is wearing me down.

Pisses me off (pun not intended) that none of my doctors caught this sooner. They get too focused on the primary disease state. This is how a lot of people with chronic illness die.

Pete, get some quotes. If you can rustle up all the parts and materials, I'll do it for 50% off.

Oh, and during the month of September, we're doing a special on replacement kidneys... your second kidney is free.

:)

:thumbs:

SnikPlosskin 09-06-2020 4:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_R (Post 1803143)
Hmmm...let’s see, in the last 6 weeks I’ve had surgery for Crohn’s where they removed sections in two different places. That’s the second Crohn’s surgery since it was diagnosed 40 years ago. In the last 6 weeks I’ve also had kidney surgery - twice, a week apart. Yeah, it sucked big time. Unlike you I refuse to let it rule and ruin my life. Man up and take charge of your care. Or not. It’s up to you, nobody else.

Sorry to hear. This will be my fifth in two years. Are you on remicade or other biological? What went on with kidneys?

Why do you assume I let it rule my life? I work full time running my own company, perform and record music and never let it hold me back. Sometimes it gets me down. Don’t bullshit me as if you are superhuman. Perhaps your disease isn’t as advanced as mine. I would think you might be more supportive since you have some understanding.

Also why assume I’m not in charge of my care? What a dick post. I’m a fierce advocate for myself. I don’t have any support so I occasionally turn here.

You of all people should be more understanding. You are immensely negative on this board. Particularly towards me.

I have two serious chronic illnesses already. Crohns and a type of incurable leukemia. I had my urethra reconstructed from damage during surgery. Go through that and let me know how you do.

SnikPlosskin 09-06-2020 4:56pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Six (Post 1803148)
Pete, get some quotes. If you can rustle up all the parts and materials, I'll do it for 50% off.

Oh, and during the month of September, we're doing a special on replacement kidneys... your second kidney is free.

:thumbs:

Shit, that is a deal! I’m in. I have a lot of tools if that helps! :dance:

bill_daniels 09-06-2020 5:01pm

Damn, sorry to here about this, Pete. Just be strong, and lean in on your family.

Giraffe (He/Him) 09-06-2020 5:08pm

Hard to say anything without it sounding like a worn out cliche. Still; keep fighting. The alternative is no good. No good at all.

Steve_R 09-06-2020 5:17pm

Sorry you feel that way Pete. I’ve mentioned in your other threads about this that I’m willing to have a discussion with you offline about this. No reply. I’m not going to get into a “my health is worse than yours” argument with you. In your most recent thread about this you mentioned prednisone. If you’re on that you need a new gastroenterologist NOW. I haven’t taken that for at least 10 years, and closer to 15. It’s not a treatment. I was on Humira until my most recent surgery and it worked well. I see my gastroenterologist next week and she’s already mentioned that there are several new biologic treatments for this that show promise; I’ll be starting one of those instead of Humira. I wouldn’t wish this on my worst enemy, but it is something you can live with and still have a good quality of life. Good luck.

JRD77VET 09-06-2020 6:50pm

I'll be praying for you my friend :angel:

Rob 09-06-2020 7:10pm

Will be praying for you Pete.

Loco Vette 09-06-2020 7:13pm

Pete, you got this. You always got this. Hang in there bud.

bill_daniels 09-06-2020 7:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnikPlosskin (Post 1803160)

You better make sure you have all your other organs when you wake up. Where do you think Clark gets his cut rate organs from? You might wake up with only one lung, for example.

:ohnoes:

SnikPlosskin 09-06-2020 7:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_R (Post 1803178)
Sorry you feel that way Pete. I’ve mentioned in your other threads about this that I’m willing to have a discussion with you offline about this. No reply. I’m not going to get into a “my health is worse than yours” argument with you. In your most recent thread about this you mentioned prednisone. If you’re on that you need a new gastroenterologist NOW. I haven’t taken that for at least 10 years, and closer to 15. It’s not a treatment. I was on Humira until my most recent surgery and it worked well. I see my gastroenterologist next week and she’s already mentioned that there are several new biologic treatments for this that show promise; I’ll be starting one of those instead of Humira. I wouldn’t wish this on my worst enemy, but it is something you can live with and still have a good quality of life. Good luck.

My comment is in regard to your almost constant negativity towards me. I don’t get it.

I have a very good understanding of prednisone and hate it with all my might. They use it when there is significant inflammation and there is delay in treatment. My disease is pretty severe and it does help and has kept me from spiraling down a few times. Usually I refuse it but this time I’m about ready to eat kittens if that helps.

