The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   C5 Open Discussion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   HELP !! 1999 C-5 DO I HAVE A BAD BCM ? (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124832)

LEESVET 01-30-2021 2:12pm

HELP !! 1999 C-5 DO I HAVE A BAD BCM ?

suddenly my dash lites started to flicker, along with all the 'display lites' on the a/c control, stereo, and any other little letter or indicator lites.
The front day time marker lites are OUT, The front turn signals do not work but they both flicker fast. When I use the TS lever BOTH of the dash arrows lite up and both flash.
The front flashers BOTH flicker fast, not really flashing,,,,more flickering.
The REAR turn signals are NOT affected.
When I turn the parking lites or the head lites ON, the flickering on the dash STOPS, but both TS arrows come on, stay on but the outside TS bulbs is dark until a TS is used then it flickers again.

When I turn the Key to ON or RUN, all is normal for 5 seconds THEN the dash starts to flicker again. When I start it the same things happen.
The display for the DIC , driver info seems to work, I CAN push the buttons to get gauges, trip miles, etc BUT the lite is flickering so its hard to read sometimes...

Does this sound like the BCM failing??? or the Turn signal lever ??? or a short in the dash display ?

The ONLY thing that has been done lately is I installed sylvania silver star bulbs in the front running lites AND the blinker/marker lite about 2 weeks ago. Nothing else has been touched or changed. NO LED'S WERE INSTALLED.

Vegas 01-30-2021 2:15pm

What year?

Vert, water intrusion? Ground?

LEESVET 01-30-2021 2:20pm

'99 water? possibly, but I do not see any leaks in the dash area...

Rikki Z-06 01-30-2021 3:10pm

Did you pull the passenger side footwell cover over the module to check for moisture?

LEESVET 01-30-2021 3:31pm

checked around the area, carpet not wet. did not pull panel completely off but WILL do that to be SURE

jmg2 02-04-2021 5:24pm

what year?!?

Aerovette 02-04-2021 5:41pm

How new is your battery? My 04 completely flaked out when my battery weakened. I thought it was a goner. New battery, no problems.

Rikki Z-06 02-04-2021 6:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 1853739)
How new is your battery? My 04 completely flaked out when my battery weakened. I thought it was a goner. New battery, no problems.

:withstupid:

Badger97 02-01-2022 5:28pm

highly unlikely an ebcm issue. If it were, you'd see ABS/active handling errors, and you'd get a code.

check your ground points. I think there's 3 in the c5. Bad/corroded ground points cause all sorts of weird electrical issues.

Edit: here's a link on how to check your ground points:

Checking ground points on a c5