The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Hey NOX (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124097)

Dan Dlabay 11-16-2020 7:55pm

If you are going to send our military in send it in with no rules of engagement. The Soviets went in and after more than 10 years they gave up and withdrew. Has the politicians forgot a place called Vietnam.

Steve_R 11-16-2020 8:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06psi (Post 1823252)
Launching platform? For what?

This I gotta hear.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO (Post 1823259)
Please detail what policies were "extreme right"

Quote:

Originally Posted by VITE1 (Post 1823264)
We spend more on the "War on Poverty" each year than the combined costs of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. How about ending that massive failure?

:waiting:

VITE1 11-16-2020 8:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLS1GTO (Post 1823259)
Please detail what policies were "extreme right"

Self Reliance, Limited government, Low taxes, and the ever horrible self discipline.

z06psi 11-16-2020 8:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by VITE1 (Post 1823274)
Self Reliance, Limited government, Low taxes, and the ever horrible self discipline.

Don't forget personal responsibility.

z06psi 11-16-2020 8:43pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_R (Post 1823273)
:waiting:

Don't you just love people, with zero skin in the game their entire lives, trying to act like they know?

Steve_R 11-16-2020 8:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06psi (Post 1823288)
Don't you just love people, with zero skin in the game their entire lives, trying to act like they know?

He doesn’t even act well. It’s painfully obvious he’s clueless.

Anjdog2003 11-16-2020 8:54pm

I love when members that never served have the answers. :yesnod:

Rikki Z-06 11-16-2020 8:59pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06psi (Post 1823288)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_R (Post 1823296)
He doesn’t even act well. It’s painfully obvious he’s clueless.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anjdog2003 (Post 1823297)

Thank You Brothers. :cert:

snide 11-16-2020 9:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nox (Post 1823186)
I think Afghanistan and Iraq are just festering wounds that will never heal. All we do is to pick at the scabs, when we should be amputating those limbs once and for all. The people and culture have not changed in a millennia and won’t just because we go in to babysit. I think a military incursion is just a big waste of time.

I am not that worried about anything Trump does moving forward. I’m more worried about what Biden will do when he takes office.

*if
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nox (Post 1823191)
Let’s start with he got elected.

He didn't get elected yet.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff '79 (Post 1823194)
ya, sooooo, he did.
What are the concerns from a military standpoint ?

No.
Quote:

Originally Posted by VatorMan (Post 1823230)
Shrub Bush started that whole mess invading Iraq and as NOX said, the festering wound Afghanistan. I truly wonder what our national debt would be right now without both of those ? Obama kept pushing when he promised to bring the boys home and close Gitmo He did neither.

Trump is doing what he pledged- even if he might be on his way out. Keeping promises unlike a 50 year .Gov employee that just got elected will EVER do.

No.
Quote:

Originally Posted by z06psi (Post 1823285)
Don't forget personal responsibility.

That's crazy talk!!!!

Giraffe (He/Him) 11-16-2020 10:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anjdog2003 (Post 1823297)

:rofl: :rofl: Wait! :rofl::rofl:

Well *I* love when members think unless you served, you’re not entitled to an opinion.

:rofl::rofl: Wait. Lemme catch my breath. :rofl::rofl:

SnikPlosskin 11-16-2020 10:21pm

Leftists: “no endless wars”
Trump “I’m ending the wars”
Leftists “We want endless wars!”

What a world.

Anjdog2003 11-16-2020 11:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas (Post 1823338)

Well *I* love when members think unless you served, you’re not entitled to an opinion.

Wait. lemme catch my breath. :rofl::rofl:

:funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79:

:funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79: '79::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funniest::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::funnier::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79::Jeff '79:

z06psi 11-17-2020 4:23am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas (Post 1823338)

Opinion or an informed opinion?

Giraffe (He/Him) 11-17-2020 5:03am

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06psi (Post 1823357)
Opinion or an informed opinion?

Tell me.

What insight does someone who served give them over someone who did not? Are they privy to some inside information per say? And please. Don't say 'You wouldn't understand.' You should be able to articulate why.

For argument sake lets say John Doe enlisted at 20 years old, served his three (?) years active duty, returned home, found employment then served another five in reserves. Somehow I find it hard to believe Mr. Doe -now in his 50's- became a foreign policy expert. You can even extend this out to someone who served twenty years if you'd like.

And yes. I support the military 110%.

z06psi 11-17-2020 7:04am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas (Post 1823359)
Tell me.

What insight does someone who served give them over someone who did not? Are they privy to some inside information per say? And please. Don't say 'You wouldn't understand.' You should be able to articulate why.

For argument sake lets say John Doe enlisted at 20 years old, served his three (?) years active duty, returned home, found employment then served another five in reserves. Somehow I find it hard to believe Mr. Doe -now in his 50's- became a foreign policy expert. You can even extend this out to someone who served twenty years if you'd like.

And yes. I support the military 110%.

I will speak from my 27 years 9 day experience.

I served in positions from a private to senior executive level NCO working for the OSD. 5 combat deployments blah, blah, blah, blah.

Being on the ground gives you a different perspective when you are amongst the people of a country. For example.

Bosnia, they wanted us there for the most part. However, they also stated from all sides that once we leave they will fight again. Afghanistan, a disjointed tribal mentality where the president of their country is really only mayor of a district in Kabul. Iraq, the men are like Jeff'79. Sheeple sideline sitters. Bitch in local circles but will never band together to face off with a dictator.

We should have never went into Iraq nor Afghanistan. Both situations were hopeless from the beginning no matter what the media or leadership tells you.

N. Korea (while working for the OSD). The media had it all wrong which is where the people like Jeff'79 gets his opinions from. I was literally elbows deep in that entire ordeal. I cannot say much at all because it is classified but I tell you the media had it all wrong and was 180 degrees out from what was being done.

The media usually gets it all wrong from the ground truth. After being in Service that long whether on the ground or in a "war room" in a major command you come to realize that.

I sincerely hope that Jeff'79 answers what he meant by "launching platform" but he won't. He will cowardly walk away from it because he knows he doesn't know.

Nox hit it right on the head with his assessment but it seems to me Jeff'79 will go on thinking the way he does in ignorant bliss.

z06psi 11-17-2020 7:20am

Another point.

I have obviously been in D and R administrations.

D administrations are not good. The force suffers and more importantly the readiness suffers tremendously.

We have a strategic policy to fight two wars at the same time.

Readiness falls to such a critical level under Ds (really globalists in general) where that is not possible.

A Biden administration will be no different. The Chinese know that.

We would need to cancel that long standing policy but it would come with risks.

Giraffe (He/Him) 11-17-2020 7:28am

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06psi (Post 1823365)
I will speak from my 27 years 9 day experience,,,,,,,

Thanks for responding. :cert:

And you're absolutely right - your first hand knowledge give's you a different perspective. I'd never in a million years challenge that.

But this?

Quote:

I love when members that never served have the answers.
Is a bullshit response from a fool. Jeff is absolutely entitled to his opinion which was my entire point. The whole notion of 'You never served so STFU' is, well, stupid.

Now. If he were to tell you how to behave in a combat situation having never served? I'd join the STFU chorus.

z06psi 11-17-2020 7:42am

Again. An uninformed opinion.

Some here have skin in the game. Some here will never live down what they did or saw.

There is a reason why the phrase "You wouldn't understand" exists.

You can't even understand that.

Giraffe (He/Him) 11-17-2020 7:50am

Further thoughts,,,

It's typical here (Hell MOST places) that when someone makes the You never served comment the 'Likes' come in fast and furious. But I see these and wonder to myself; was this person a career military individual? If they were, what was their position? Did they see combat, live and work amongst the natives - so to speak- or work in a supply chain capacity somewhere? (Just an example) Or were they someone who enlisted for 2-5 years and got out. 25 years ago.

If they're the latter? You don't get to play that card regarding anything current IMHO. If you're the former? That's a different story.

z06psi 11-17-2020 7:52am

Retired late 2018. Still serve DoD today.