The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member/User Comments & Suggestions (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   giving rep and lockout (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8592)

khblair 02-18-2011 3:15pm

giving rep and lockout

for those of us who enjoy the giving and receiving of rep its very frustrating to want to give it away but we are always on 24 hour lockout.

i think if you have a barn stall, you should be able to give out more rep than currently allowed, say to 25 peeps per day, and to the same peep after hitting 5 others.

any possibility of upping the limit for barn stall owners?

Sea Six 02-18-2011 3:43pm

:waiting:

Vette Jockey 02-18-2011 5:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by khblair (Post 151360)
for those of us who enjoy the giving and receiving of rep its very frustrating to want to give it away but we are always on 24 hour lockout.

i think if you have a barn stall, you should be able to give out more rep than currently allowed, say to 25 peeps per day, and to the same peep after hitting 5 others.

any possibility of upping the limit for barn stall owners?

I agree. :rep::rep: I was on 24 hour lock down.

Y2Kvert4me 02-18-2011 6:30pm

I think revising it to allow 1 or 2 per day might be a better idea, since even at 10, the rep system has now become so abused and meaningless.

Used to be, it took a rather extraordinary post or thread to be considered "rep-worthy".
Helpful, humorous, informative, whatever, at least there was a valid reason that compelled people to use it occasionally.

But nowadays just posting :seeya: in a bar thread is apparently deserving enough to earn piles of it.

Like others have noticed, it's become nothing more than a silly popularity contest, with little or no meaning behind it any more, other than gaining points. People no longer leave comments, the post itself means nothing, it's seemingly just become a daily duty of repping everyone because either they did it to you, or you still have some of your 10 to use up before you can re-hit the one person you really want to pile it on to.

Racking up a hundred million points in a few weeks time is proof positive there's a flaw in the system, and allowing MORE is not likely to break that trend.

Reducing the allowance to 1 or 2/day might actually keep it reserved for those special occasions only, and eliminate the daily "I hit you, now hit me back" nonsense.

Just a thought from a different perspective...

:cheers:

Munch 02-18-2011 7:05pm

Put those rep whores in their place Tom! :rep:

khblair 02-18-2011 7:19pm

i thought part of the reason for the forum was for entertainment. if it takes something as silly as rep points to keep us chatting, having fun and making new friends then whats the big deal? its not like its actually costing anyone anything.

this place is fun and getting/giving rep is no more useless or useful than barn bucks. they both add entertainment to this forum.

ptindall 02-20-2011 6:56pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Y2Kvert4me (Post 151785)
I think revising it to allow 1 or 2 per day might be a better idea, since even at 10, the rep system has now become so abused and meaningless.

Used to be, it took a rather extraordinary post or thread to be considered "rep-worthy".
Helpful, humorous, informative, whatever, at least there was a valid reason that compelled people to use it occasionally.

But nowadays just posting :seeya: in a bar thread is apparently deserving enough to earn piles of it.

Like others have noticed, it's become nothing more than a silly popularity contest, with little or no meaning behind it any more, other than gaining points. People no longer leave comments, the post itself means nothing, it's seemingly just become a daily duty of repping everyone because either they did it to you, or you still have some of your 10 to use up before you can re-hit the one person you really want to pile it on to.

Racking up a hundred million points in a few weeks time is proof positive there's a flaw in the system, and allowing MORE is not likely to break that trend.

Reducing the allowance to 1 or 2/day might actually keep it reserved for those special occasions only, and eliminate the daily "I hit you, now hit me back" nonsense.

Just a thought from a different perspective...

:cheers:

:rep: Now there's a rep worthy post.