Have you tried kittens?

snide 09-06-2020 8:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1803239)
You better make sure you have all your other organs when you wake up. Where do you think Clark gets his cut rate organs from? You might wake up with only one lung, for example.

:ohnoes:

Or only one penis! :willy:

snide 09-06-2020 8:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnikPlosskin (Post 1803240)
My comment is in regard to your almost constant negativity towards me. I don’t get it.

I have a very good understanding of prednisone and hate it with all my might. They use it when there is significant inflammation and there is delay in treatment. My disease is pretty severe and it does help and has kept me from spiraling down a few times. Usually I refuse it but this time I’m about ready to eat kittens if that helps.

Have you tried kittens?

Cashew Kittens

Ingredients
1/2 cup rice vinegar
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1/2 cup sherry
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1-1/2 pounds skinless boneless kittens, cubed
3 tablespoons canola oil
3 cups fresh broccoli florets
1 cup thinly sliced carrots
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon ground ginger
1 cup roasted salted cashews
Hot cooked rice

Directions
  • In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, sherry, sesame oil and garlic powder. Pour half into a large resealable plastic bag; add kittens. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
  • Discard marinade from kittens. In a wok or large skillet, stir-fry kittens in canola oil for 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. With a slotted spoon, remove kittens and set aside.
  • In the same skillet, stir-fry broccoli and carrots for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Combine the cornstarch, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, ginger and reserved marinade until smooth; gradually stir into vegetables. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cashews and kittens; heat through.
Serve with rice.

:leaving:

Blademaker 09-06-2020 8:51pm

God bless Ye.......:seasix::yesnod:

dwjz06 09-06-2020 9:54pm

Best of luck Pete.I hope you get things fixed up soon.:cert:

Sea Six 09-07-2020 2:19am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnikPlosskin (Post 1803160)

I could use all the woodworking and automotive tools I could get, although I find that automotive tools are more helpful with surgeries than woodworking tools.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1803239)

I almost never do that anymore.

RonC5 09-07-2020 6:18am

Having had a colon resection a few years back, which pales from your situation, I can imagine what you are going thru. Keep pushing forward, you will get past this. Rooting for ya!

Lakeside49 09-07-2020 9:00am

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by SnikPlosskin (Post 1803025)

Attachment 47034

Olustee bus 09-07-2020 9:15am

I bet you won't either Pete. I look forward to hearing of the good news of relief and great prognosis.

Olustee bus 09-07-2020 9:25am

I bet you won't either Pete. I look forward to hearing of the good news of relief and great prognosis.

Mike Mercury 09-07-2020 9:59am

Quote:

Turns out my bladder isn’t emptying.
suggestions:

never pee in a hurry; relax and let it happen with no urgency to end it..

near the end... the stream becomes thin and you may not feel like there's any more coming out. Let it continue, until the last drop has fallen; do not "wince" it to end the evacuation.

urinate more often; don't wait until the urge is strong.

SnikPlosskin 09-07-2020 5:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury (Post 1803356)
suggestions:

near the end... the stream becomes thin and you may not feel like there's any more coming out. Let it continue, until the last drop has fallen; do not "wince" it to end the evacuation.

Thanks. I’ve been going quite often but only a few oz at a time. Ultra sound says I’m retaining about half volume. What is weird is, at half volume I have zero urge. But as long as I can pee, I can avoid the hospital.

The big problems comes when you cannot pee at all. Then you get to experience the placement of a foley cath without anesthesia. I’m trying to avoid that at all costs. I’ll end up with one for a few days but placed while I’m under.

Removing it is another story. It’s the most intense thing EVAR. Hurts like hell but only for a bit.

My biggest complaint is the constant pain and pressure. I can barely eat anything. Can’t wear pants or a belt. I’m wearing sweats all day. I attempted to go to drug store yesterday and had to turn back. My belt put too much pressure on my gut.

I have several more days of this to go. I’m starting to get anxious because between now and normalicy is some very ugly, painful stuff. I’m sure I’ll get through it. Many others have. It will be my fourth time with the cath.

Of all the stuff I’ve dealt with, that is the worst. And I’ve been shot. This is worse.

Chuck A 09-07-2020 5:26pm

sending good thoughts and prayers

mrvette 09-07-2020 6:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck A (Post 1803581)
sending good thoughts and prayers

Me too man......damn shame it's such a mess.....

I guess I need be happy enough with my pee pills mutch less the BPressure pills....and the stool softeners.....

bill_daniels 09-07-2020 6:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury (Post 1803356)
suggestions:

What about shaking it more than twice. Is that OK now?

99 pewtercoupe 09-07-2020 6:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1803607)
What about shaking it more than twice. Is that OK now?

No. Shaking it more than twice is playing with it. You will get hairy palm and go blind :leaving:

mrvette 09-07-2020 6:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99 pewtercoupe (Post 1803612)
No. Shaking it more than twice is playing with it. You will get hairy palm and go blind :leaving:

OH, is THAT Y I need glasses???

Kant see for shit, so how kan I see IT????

:dance::confused5:

snide 09-07-2020 8:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 1803613)
OH, is THAT Y I need glasses???

Kant see for shit, so how kan I see IT????

:dance::confused5:

Ask your wife for a hand...

Iron Chef 09-07-2020 10:30pm

Hang in there Pete...hope this all passes soon :cert:

SnikPlosskin 09-08-2020 7:36pm

Well **** me. The earliest they can get me in is the 16th. I have to go another eight days like this. I’m not sure I’ll make it without an ugly trip to the ER. I will try.

Somehow I have to find the strength to work. I can’t take off two more weeks. I was hoping to go visit my mom, but that’s out. Sigh.:kick:

JRD77VET 09-08-2020 7:37pm

More prayers for you :angel:

BOTY 09-08-2020 8:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olustee bus (Post 1803344)

:iagree:

Rikki Z-06 09-08-2020 8:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOTY (Post 1803915)

:withstupid:

:angel:

LisaJohn 09-08-2020 9:01pm

Call the dr office 2-3 times a day and politely ask if there have been any cancellations.

bill_daniels 09-08-2020 9:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaJohn (Post 1803933)
Call the dr office 2-3 times a day and politely ask if there have been any cancellations.

Maybe just call once a day though. After the first day, they'll know who you are and why you're calling. :waiting:

SnikPlosskin 09-08-2020 9:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaJohn (Post 1803933)

Good idea. The doctor actually called me personally. He was apologetic and knows I’m hurting. But he said it would be rare to get kidney damage. Of course he said the surgery was a one and done deal. I really don’t believe any doctors anymore.

This has truly been a living hell. One surgery turned into four to fix mistake after mistake.

First surgery - emergency resection
Second - the incision caused a hernia
During the hernia repair, a nurse bludgeoned me with a cath - had cath for 2 weeks
Third - Then a urologist did a ballon expansion that only lasted three months - had cath for 2 weeks
Fourth surgery - Next a complete reconstruction - cath for 30 days
This is number five. Cath for 4 days

During this time I’ve had three procedures akin to a colonoscopy to expand my small intestine. Two enteroscopies, 2 CAT scans, three MRI’S, plus two ER trips, 18 chemo treatments, 52 IV fluid sessions, 12 iron infusions 125ish injections and too many labs to count.

I’ve never shared this with anyone. I just hide it.

And to think, I never had surgery before all this. WTF. This is seriously getting tiring.

To add insult to injury, my wife can’t accompany me because COVID. funny, I never thought it was needed to have her there. Now I could use the support.

I’m sorry to bitch. I know many have it worse. I’m getting to my wits end. There must be an end to this somehow but none in sight right now.

snide 09-08-2020 9:36pm

Pete, take your wife with you anyway. Insist she go in with you. Really insist. :angel:

Vandelay Industries 09-08-2020 9:51pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1803945)
Pete, take your wife with you anyway. Insist she go in with you. Really insist. :angel:

:iagree: I've had to deal with this kind of situation too many times over the last few months. Insist or TELL them that your wife is going to accompany you. Really kind of sick of dealing with that kind of shit when you're just trying to advocate for the care of a family member.

SnikPlosskin 09-09-2020 11:51am

1 Attachment(s)
Does this mask make my face look fat?

JetMechZ16 09-09-2020 12:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnikPlosskin (Post 1804072)

I think it's more of the fat making your face look fat.:leaving:

bill_daniels 09-09-2020 12:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnikPlosskin (Post 1804072)

Can we assume you got worked in and are going to be going under the knife today? Good luck, I'm certain lots of VB miscreants will be praying that all goes well, including me.

SnikPlosskin 09-09-2020 8:26pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1804082)
Can we assume you got worked in and are going to be going under the knife today? Good luck, I'm certain lots of VB miscreants will be praying that all goes well, including me.

Nope. Chemo and iron infusion. Still hoping this ordeal is cut short. So to speak.

Rikki Z-06 09-09-2020 8:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnikPlosskin (Post 1804219)
Nope. Chemo and iron infusion. Still hoping this ordeal is cut short. So to speak.

:sadangel:

RMVette 09-10-2020 6:15am

:sadangel:

Hoping for a speedy recovery!!

Black94lt1 09-12-2020 3:40am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas (Post 1803173)
Hard to say anything without it sounding like a worn out cliche. Still; keep fighting. The alternative is no good. No good at all.

Agreed, in times like this it is often tough to come up with the right words, but know we are all praying for you Pete

SnikPlosskin 09-12-2020 10:33am

It might be cliched’ but it does help. Honestly the thought of giving up crosses my mind regularly. But I am not really wired for giving up. There must be a limit to how much one can endure. I think if I were single, the equation might be different. But people I love rely on me. I will walk through fire for them.

I have this creeping feeling that if there is widespread civil unrest, people like me won’t survive it. The treatments I need are drugs that require special handling, refrigeration, mixing by a pharmacist, IV pumps. It also must be used within hours of mixing. It comes as a powder that needs refrigeration. It is only made in one facility by one manufacturer.

Lately Ive seen shortages of regular drugs. It’s just a matter of time. I suppose that’s why I’m up for the fight. If I go down, I’m taking some commie mother****ers with me.

I’m doing everything I can to get fit for battle conditions. Whether it happens or not. From upping hormone replacement, working out, heat conditioning, 7K ruck marches with 45 lbs of gear, specialized tactical training, Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC), I’m FEMA certified as first responder (this makes it so the local police have no authority over me in a disaster scenario) Radio operator (getting license this month)...etc.

I have to get whatever is ****ed up fixed in this case I don’t have a choice. We are in for a rough ride and I believe our way of life is at extreme risk. Even though I’m old and broken down, I am mustering everything I’ve got to serve this great nation.

It’s the reason I do anything these days - an overwhelming sense of duty and purpose. That’s my version of not giving up. Far too many are willing to sit on the sidelines. I can’t share too much here, but let’s just say my work in this area isn’t casual.

ThePirate 09-12-2020 11:21am

You can do it, Pete.

MadInNc 09-12-2020 12:00pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnikPlosskin (Post 1804942)
It might be cliched’ but it does help. Honestly the thought of giving up crosses my mind regularly. But I am not really wired for giving up. There must be a limit to how much one can endure. I think if I were single, the equation might be different. But people I love rely on me. I will walk through fire for them.

I have this creeping feeling that if there is widespread civil unrest, people like me won’t survive it. The treatments I need are drugs that require special handling, refrigeration, mixing by a pharmacist, IV pumps. It also must be used within hours of mixing. It comes as a powder that needs refrigeration. It is only made in one facility by one manufacturer.

Lately Ive seen shortages of regular drugs. It’s just a matter of time. I suppose that’s why I’m up for the fight. If I go down, I’m taking some commie mother****ers with me.

https://memegenerator.net/img/instan...hat.jpghttp://

I’m doing everything I can to get fit for battle conditions. Whether it happens or not. From upping hormone replacement, working out, heat conditioning, 7K ruck marches with 45 lbs of gear, specialized tactical training, Tactical Combat Casualty Care (TCCC), I’m FEMA certified as first responder (this makes it so the local police have no authority over me in a disaster scenario) Radio operator (getting license this month)...etc.

I have to get whatever is ****ed up fixed in this case I don’t have a choice. We are in for a rough ride and I believe our way of life is at extreme risk. Even though I’m old and broken down, I am mustering everything I’ve got to serve this great nation.

It’s the reason I do anything these days - an overwhelming sense of duty and purpose. That’s my version of not giving up. Far too many are willing to sit on the sidelines. I can’t share too much here, but let’s just say my work in this area isn’t casual.

https://memegenerator.net/img/instan...infoil-hat.jpg

mrvette 09-12-2020 12:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadInNc (Post 1804968)

Yeh, I need tin foil for MY hat!!!!:issues:

SnikPlosskin 09-12-2020 5:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadInNc (Post 1804968)

Let’s talk in two months.

MadInNc 09-12-2020 6:43pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnikPlosskin (Post 1805074)
Let’s talk in two months.

We all have problems, personally, health, family etc... one thing I won’t do is doom and gloom for my family and friends. Everybody has issues and your right, could get worse in 2 Mo. But I believe in the US and something stopping a total meltdown:yesnod:

SnikPlosskin 09-12-2020 10:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadInNc (Post 1805093)
We all have problems, personally, health, family etc... one thing I won’t do is doom and gloom for my family and friends. Everybody has issues and your right, could get worse in 2 Mo. But I believe in the US and something stopping a total meltdown:yesnod:

Thanks, Mr. Obvious. I go to the cancer center every two weeks. I’m well aware that we all face challenges. I’m also aware there are people worse off than me.

I’m sure you are a better person than me not “dooming and glooming” your friends and all. Thanks for judging me.

At the same time, unless you have a chronic illness, I wouldn’t expect you to understand the challenge of staying positive. Imagine being sick every day for 15 years. Imagine being hospitalized three times a year for a decade. Imagine not being able to do the things you enjoy, not enjoying food, not going out with friends, missing family events and losing your memory from brain damage caused by malnutrition. I don’t remember my son being born.

The problems you speak of are transient. Imagine having all those regular problems, plus an incurable illness that destroys your intestines, joints, muscles and optic nerves until it kills you.

I don’t think you can.

“doom and gloom” is your perception. For me it’s my daily reality. What I see in this thread is my friends lifting me up, like we do for each other here. I’m just trying to get through and the support here is really helpful.

I reached out here for help. You came in mocking me.

I’ve been fighting this disease for 15 years. It is weighing on my psyche. Why did you bother posting? Just to put me me down?

Maybe instead of judging, you might refrain from posting and thank God for your health and for having just normal life challenges.

For the rest of you, I just say thank you. Nine days to go.

SnikPlosskin 09-12-2020 10:41pm

And for the record, I don’t train in anticipation of a meltdown. I do it because it makes me stronger and because it’s my duty to my family and my community.

I hope for the best and plan/train for the worst. What are you doing for your country besides putting sick people down on the Internet?

simpleman68 09-14-2020 8:40am

Sorry to hear you're having a hard time again Pete. Really hard to have the constant onslaught of health issues.
Hell, most of us fall apart after having a crappy little flu for a week.
Scott

Steve_R 09-14-2020 8:47am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnikPlosskin (Post 1805306)
I’ve been fighting this disease for 15 years.

I've been fighting the same disease for 40 years. It's possible to have it and still live a productive and nearly-normal life. Good luck.

dwjz06 09-14-2020 10:23am

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnikPlosskin (Post 1805306)
Thanks, Mr. Obvious. I go to the cancer center every two weeks. I’m well aware that we all face challenges. I’m also aware there are people worse off than me.

I’m sure you are a better person than me not “dooming and glooming” your friends and all. Thanks for judging me.

At the same time, unless you have a chronic illness, I wouldn’t expect you to understand the challenge of staying positive. Imagine being sick every day for 15 years. Imagine being hospitalized three times a year for a decade. Imagine not being able to do the things you enjoy, not enjoying food, not going out with friends, missing family events and losing your memory from brain damage caused by malnutrition. I don’t remember my son being born.

The problems you speak of are transient. Imagine having all those regular problems, plus an incurable illness that destroys your intestines, joints, muscles and optic nerves until it kills you.

I don’t think you can.

“doom and gloom” is your perception. For me it’s my daily reality. What I see in this thread is my friends lifting me up, like we do for each other here. I’m just trying to get through and the support here is really helpful.

I reached out here for help. You came in mocking me.

I’ve been fighting this disease for 15 years. It is weighing on my psyche. Why did you bother posting? Just to put me me down?

Maybe instead of judging, you might refrain from posting and thank God for your health and for having just normal life challenges.

For the rest of you, I just say thank you. Nine days to go.

Pete. I think you took Mikes post the wrong way for sure. Have you seen any of his posts before? He is not that kind of guy. He was just saying look at it with a positive spin. That is all. Good luck man:seasix: I do not think anyone on here would wish you any harm or ill will. Not in the time I have been here. I hope things work out for you.:cert:

SnikPlosskin 09-14-2020 8:43pm

Perhaps.

Quote:

. one thing I won’t do is doom and gloom for my family and friends.
Sure seems like a judgment. Sorry Mike. I’m not myself.

Now I’m out of work. My clients have been shutting down over the last few months. Now the last and largest one is going into bunker mode. Gonna be hard to be positive.

Most of your brain chemistry is created in your gut. Depression is part of the deal when your guts are ****ed up. Mine is raging.

At the same time, this is an opportunity to pivot and maybe find a more satisfying path. I don’t care anymore. What will be will be.

Once I get back on my feet next week I’ll hit it hard and get back on track. Frustrating I have to wait a week.

SnikPlosskin 09-14-2020 8:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_R (Post 1805836)
I've been fighting the same disease for 40 years. It's possible to have it and still live a productive and nearly-normal life. Good luck.

I know it’s possible. But not in ones control. It is also different for everyone. If I recall you had your diseased area cut out. Some people go into remission once the damaged area is gone. Mine can’t be cut out. I swear half the problem is actually the treatment.

I know you’ve been through hell. I’m “only” 15 years in. They say if I can get through the next ten years, things should get better. But lots of surgery.

I’m not down and out. I think I’m mostly very tired. Sometimes I see other people doing things and I can only wish I could enjoy some normalicy. I used to really like food and cooking. Now I eat for utility purposes. If I can eat at all.

I miss me some steak!

I never give up. With support from friends I can get through. Sometimes I just have to bitch. In real life I never say a word. I hide it.

But I shall torture you people. :dance:

Steve_R 09-14-2020 9:17pm

Pete, my first surgery was 40 years ago. My latest was July 28. I have 12 surgery scars on my belly. I’m missing three different sections of my small bowel, part of my large bowel and part of my bladder. I don’t know why yours can’t be removed. I will just say that after living with this for over 40 years I’m thoroughly convinced that your mental outlook and attitude has a huge impact on this particular disease. Fight it and win. It can be done.

SnikPlosskin 09-14-2020 10:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_R (Post 1806038)
Pete, my first surgery was 40 years ago. My latest was July 28. I have 12 surgery scars on my belly. I’m missing three different sections of my small bowel, part of my large bowel and part of my bladder. I don’t know why yours can’t be removed. I will just say that after living with this for over 40 years I’m thoroughly convinced that your mental outlook and attitude has a huge impact on this particular disease. Fight it and win. It can be done.

Holy shit. Sorry to hear. My understanding is that my damage is in my terminal ilium close to the valve. Apparently most of my small bowel is scarred. I have had six inches removed. But the worst area can’t be cut out.

My mental outlook is definitely not good. I can’t imagine going through what you have. How old were you when diagnosed? I’d say my biggest issue (besides the pain lately) is fatigue. It has gotten much worse since I returned from Nicaragua. To the point of disability.

Now, this flare has lasted so long. I’m pretty tough since pain is really just part of the deal. But I think the constant, relentless nature of this six month flare is jacking with my brain chemistry. Somehow I need to find the energy to spin up the business.

I have some oddball but interesting opportunities. I’m going to take this coming week and just wind down while I recover. I am hoping this surgery will stop the pain. (After causing a shit load of pain!)

Then, I’m hoping this is the end of the surgeries for a while. I need to work my ass off.

SnikPlosskin 09-16-2020 9:32pm

Not sure what I think about this. The urologist was pretty certain scar tissue was causing the issue. Put me under and found none. Prostate is the issue. He wants to increase med dosage for thirty days to see if that makes a difference. If not, a far more serious surgery is on the way.

He said “you could drive a truck through there”. I’m hoping that’s not part of the treatment.

I was praying that this procedure today would give me some relief. I’m going on seven months of pain. Now, at least another month of pain. I’m going to guess that civil unrest will delay that even further and I don’t want to be laid up for six weeks during that time.

I’m going on liquid diet again because every time I eat pain gets worse. Holy shit. On the up side, I’ll lose some weight. I think not eating will reduce pain.

I can’t take pain pills. I’m going to have to just bear it. Hearing Steve’s story, I’m convinced I can get through it.

I can’t believe it. I really thought this was the end of it. On the other hand, I finally received my truck. 2012 4Runner Limited. :dance:

snide 09-17-2020 5:59am

:angel: You'll get through this Pete. :angel:

LisaJohn 09-17-2020 7:16am

Hang in there!

Loco Vette 09-17-2020 10:35am

Hang in there Pete!

SnikPlosskin 09-17-2020 6:00pm

I’m hanging! Worked ten hours today. I am implementing some changes to the business, making calls, starting radio show and changing my thinking.

Separate thread on a music idea.

One big change is developing offerings for smaller companies. I’m accustomed to charging pretty high rates because I literally transform companies from losing money to profitable. The challenge right now is that companies are not making any commitments.

So my short term answer is to do project work and control expectations by being honest. For example, someone wanted me to develop a video podcast for them today. Normally I’d say no, even though I produce my own podcast and can nail it off. The reason is because it won’t drive sales by itself but they usually think it will.

Most “marketing” people would say something like “Absolutely we can do that. It’s gonna change your life!” They know that is bullshit, but they take the money.

I may do the project these days, but I am honest with people. Generating qualified leads for B2B companies takes a plan and a program. It’s ****ing hard to pull off and labor intensive. It takes spending 10%-15% of your revenue.

However, I can see that doing smaller projects can lead to bigger ones, as long as expectations are managed. Over the years I’ve learned that success in marketing and sales takes a system of communications. No single thing will move the needle.

It’s a combination of strategic efforts that gets it done. My point is that I’ve had an “all or nothing” attitude. Now I must compromise to survive. But I won’t bullshit people.

E.g., that (podcast, email program, social media, website) by itself won’t produce an ROI unless you are very lucky. But I can help you build it as long as you understand this.

Does that make any sense?

snide 09-17-2020 6:31pm

With the thread title of "I'm in trouble", I was expecting someone to be preggers. :shrug: WTF? :toetap:

Anjdog2003 09-17-2020 6:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_R (Post 1805836)

I've been fighting the same disease for 50 years that i caught overseas, the reason i get military disability. I just don't post it and talk about it with friends and family.

I was Awol for a week or so last month here because i was counseling and listening sometimes until 3am with a woman that lost their 11 year old son because he blew his brains out with a gun because he couldn't handle life. Now she's in a Mental Hospital. I watched my brother die of cancer and he stayed positive all the time right up until his death. Don't mean to be hard but how long is this thread going to go on? You've had 15 years of sympathy from family and friends and 11 days from members here. :yesnod:

snide 09-17-2020 9:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anjdog2003 (Post 1806823)
I've been fighting the same disease for 50 years that i caught overseas, the reason i get military disability. I just don't post it and talk about it with friends and family.

I was Awol for a week or so last month here because i was counseling and listening sometimes until 3am with a woman that lost their 11 year old son because he blew his brains out with a gun because he couldn't handle life. Now she's in a Mental Hospital. I watched my brother die of cancer and he stayed positive all the time right up until his death. Don't mean to be hard but how long is this thread going to go on? You've had 15 years of sympathy from family and friends and 11 days from members here. :yesnod:

Holy **** are you an asshole. As Snik has mentioned in his other threads, he posts here for counseling, because we listen. And sympathize. And care.

So **** off and die. :slap:

SnikPlosskin 09-17-2020 9:31pm

Quote:

Nobody forced you to click on it. Now that you mention it, I think I’ll post here until the problem is gone. Might be a while. Enjoy!

Btw, nobody noticed you were gone. :seasix:

SnikPlosskin 09-17-2020 9:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1806892)
Holy **** are you an asshole. As Snik has mentioned in his other threads, he posts here for counseling, because we listen. And sympathize. And care.

I have to tell you, you guys make a difference. I was quite despondent when I started this thread. I’m dealing with it better now. It’s easy to say “I have a chronic illness too”. But if one really did, they would be more understanding. Not all chronic conditions are debilitating.

Most people don’t know much about Crohns. Some people who have it hardly have any symptoms. Others die from it. I’d probably be in much better shape if I didn’t have leukemia on top of it. It’s the combination that really ****s things up.

I honestly don’t understand people who think medical stuff should be secret. Who gives a shit? I suppose 14 years of going to the cancer center changes ones view. Nobody hides anything there. We lift each other up.

Sometimes you can’t do it alone. Why would you?

Nox 09-17-2020 9:45pm

Quote:

Herpes? Olongapo? :leaving:

Anjdog2003 09-17-2020 11:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nox (Post 1806901)
Herpes? Olongapo? :leaving:

Ten dolla GI. :yesnod:

Nox 09-17-2020 11:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anjdog2003 (Post 1806914)

I can see why you wouldn’t talk about it with friends and family. 😂

Anjdog2003 09-18-2020 12:08am

Quote:

So a friends request will be denied?

JetMechZ16 09-18-2020 7:30am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anjdog2003 (Post 1806914)

HerpeGonoSyphilAids ?:island14:

Anjdog2003 09-18-2020 12:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetMechZ16 (Post 1806939)

A bug i contacted that causes internal bleeding and severe cramps. It could have come from food water who knows.

Anjdog2003 09-18-2020 12:32pm

Quote:

The_Dude 09-18-2020 12:46pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anjdog2003 (Post 1807003)
A bug i contacted that causes internal bleeding and severe cramps. It could have come from food water who knows.

*contracted

sorry about that John. I hope they can figure something out for you.

Anjdog2003 09-18-2020 1:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Dude (Post 1807009)
*contracted

sorry about that John. I hope they can figure something out for you.

They've had 50 years to figure it out. :Jeff '79: They threw in the towel decades ago. I'am not the only GI that caught some overseas bug. I know a Marine that got a bug in the Middle East with some of the same symptoms. I wish that was the only thing that happened to me.

But i go to the VA to the spinal cord section and see young kids that can't move at all they just lay their year after year. Or they have no legs or arms and they're in their 20's. Or the 38 guys i lost in Vietnam from my hometown.

Maybe i shouldn't have posted in this thread but i still stand by what i said
Nothing against SnikPlosskin it's the alpha male in me. :yesnod: :cert:

**** off and die? I much rather have a nice dinner and go sit on a couch and just drop dead without the **** off. :yesnod:

dwjz06 09-18-2020 1:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetMechZ16 (Post 1806939)

:lol:That is a saying Terrance Popp uses on his You tube channel:D still cracks me up when I see him say it.:cert:

The_Dude 09-18-2020 2:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anjdog2003 (Post 1807010)
They've had 50 years to figure it out. :Jeff '79: They threw in the towel decades ago. I'am not the only GI that caught some overseas bug. I know a Marine that got a bug in the Middle East with some of the same symptoms. I wish that was the only thing that happened to me.

But i go to the VA to the spinal cord section and see young kids that can't move at all they just lay their year after year. Or they have no legs or arms and they're in their 20's. Or the 38 guys i lost in Vietnam from my hometown.

Maybe i shouldn't have posted in this thread but i still stand by what i said
Nothing against SnikPlosskin it's the alpha male in me. :yesnod: :cert:

**** off and die? I much rather have a nice dinner and go sit on a couch and just drop dead without the **** off. :yesnod:

yeah, I know things can always be worse. I'm glad you're still in the land of the living and not too disabled.

I have my own health issues as well, but nothing deadly and it could have been much worse.
People like to vent. I can't hold it against anyone, I like to vent sometimes too.
I know you took a poll and I'm not well liked, but everyone here is ok by me. I hope to tip one back you someday. Just some random thoughts :cheers:

Anjdog2003 09-18-2020 2:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Dude (Post 1807025)
I know you took a poll and I'm not well liked, but everyone here is ok by me. I hope to tip one back you someday. Just some random thoughts :cheers:

What poll? Outside of neece you are one of the most beloved person's at the Vettebarn. :yesnod:

I told my neighbor someone on the internet told me to **** off and die. She said i know snide told her the same thing a week ago. How did she know it was snide i was talking about? :confused5:

The_Dude 09-18-2020 2:51pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anjdog2003 (Post 1807029)
What poll? Outside of neece you are one of the most beloved person's at the Vettebarn. :yesnod:

I told my neighbor someone on the internet told me to **** off and die. She said i know snide told her the same thing a week ago. How did she know it was snide i was talking about? :confused5:

Didn't you take a poll that time I was gone for a week?

Anjdog2003 09-18-2020 3:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Dude (Post 1807036)
Didn't you take a poll that time I was gone for a week?

Here or at CFOT?

The_Dude 09-18-2020 3:43pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anjdog2003 (Post 1807038)
Here or at CFOT?

Don't remember. You've told me about a few.

Anjdog2003 09-18-2020 4:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Dude (Post 1807046)
Don't remember. You've told me about a few.

I never take a Poll if someone isn't around.

The_Dude 09-18-2020 4:56pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anjdog2003 (Post 1807058)
I never take a Poll if someone isn't around.

:skep:

The_Dude 09-18-2020 5:00pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by anjdog2003 (Post 1598384209)
ot took a poll last week when you weren't here.

What's your opinion of K-Spaz?

Who?...57

One of ot's losers...118

Don't read his post...82

stfu Raazor...1,298

Quote:

Originally Posted by anjdog2003 (Post 1598292104)
fAU doesn't travel more than 250 miles away from home plus they have to have most of their games at home. That being said we took a Poll last week.

What do you think of Lippy?
She needs to stfu...97
Who?...58
fBama and Au...112
stfu Raazor...2,587

​​​​​​​
Quote:

Originally Posted by anjdog2003 (Post 1595715817)
We took a Poll last week when you were gone.

"What's your opinion of Capt. Shark"

Who...45

Fk'em...83

Iron Maiden sucks...12,458

stfu Koko...33

Pie...9

​​​​​​​
Quote:

Originally Posted by anjdog2003 (Post 1592679009)
We took a poll and nobody likes you.

​​​​​​​and I just started...

The_Dude 09-18-2020 5:03pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by anjdog2003 (Post 1592568979)
When you took a couple of days off we had a poll.

stfu The_Dude.. 87

He's on my ignore list.. 43

stfu Koko.. 1

I like Pie.. 25

​​​​​​​...