The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Violated a cardinal rule today (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117524)

69camfrk 10-13-2018 5:50pm

Violated a cardinal rule today

Went to the damn grocery store hungry. Came home with $200 worth of chips, dip, wings, Fruity Pebbles, olives, and beer. How the hell does that happen?????

Thunder22 10-13-2018 5:52pm

be thankful you didn't go to costco, you would have bought all of that stuff in mass quantities.

simpleman68 10-13-2018 5:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69camfrk (Post 1646270)
Went to the damn grocery store hungry. Came home with $200 worth of chips, dip, wings, Fruity Pebbles, olives, and beer. How the hell does that happen?????

Well, to be fair, the Fruity Pebbles are rich in Iron and Folic acid.

Of course, 1 bowl has juuuuust a bit more sugar than a Snickers bar. :leaving:
Scott

DAB 10-13-2018 6:00pm

this is why Mrs. DAB has banned me from going to the grocery store, except for forgotten items that i can pick up when i'm running other errands. list in hand. stick to the list!

she does the normal shopping, right after breakfast.

mrvette 10-13-2018 6:15pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1646275)
this is why Mrs. DAB has banned me from going to the grocery store, except for forgotten items that i can pick up when i'm running other errands. list in hand. stick to the list!

I volunteer to go with my wife to Walmart on her weekly pilGRIMage and I get discouraged......to put it mildly....seems the cart attracts all sorts of odd stuff that somehow JUMPS from the shelf into the cart like some kind of magic.....

:lol:

DAB 10-13-2018 6:17pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 1646278)
I volunteer to go with my wife to Walmart on her weekly pilGRIMage and I get discouraged......to put it mildly....seems the cart attracts all sorts of odd stuff that somehow JUMPS from the shelf into the cart like some kind of magic.....

and you get to check out, and she asks "how did this get in our cart?"

"dunno, may as well keep it, take too long to put it back" :dance:

69camfrk 10-13-2018 6:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1646275)

There was no list today.:sadangel:

DAB 10-13-2018 6:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69camfrk (Post 1646281)
There was no list today.:sadangel:

ah yes, free range, hungry shopping.....nothing good happens at that point.

i'm betting you got none of the following: celery, carrots, apples, fish, pasta, yogurt, eggs, granola.

:slap:

Giraffe (He/Him) 10-13-2018 6:31pm

Quote:

Violated a cardinal

Seriously? A CARDINAL? That's like five steps up from a priest. Go big or go home right?

simpleman68 10-13-2018 7:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas (Post 1646285)
Seriously? A CARDINAL? That's like five steps up from a priest. Go big or go home right?

Turnabout is fair play... :leaving:
Scott

69camfrk 10-13-2018 7:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1646282)
ah yes, free range, hungry shopping.....nothing good happens at that point.

i'm betting you got none of the following: celery, carrots, apples, fish, pasta, yogurt, eggs, granola.

:slap:

Well, in my defense, I did get eggs. I knew we were out. Yogurt...ah yes....the yogurt. Hell yeah I got yogurt, with oreos you stir in!!! The rest of what you mentioned..umm..not so much. But I'm totally redeemed for getting eggs and yogurt....right????:rofl:

69camfrk 10-13-2018 7:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas (Post 1646285)

A Cardinal wouldn't like me. I'm entirely out of their age range.:leaving:

JRD77VET 10-13-2018 7:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69camfrk (Post 1646301)
Well, in my defense, I did get eggs. I knew we were out. Yogurt...ah yes....the yogurt. Hell yeah I got yogurt, with oreos you stir in!!! The rest of what you mentioned..umm..not so much. But I'm totally redeemed for getting eggs and yogurt....right????:rofl:

Beer is made with hops which is a plant.

Plants are vegetables :yesnod:

Therefore, beer is on the "approved" list :datawiz:

DAB 10-13-2018 8:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 69camfrk (Post 1646301)

:rolleyes:

You were doing well until you added Oreos to yogurt. :slap:

78SA 10-13-2018 8:44pm

69camfrk 10-14-2018 6:57am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1646309)
:rolleyes:

You were doing well until you added Oreos to yogurt. :slap:

Giving it the old college try is all ya can do!:lol:

69camfrk 10-14-2018 8:52am

I know you guys ain't gonna believe this shit, but my wife had the audacity to tell me she had made out a grocery list this morning. WTF do we need toilet paper for? Doesn't that extra bag of Goldfish I bought yesterday cover that? Some of the leftover wings weren't bad for breakfast either, but that was after a bowl of Fruity Pebbles. I think I failed to mention that I had my 14 year old son with me, who was hungry too. I'm never taking him back to the grocery store with me, because he was definitely not a good influence. Dab, when I saw the yogurt with oreos, he was like, "just put them in the cart". So much for my kid being a voice of reason....:leaving:

04 commemorative 10-14-2018 9:14am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunder22 (Post 1646272)
be thankful you didn't go to costco, you would have bought all of that stuff in mass quantities.

Ha :lol: beat me to it :willy:

69camfrk 10-14-2018 9:26am

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04 commemorative (Post 1646338)
Ha :lol: beat me to it :willy:

Good thing we don't have a Costco here. I would have emptied my bank account. Worst thing is, I knew I was screwing up and did it anyway. I was sure that I could maintain a sense of self control, knowing that if my past behavior was any indication that things would not turn out well. My wife and my oldest son have been having a field day with this one.:lol: