The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   From Motherfucker to Sir in 1 Minute: Cops Taze 75yo (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126403)

Bill 07-23-2021 4:12pm

From Motherfucker to Sir in 1 Minute: Cops Taze 75yo

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...-year-78825674

Bill 07-23-2021 4:17pm

~complaining neighbor woman is drunk or high

~cops bang on door but don't announce as police

~cop immediately charges old guy, withdraws, tells old guy to put down shark jaw

~old guy puts it down and walks away from it

~cops tell guy to get down on ground, at same time to walk outside

~guy says no, starts telling his side of story

~a few seconds later, old guy in boxer shorts only is tazed unconscious

mrvette 07-23-2021 4:54pm

OK, Watt is a 'shark jaw'????

Bill 07-23-2021 5:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 1899479)
OK, Watt is a 'shark jaw'????

The cops called it a serrated, 'toothed' machete, the guy's lawyer says it was a fish jaw. Hard to tell from the video, other than we can see he opened the door with it, put it down immediately when asked, and then later, after the cop tazed him, they moved it from where the old guy put it and tossed it on the floor by the door.

ZipZap 07-23-2021 5:11pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1899480)
The cops called it a serrated, 'toothed' machete, the guy's lawyer says it was a fish jaw. Hard to tell from the video, other than we can see he opened the door with it, put it down immediately when asked, and then later, after the cop tazed him, they moved it from where the old guy put it and tossed it on the floor by the door.

I think I heard that it was the bill of a sawfish.

Rodnok1 07-23-2021 5:40pm

I didn't see any reason for them to taze that guy, especially that quickly. He didn't do anything menacing i saw. He wasn't holding a weapon even. Not saying he wasn't a dick bag if he slapped that woman...

Anjdog2003 07-23-2021 5:45pm

Twelve minutes to long

Grey Ghost 07-23-2021 7:40pm

Knock, knock...

Land Shark

https://media.giphy.com/media/TimBD4PWIggkE/giphy.gif

Datawiz 07-23-2021 9:03pm

Not watching a 15 minute video.

ZipZap 07-23-2021 9:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by datawiz (Post 1899532)
Not watching a 15 minute video.

Just catch the first few and listen to a woman complain about a specious attack and a fat old guy comply with police instructions and get the shock treatment. Independent of whether the woman's report was accurate, the guy complied with the order to drop the "shark knife" and was zapped anyway.

Torqaholic 07-23-2021 9:10pm

So that's what it's like to live in a zoo. No wonder they go insane. Strangers living on the other side of your walls... Good grief.

Torqaholic 07-23-2021 9:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZipZap (Post 1899533)
Just catch the first few and listen to a woman complain about a specious attack and a fat old guy comply with police instructions and get the shock treatment. Independent of whether the woman's report was accurate, the guy complied with the order to drop the "shark knife" and was zapped anyway.

He was zapped for not getting down on the floor as he was told. I wouldn't be in a rush to comply myself but to think you can completely ignore such a command while having a gun pointed at your face is a really bad idea.

Millenium Vette 07-23-2021 9:29pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torqaholic (Post 1899538)
He was zapped for not getting down on the floor as he was told. I wouldn't be in a rush to comply myself but to think you can completely ignore such a command while having a gun pointed at your face is a really bad idea.

One cop was telling him to get down and the other was telling him to come out. They ****ed up several ways, including not announcing they were the police when they knocked. One officer has been fired.

ZipZap 07-23-2021 9:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torqaholic (Post 1899538)

He actually said "No". He was an old, fat, unarmed guy. Maybe they should have spent another 30 seconds trying to figure out wtf was going on. There appeared to be no threat. I find myself on more than 90% of LEO situations, but this on the surface looks like BS.

Torqaholic 07-24-2021 5:54am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Millenium Vette (Post 1899541)
... They ****ed up several ways, including not announcing they were the police when they knocked...

Saw that. Also heard the old guy was coughing blood and had a stroke. They think he might die soon.

Rodnok1 07-24-2021 6:41am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torqaholic (Post 1899565)
Saw that. Also heard the old guy was coughing blood and had a stroke. They think he might die soon.

Won't even make page 10 of the news... He wasn't a black guy and cops never abuse a white guy I've read.
Hope he doesn't die and recovers, nobody deserves to be dropped in that situation.

DJ_Critterus 07-24-2021 8:36am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torqaholic (Post 1899565)

COD = KungFlu Delta Variant. :yesnod:

SnikPlosskin 07-24-2021 9:34am

I saw nips

Chemtrails99 07-24-2021 1:04pm

I hope when the cops are 75 somebody screams at them and demands they get on the ground. Get on the ground? Do they not know the effects of advanced aging and movement? Jack asses.

Torqaholic 07-24-2021 7:40pm

Yup, I'm ten years younger than that but it's why I said I wouldn't be in a rush to comply. Not in the habit of laying on the ground these days because getting up is such a problem. The last couple times it happened there were significant damages... And I used to skateboard :lol: