The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Have you been tested + or - for the Rona (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127667)

Don Rickles 01-19-2022 8:03am

Have you been tested + or - for the Rona

Go!

+

Old Ben 01-19-2022 8:32am

Have had no symptoms so no test taken.

Testing just for the sake of testing is a waste of testing kits.

99 pewtercoupe 01-19-2022 8:37am

A negative Covid test administered by the hospital was a requirement prior to having a colonoscopy last month. That was the only reason I got tested.

Giraffe (He/Him) 01-19-2022 8:38am

+

Blademaker 01-19-2022 8:38am

Tested negative last summer.
Caught the latest Wuhan lite that knocked me on my ass over the holidays.

Stangkiller 01-19-2022 8:41am

I’ve had it twice (last Feb and again dec 26th)…and currently quarantining with my 4y/o who was exposed on Monday.

04 commemorative 01-19-2022 8:44am

Never had a test so I voted pie .....if I had the ying chang vid I didn't even know .

Dan47 01-19-2022 8:45am

I had to test for a sinus surgery. Also negative.

Don Rickles 01-19-2022 8:46am

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99 pewtercoupe (Post 1935262)
A negative Covid test administered by the hospital was a requirement prior to having a colonoscopy last month. That was the only reason I got tested.

Hmmm, this bring up my last dental cleaning.....

I received IMO, inferior treatment being unvaxed....Their reasoning was no air bournes allowed from orbital tools from the unvaxed.....HELLO, the vaccination DOESN'T STOP THE SPREAD....So their policies along with MY decision actually placed me in greater danger of receiving airbournes from some previously cleaned (orbitals allowed) vaxed fugger.....

Ok that makes sense.....:issues:

MikeB 01-19-2022 8:50am

The last time I was tested, negative.
The first time I was tested, Positive.
Did not vote because only 1 choice available.

BayouCountry 01-19-2022 9:08am

Oops, selected No instead of Pie. Maybe Not tested would have been a better option than Pie?

Week two of a mild cold or? Took Theraflu the first couple nights mostly for a good sleep.

dwjz06 01-19-2022 9:13am

+

DJ_Critterus 01-19-2022 9:22am

I've only taken the test once and that was to get into the Jimmy Buffett concert. Obviously it was negative.

StaticCling 01-19-2022 9:30am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Ben (Post 1935260)
Have had no symptoms so no test taken.

Testing just for the sake of testing is a waste of testing kits.

This.

I have a few at home kits if the need arises.

Zed16 01-19-2022 9:32am

We attended a wedding New Year's Eve and afterwards heard many people got Covid. Wife was positive but I tested negative. :island14:

04 commemorative 01-19-2022 9:44am

Laurie had to get tested for a procedure and was -

Dan Dlabay 01-19-2022 9:51am

No test. :cert:

ratflinger 01-19-2022 10:24am

Might take an antigen test one day, just to see if I ever had wuflu, but otherwise I won't bother.

Torqaholic 01-19-2022 10:52am

No, my last medical test was to get hired for the job I retired from. Something like thirty years ago.

Iron Chef 01-19-2022 12:27pm

Caught the flu, but tested negative for Covid.

gs568 01-19-2022 1:21pm

Tested long ago when this first started. So far haven’t been sick. No vaccine either.

The_Dude 01-19-2022 2:43pm

Kid tested positive today, so I have to test negative before I can go back to work. Getting tested in a couple of hours.

Vandelay Industries 01-19-2022 3:42pm

Had to get tested last summer before surgery--Negative
Got tested again about a month ago when I came down with my annual sinus infection--Negative as expected. If not for having parents/inlaws in their 80s, would not have bothered at all with a test.

Aerovette 01-19-2022 4:21pm

Aerovette 01-19-2022 4:43pm

I get tested 2 or three times a week.

More if I choose to.

Best part is the information goes nowhere. I am not on any statistics.

theandies 01-19-2022 4:54pm

Been tested every week since August. All -

ZipZap 01-19-2022 5:15pm

Way back when the test was first available, and the vax was not, I worked at a location where if you had so much as a sneeze, you had to either sit out for 14 days, or have a negative test. At that time the symptoms were pretty vague, so basically, take a sick day and don't come back without a negative test. I worked in an area where work from home was impossible unless you wanted a visit from the Fed's. Negative.

Bill 01-19-2022 5:32pm

No test here. I had a sinus cold a few weeks ago. Horrible drainage.....felt bad for about 3 days, then had residual congestion for several weeks. No loss of taste or smell, so I don't think it was the Wu flu.

Other than that, the only time I was sick this whole artificial crisis was when I rode with one of my employees, who was very sick for about a week after getting his second injection. He said he was better, but after riding with him, I got sick. Friggen' shedding spike proteins probably got me.

I try to stay away from injected people.

Aerovette 01-19-2022 5:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1935396)
No test here. I had a sinus cold a few weeks ago. Horrible drainage.....felt bad for about 3 days, then had residual congestion for several weeks. No loss of taste or smell, so I don't think it was the Wu flu.

Other than that, the only time I was sick this whole artificial crisis was when I rode with one of my employees, who was very sick for about a week after getting his second injection. He said he was better, but after riding with him, I got sick. Friggen' shedding spike proteins probably got me.

I try to stay away from injected people.

You were involved in a "vaccident".

Bill 01-19-2022 5:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1935398)
You were involved in a "vaccident".

:ohnoes:

bsmith 01-19-2022 9:52pm

Three negative tests over the last two years.

Not sure how I've avoided it so far.
6 people on my floor at work, 4 have tested positive since Christmas.
Now several of our other employees are out sick that work on another floor, but come up to ours occasionally.

dwjz06 01-19-2022 10:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsmith (Post 1935436)
Three negative tests over the last two years.

Not sure how I've avoided it so far.
6 people on my floor at work, 4 have tested positive since Christmas.
Now several of our other employees are out sick that work on another floor, but come up to ours occasionally.

I was pretty much the same until the end of December. My turn I guess:D

Scissors 01-19-2022 11:49pm

No test came back positive, despite having done nothing to avoid infection before getting vaccinated, however:

There's "testing negative" and then there's the far more gray "infected enough to impact others".

Rapid antibody tests only look for antibodies. They are wholly dependent on whether you've been previously infected or vaccinated, how long you've been exposed, the mechanism of exposure, initial viral load, and a host of other factors specific to how your body fights off infections. PCR tests are more accurate, detecting actual presence of the virus (or at least its genetic markers), but still doesn't necessarily indicate the probability that you can or will infect others.

To be fair, I was part of one of the first mass spreader events, right when we realized it was in the U.S., so that probably contributed to my resistance thereafter.

Aerovette 01-19-2022 11:50pm

1 Attachment(s)
I'm thinking of getting this for work...

ft laud mike 01-20-2022 5:41am

not tested, don't care...what is the purpose of being tested? If I'm sick, I take vitamins, drink water and sleep
testing doesn't change that

LisaJohn 01-20-2022 7:32am

Day 13 or maybe 14. “They” said 5. Liars!

Shrike6 01-20-2022 7:46am

No benefit to being tested. So, not gonna play the home game.

Aerovette 01-20-2022 8:08am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scissors (Post 1935448)
No test came back positive, despite having done nothing to avoid infection before getting vaccinated, however:

There's "testing negative" and then there's the far more gray "infected enough to impact others".

Rapid antigen tests only look for antigens. They are wholly dependent on whether you've been previously infected or vaccinated, how long you've been exposed, the mechanism of exposure, initial viral load, and a host of other factors specific to how your body fights off infections. PCR tests are more accurate, detecting actual presence of the virus (or at least its genetic markers), but still doesn't necessarily indicate the probability that you can or will infect others.

To be fair, I was part of one of the first mass spreader events, right when we realized in was in the U.S., so that probably contributed to my reistantance therafter.

Are you confusing antigen with antibody testing?

Aerovette 01-20-2022 8:11am

https://mdmedicalgroup.us/antigen-vs...he-difference/

MadInNc 01-20-2022 10:03am

1 Attachment(s)
Porter keeps sending me his test results

The_Dude 01-20-2022 12:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Dude (Post 1935362)
Kid tested positive today, so I have to test negative before I can go back to work. Getting tested in a couple of hours.

negative

MadInNc 01-20-2022 12:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Dude (Post 1935533)
negative

get back to work slacker:leaving:

zeek 01-20-2022 2:42pm

What is the advantage if any, of getting tested? Unless required for work it is a waste of time. I had what I believe was the rona last week. Took Mucinex and now Im over it. What would being tested have accomplished?

The_Dude 01-20-2022 4:11pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MadInNc (Post 1935536)
get back to work slacker:leaving:

I've been working from home. I wasn't ever sick.

dvarapala 01-20-2022 5:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeek (Post 1935541)
What is the advantage if any, of getting tested? Unless required for work it is a waste of time. I had what I believe was the rona last week. Took Mucinex and now Im over it. What would being tested have accomplished?

The government would find out and quarantine everyone you came in contact with (using the tracking data being gathered by your smart phone).

:yesnod:

ZipZap 01-20-2022 6:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvarapala (Post 1935568)
The government would find out and quarantine everyone you came in contact with (using the tracking data being gathered by your smart phone).

:yesnod:

So a positive COVID test is now justification for the FBI to issue a NSL under the Patriot Act?:rofl::rofl:

Please tell me you tried to find the sarcasm font:seasix:

Don Rickles 01-20-2022 8:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeek (Post 1935541)

What is it they say, about people that answer a question with a question....?

"So the person who answers the question with the question means that he / she is convinced that he / she is superior or wiser than the other person."

You need either proof of vax OR a NEG TEST, to live now a days for one....:confused5:

Some might just want to know...

Shall I cont......:confused5:

Scissors 01-20-2022 8:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1935471)
Are you confusing antigen with antibody testing?

Yes, I misspoke. I meant antibody.

zeek 01-20-2022 9:06pm

1 Attachment(s)
This......

Torqaholic 01-20-2022 10:54pm

Apparently control freaks don't like being control freaked :rofl:

slewfoot 01-21-2022 9:07am

I'm fully vaxxed. I had to get tested for Cataract surgery a few months ago and that was it. If you don't have symptoms ,why get tested? So they can claim "I'm fine and run around recklessly, then fkn die."

It's like some guy taking a pregnancy test

Dan47 01-22-2022 8:39am

Quote:

Originally Posted by slewfoot (Post 1935666)
I'm fully vaxxed. I had to get tested for Cataract surgery a few months ago and that was it. If you don't have symptoms ,why get tested? So they can claim "I'm fine and run around recklessly, then fkn die."

It's like some guy taking a pregnancy test

How does one “run around recklessly, then fkn die” after taking a covid test?

zeek 01-22-2022 10:07am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Rickles (Post 1935597)
What is it they say, about people that answer a question with a question....?

"So the person who answers the question with the question means that he / she is convinced that he / she is superior or wiser than the other person."

You need either proof of vax OR a NEG TEST, to live now a days for one....:confused5:

Some might just want to know...

Shall I cont......:confused5:

I agree with that statement...:seasix:

Why do you need proof of vax etc?....I have not one time been required to show my papers.....:confused5:

16again 01-22-2022 10:14am

Had a negative test late November as requirement for hand surgery.

Giraffe (He/Him) 01-22-2022 11:01am

End of week #1 with no taste or smell.

:banghead:

Aerovette 01-22-2022 11:12am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giraffe (Post 1935965)
End of week #1 with no taste or smell.

:banghead:

I had 4 weeks with no sense of smell. About 2 with no taste if I can recall.

I ate a bowl a cereal that was 100% akin to eating packing peanuts.

Giraffe (He/Him) 01-22-2022 11:14am

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1935968)
I had 4 weeks with no sense of smell. About 2 with no taste if I can recall.

I ate a bowl a cereal that was 100% akin to eating packing peanuts.

I think I'd be OK with no smell for a bit but this no taste thing sucks ass. I had a frozen pizza last night and I may as well have been eating the cardboard it came on.

Aerovette 01-22-2022 11:28am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giraffe (Post 1935969)
I think I'd be OK with no smell for a bit but this no taste thing sucks ass. I had a frozen pizza last night and I may as well have been eating the cardboard it came on.

When my sense of smell came back, it wasn't the same. Still isn't. Taste was altered too. When the smell was coming back, I kept smelling something burning. The lingering effect is almost like bad eyesight. The distance I am from something changes the smell. Coffee right under my nose, smells good. From a few feet away it smells like someone threw up.

I heard that Lipoic acid is supposed to improve the smell part, I started taking it, but I'm not sure it has done anything.

Don Rickles 01-22-2022 1:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeek (Post 1935956)
I agree with that statement...:seasix:

Humble too....:barf:

Why do you need proof of vax etc?....I have not one time been required to show my papers.....:confused5:

Answered

Don Rickles 01-22-2022 1:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1935970)
When my sense of smell came back, it wasn't the same. Still isn't. Taste was altered too. When the smell was coming back, I kept smelling something burning. The lingering effect is almost like bad eyesight. The distance I am from something changes the smell. Coffee right under my nose, smells good. From a few feet away it smells like someone threw up.

I heard that Lipoic acid is supposed to improve the smell part, I started taking it, but I'm not sure it has done anything.

My sense of smell returned stronger!:seasix:

zeek 01-22-2022 1:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Rickles (Post 1936007)
My smell returned stronger!:seasix:

Ya know they sell deodorant for that....:seasix: :D

MEANZ06 01-22-2022 1:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeek (Post 1936008)

:Jeff '79:

Don Rickles 01-22-2022 3:11pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeek (Post 1936008)

Don’t you have sumthin better to do brag, drill holes or inhale some more rust dust?

I’ve in my life never met or more modest humble intelligent handsome **** like you……

Maybe if you tried attending something a little higher class then your normal pig raping party, you get the reasoning for the need of getting a negative test result……

Hey you have a boogie on your lip too….

zeek 01-22-2022 8:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Rickles (Post 1936061)

I’ve in my life never met or more modest humble intelligent handsome **** like you……

You're welcome! You should feel honored......and no I dont....that's a beauty mark :D

theandies 01-23-2022 3:34am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Don Rickles (Post 1936061)
Don’t you have sumthin better to do brag, drill holes or inhale some more rust dust?

Maybe if you tried attending something a little higher class then your normal pig raping party, you get the reasoning for the need of getting a negative test result……

Don Rickles should be able to take an insult or two.

snide 01-23-2022 7:55am

Quote:

Originally Posted by theandies (Post 1936166)

:shrug: Usually, pricks like him can only dish out the insults, not take them. :shrug:

Don Rickles 01-23-2022 8:09am

Quote:

Originally Posted by theandies (Post 1936166)

:rofl:
Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1936171)
:shrug: Usually, pricks like him can only dish out the insults, not take them. :shrug:

Give me your best shot?

Andies. I thought we had a bond, you know C3 lovers and all....?:D

Hecklers, good grief.......what you both fail to understand is that Zeek and I have been "insulting" each other for like a decade....

He knows exactly what's meant by my pokes and we both give and take these insults understandingly......:seasix:

Now, go back to your seats and enjoy the show!:kimblair::D

You must not be payin attention, DJ's the "dick/prick" resident expert here.....:cert: (even DJ understands:seasix:).