The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Mom passed Monday (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124710)

Rodnok1 01-21-2021 9:33am

Mom passed Monday

Found out mom died Monday at age 79. We haven't talked in a long time as she had some issues, lived with my sister who I cut ties with few years ago. She was a good mom when not dealing with mental issues which unfortunately was quite a bit some times.
The mental games her family played drove her to close to insanity, the lies and half truths were constant. She never forgave my dad for bringing her back to this world with his pleas. Never could get it out of her why she was so unhappy and why she would act the same as her family did.
I have a feeling and always did that several traumatic things happened early in her life.
I wouldn't allow her to poison my family with her issues so I cut ties almost completely many years ago. Some may say it's callous to do so but the stress was too much and I wouldn't put any of you through what she could dish out let alone my nice wife and young son.
I never really knew much about mom really besides what I saw for myself as she never did just talk about her past. I found out I had other sisters when I was a teenager.
Be kind to those around you.
I'll cherish what she taught me and the times we had, she's gone now as she wanted for as long as I can remember. I hope she rests in peace finally and has found comfort in another place as it seems she found little here.

Bye mom.... :sadangel:

Little Red L98. 01-21-2021 9:45am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodnok1 (Post 1847747)
Found out mom died Monday at age 79. We haven't talked in a long time as she had some issues, lived with my sister who I cut ties with few years ago. She was a good mom when not dealing with mental issues which unfortunately was quite a bit some times.
The mental games her family played drove her to close to insanity, the lies and half truths were constant. She never forgave my dad for bringing her back to this world with his pleas. Never could get it out of her why she was so unhappy and why she would act the same as her family did.
I have a feeling and always did that several traumatic things happened early in her life.
I wouldn't allow her to poison my family with her issues so I cut ties almost completely many years ago. Some may say it's callous to do so but the stress was too much and I wouldn't put any of you through what she could dish out let alone my nice wife and young son.
I never really knew much about mom really besides what I saw for myself as she never did just talk about her past. I found out I had other sisters when I was a teenager.
Be kind to those around you.
I'll cherish what she taught me and the times we had, she's gone now as she wanted for as long as I can remember. I hope she rests in peace finally and has found comfort in another place as it seems she found little here.

Bye mom.... :sadangel:

Aw man. So sorry to hear. May she Rest In Peace and I hope a heavy weight has been lifted from your shoulders. :)

Dan Dlabay 01-21-2021 9:51am

May she rest in peace and be blessed by God.:sadangel:

04 commemorative 01-21-2021 9:56am

:sadangel::sadangel:

Old Ben 01-21-2021 9:59am

Sorry to hear Rod. May she Rest In Peace. :sadangel:

73sbVert 01-21-2021 10:00am

Sorry for your loss Rod. :sadangel:

Paul

Strats-N-Vettes 01-21-2021 10:01am

My condolences to you and your family. :angel:

RMVette 01-21-2021 10:06am

So sorry to hear of your mom's passing. :sadangel:

m and t's77 01-21-2021 10:06am

:sadangel::sadangel::sadangel:

TripleBlack 01-21-2021 10:36am

:sadangel::sadangel::sadangel:
Sad hear... may you both find peace.

Rikki Z-06 01-21-2021 10:45am

Condolences to you and your family Rod. :sadangel:

snide 01-21-2021 10:49am

Sorry for your loss, Rod. :sadangel:

The_Dude 01-21-2021 10:53am

Sorry for your loss :sadangel:

Norm 01-21-2021 11:18am

My condolences. Everyone has their demons, some manifest outright, some keep locked up inside, don't know which is worse.
May she rest in peace.

Mick 01-21-2021 11:25am

Sorry to hear that.

I understand about shutting out toxic family members as I've been there. It is our job as parents to protect our children from such people until they are old enough to handle it on their own. I know it sucks, but sometimes being the adult in the room means making a decision on what is the lesser of two evils.

May she RIP. :sadangel:

Grey Ghost 01-21-2021 11:54am

Sorry. RIP.

Sorry to hear about her struggles in life. I hope she had some enjoyment at some time.

Bill 01-21-2021 12:35pm

My condolences. I just went through that, and.....I can tell you it really sucks. Just hang in there and try to stay busy.

:sadangel:

gs568 01-21-2021 12:48pm

Rest In Peace.

JetMechZ16 01-21-2021 12:48pm

I believe that when we leave this life our fears and failures are left behind. The things that clouded our thoughts and reasoning clear. I'm sure she is free of the things that burdened her in life.

May she rest in the peace she wasn't able to find on Earth.

Sorry for your loss. :sadangel:

dvarapala 01-21-2021 1:24pm

:sadangel: