The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   New Night Court (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131536)

Aerovette 02-22-2023 4:42pm

New Night Court

Yes, it is a stupid show. Agreed. Very simple and obvious humor. That said, I remember the original and I liked it. I started watching the new one and the first 5 episodes were ok. A simple escape from news and the world. Last night I tuned in to episode 6 and they had to fk it all up with a racial message.

I tuned in to ESCAPE the politics and BS and for 5 shows it allowed that, but dammit if they didn't have to go and mess it all up. I'll give it another shot next week and if it's some agenda driven BS, I'm out.

Why does EVERYTHING have to have some social spin?

6spdC6 02-22-2023 4:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 2055079)
Yes, it is a stupid show. Agreed. Very simple and obvious humor. That said, I remember the original and I liked it. I started watching the new one and the first 5 episodes were ok. A simple escape from news and the world. Last night I tuned in to episode 6 and they had to fk it all up with a racial message.

I tuned in to ESCAPE the politics and BS and for 5 shows it allowed that, but dammit if they didn't have to go and mess it all up. I'll give it another shot next week and if it's some agenda driven BS, I'm out.

Why does EVERYTHING have to have some social spin
?

Because our masters know what is best for us comrade!

PS loved the old night court, this new one sucks canal water!

Yadkin 02-22-2023 4:53pm

I'm on season three of Jack Ryan. :yesnod:

Bruze 02-22-2023 4:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 2055079)

Why does EVERYTHING have to have some social spin?

Because of Cultural Marxism.

As for Night Court, I used to watch the original show and liked it. When the new one came out a month or so ago, I watched but was bored. Without Markie Post in it (who is deceased anyway) it just isn't the same.

https://files-cdn.sharenator.com/2020/05/555-4.jpg

https://files-cdn.sharenator.com/202...3-558x1024.jpg

Aerovette 02-22-2023 5:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruze (Post 2055088)

As for Night Court, I used to watch the original show and liked it. When the new one came out a month or so ago, I watched but was bored. Without Markie Post in it (who is deceased anyway) it just isn't the same.

So far no hookers in the new one either. :D

Markie Post was smokin'

Onebadcad 02-22-2023 6:03pm

Almost all commercials, network shows, daytime talk shows and movies have a consistent theme and message.
We know the message, it is trite, and with purposeful intent to spew guilt on those who were never participants in their many false tales.

This why I only watch reruns of sheen, fat doug and michael scott.

Chuck A 02-22-2023 6:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruze (Post 2055088)

https://files-cdn.sharenator.com/2020/05/555-4.jpg

https://files-cdn.sharenator.com/202...3-558x1024.jpg

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
very sexy, indeed

LATB 02-22-2023 7:13pm

Melissa Rauch will always be Bernadette Rostenkowski.

DJ_Critterus 02-22-2023 10:42pm

The first episode was so bad that I couldn't watch another. And then there's theproblem of not having a hot chick like Markie Post on the show, either.... ughhh....

Bruze 02-22-2023 10:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by aerovette (Post 2055091)
So far no hookers in the new one either. :D

Markie Post was smokin'

I remember one episode that went something like this:

I don't remember the context or anything, but she was wearing (I think) a blue suit with her back to the camera and facing Dan the Gash Hound.

Suddenly she opens her top and bares it for Dan. Of course we don't see anything and I'm sure he didn't either, but the fantasy got the testosterone flowing.

It's probably on Youtube somewhere but I'm too lazy to look it up.

Moond0ggie 02-22-2023 11:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onebadcad (Post 2055110)
Almost all commercials, network shows, daytime talk shows and movies have a consistent theme and message.
We know the message, it is trite, and with purposeful intent to spew guilt on those who were never participants in their many false tales.

This why I only watch reruns of sheen, fat doug and michael scott.

Exactly, they have bastardized the artistic-creative aspect of the craft, which once was a vehicle to solely entertain the masses
and they now use it as a conduit to transmit an underlying concept of ideology designed to reshape social norms .

Jughead 02-23-2023 6:13am

I quit watching network sitcoms years ago......just too stupid even for me.

:D

LATB 02-23-2023 6:39am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jughead (Post 2055203)
I quit watching network sitcoms years ago......just too stupid even for me.

:D

We watch the old reruns. The political incorrectness is entertaining.

Black94lt1 02-23-2023 7:12am

I loved the original, so far the new one is OK

Aerovette 02-23-2023 8:28am

It's not meant to be the "thinking man's" humor. It was predictable, corny, simple, and NOT news...until this week. They chose to get politically stupid.

mrvette 02-23-2023 8:43am

As a kid in the early 50's and my folks had a TV, so I watched lots of the old tyme shows, Roy Rogers, Cisco Kid, etc.......but got bored with kids crap by time '58 or so came around......then more interested in the adult shows after the evening news, the news was boring unless something CAT ASS Trophic happened......by the start of the 70's I was established in the TV repair business/shop manager/head tech.....back in the vacuum tube daze.....understood it ALL, from 6CW4 through 6JE6, even KT88/EL34

then came transistors, and so off doing engineering tech help, building what the engineers wanted built....and then flying all over this nation, fixing field install issues.....Chips Ahoy!!!

Vandelay Industries 02-23-2023 9:49am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruze (Post 2055178)
I remember one episode that went something like this:

I don't remember the context or anything, but she was wearing (I think) a blue suit with her back to the camera and facing Dan the Gash Hound.

Suddenly she opens her top and bares it for Dan. Of course we don't see anything and I'm sure he didn't either, but the fantasy got the testosterone flowing.

It's probably on Youtube somewhere but I'm too lazy to look it up.

I found this...

Bruze 02-23-2023 10:11am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vandelay Industries (Post 2055261)

That's it! I'm old and so is the show, so I got the color of her suit wrong, and it wasn't Dan that she flashed, but I got the main theme right, lol. :hurray:

Ok I had to look it up. She did it to help Harry win an arm wrestling bet over something. Very realistic and I'm sure it would work IRL also, haha!

It's a 2:15 clip, it happens in the first 20 seconds for the impatient ones out there, like my feathered little buddy that hangs out "elsewhere." https://i.imgur.com/jkx6Zdo.gif

DJ_Critterus 02-23-2023 10:13am

Quote:

Originally Posted by LATB (Post 2055206)
We watch the old reruns. The political incorrectness is entertaining.

I watch Married With Children all the time when it's on. :yesnod:

Onebadcad 02-23-2023 10:35am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ_Critterus (Post 2055268)
I watch Married With Children all the time when it's on. :yesnod:

In FEB 1993, I went to Maui for 8 days, won a sales contest, Ed was at same hotel, saw him two mornings in a row at the hotel gym, very approachable, as he knew my in-laws from Youngstown.
In the gym he wore his blue Polk High School 33 shirt.

Very glad he continues to be a success, as not like the rest of those hwood pricks.