The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Have you been tested + or - for the Rona (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127667)

The_Dude 01-20-2022 12:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Dude (Post 1935362)
Kid tested positive today, so I have to test negative before I can go back to work. Getting tested in a couple of hours.

negative

MadInNc 01-20-2022 12:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Dude (Post 1935533)
negative

get back to work slacker:leaving:

zeek 01-20-2022 2:42pm

What is the advantage if any, of getting tested? Unless required for work it is a waste of time. I had what I believe was the rona last week. Took Mucinex and now Im over it. What would being tested have accomplished?

The_Dude 01-20-2022 4:11pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadInNc (Post 1935536)
get back to work slacker:leaving:

I've been working from home. I wasn't ever sick.

dvarapala 01-20-2022 5:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeek (Post 1935541)
What is the advantage if any, of getting tested? Unless required for work it is a waste of time. I had what I believe was the rona last week. Took Mucinex and now Im over it. What would being tested have accomplished?

The government would find out and quarantine everyone you came in contact with (using the tracking data being gathered by your smart phone).

:yesnod:

ZipZap 01-20-2022 6:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvarapala (Post 1935568)
The government would find out and quarantine everyone you came in contact with (using the tracking data being gathered by your smart phone).

:yesnod:

So a positive COVID test is now justification for the FBI to issue a NSL under the Patriot Act?:rofl::rofl:

Please tell me you tried to find the sarcasm font:seasix:

Don Rickles 01-20-2022 8:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeek (Post 1935541)

What is it they say, about people that answer a question with a question....?

"So the person who answers the question with the question means that he / she is convinced that he / she is superior or wiser than the other person."

You need either proof of vax OR a NEG TEST, to live now a days for one....:confused5:

Some might just want to know...

Shall I cont......:confused5:

Scissors 01-20-2022 8:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1935471)
Are you confusing antigen with antibody testing?

Yes, I misspoke. I meant antibody.

zeek 01-20-2022 9:06pm

1 Attachment(s)
This......

Torqaholic 01-20-2022 10:54pm

Apparently control freaks don't like being control freaked :rofl:

slewfoot 01-21-2022 9:07am

I'm fully vaxxed. I had to get tested for Cataract surgery a few months ago and that was it. If you don't have symptoms ,why get tested? So they can claim "I'm fine and run around recklessly, then fkn die."

It's like some guy taking a pregnancy test

Dan47 01-22-2022 8:39am

Quote:

Originally Posted by slewfoot (Post 1935666)
I'm fully vaxxed. I had to get tested for Cataract surgery a few months ago and that was it. If you don't have symptoms ,why get tested? So they can claim "I'm fine and run around recklessly, then fkn die."

It's like some guy taking a pregnancy test

How does one “run around recklessly, then fkn die” after taking a covid test?

zeek 01-22-2022 10:07am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Rickles (Post 1935597)
What is it they say, about people that answer a question with a question....?

"So the person who answers the question with the question means that he / she is convinced that he / she is superior or wiser than the other person."

You need either proof of vax OR a NEG TEST, to live now a days for one....:confused5:

Some might just want to know...

Shall I cont......:confused5:

I agree with that statement...:seasix:

Why do you need proof of vax etc?....I have not one time been required to show my papers.....:confused5:

16again 01-22-2022 10:14am

Had a negative test late November as requirement for hand surgery.

Giraffe (He/Him) 01-22-2022 11:01am

End of week #1 with no taste or smell.

:banghead:

Aerovette 01-22-2022 11:12am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giraffe (Post 1935965)
End of week #1 with no taste or smell.

:banghead:

I had 4 weeks with no sense of smell. About 2 with no taste if I can recall.

I ate a bowl a cereal that was 100% akin to eating packing peanuts.

Giraffe (He/Him) 01-22-2022 11:14am

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1935968)
I had 4 weeks with no sense of smell. About 2 with no taste if I can recall.

I ate a bowl a cereal that was 100% akin to eating packing peanuts.

I think I'd be OK with no smell for a bit but this no taste thing sucks ass. I had a frozen pizza last night and I may as well have been eating the cardboard it came on.

Aerovette 01-22-2022 11:28am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giraffe (Post 1935969)
I think I'd be OK with no smell for a bit but this no taste thing sucks ass. I had a frozen pizza last night and I may as well have been eating the cardboard it came on.

When my sense of smell came back, it wasn't the same. Still isn't. Taste was altered too. When the smell was coming back, I kept smelling something burning. The lingering effect is almost like bad eyesight. The distance I am from something changes the smell. Coffee right under my nose, smells good. From a few feet away it smells like someone threw up.

I heard that Lipoic acid is supposed to improve the smell part, I started taking it, but I'm not sure it has done anything.

Don Rickles 01-22-2022 1:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeek (Post 1935956)
I agree with that statement...:seasix:

Humble too....:barf:

Why do you need proof of vax etc?....I have not one time been required to show my papers.....:confused5:

Answered

Don Rickles 01-22-2022 1:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1935970)
When my sense of smell came back, it wasn't the same. Still isn't. Taste was altered too. When the smell was coming back, I kept smelling something burning. The lingering effect is almost like bad eyesight. The distance I am from something changes the smell. Coffee right under my nose, smells good. From a few feet away it smells like someone threw up.

I heard that Lipoic acid is supposed to improve the smell part, I started taking it, but I'm not sure it has done anything.

My sense of smell returned stronger!:seasix: