The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   C7 Open Discussion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Can the general public tell the difference between GS, Z06 or Stingray on looks alone (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110603)

desibaba 08-01-2017 1:07pm

Can the general public tell the difference between GS, Z06 or Stingray on looks alone

Most people that I know think of a Corvette simply as a Corvette. A car that is america's darling sports car and mainly bought by seniors since they have the money to own one as a toy even though its every teenage boy's wet dream. They dont realize that they go from $55k base to over $100k. On the street do you think the average person or even a car enthusiast who doesnt know too much about the Vette can simply look at one and tell the difference between a Base vs a Zr1/Z06?

desibaba 08-01-2017 2:30pm

I have a co worker who wants a Vette now after watching me search for them all the time. He doesnt care about performance at all. He is 40, divorced with no kids and is simply wanting a flashier looking car to get more vagina. My advice to him was to get a base used 2014 stingray in Yellow or Red that will stick out preferably with same body color brake calipers. He would be happy with the car if it was a v4 with only 170 hp. What do you fellas think?

wwomanC6 08-01-2017 4:20pm

You should Post up a pick of each one and not label them. See who can point out the difference. :seasix:

6spdC6 08-02-2017 7:10am

Quote:

Originally Posted by desibaba (Post 1575633)
Most people that I know think of a Corvette simply as a Corvette. A car that is america's darling sports car and mainly bought by seniors since they have the money to own one as a toy even though its every teenage boy's wet dream. They dont realize that they go from $55k base to over $100k. On the street do you think the average person or even a car enthusiast who doesnt know too much about the Vette can simply look at one and tell the difference between a Base vs a Zr1/Z06?

No,the average just realizes it a Vette. Most do not have a clue what the year or possibly what generation it is.

The license plate of my 98 Vette vert was "98Vette" and at most car shows (including Carlisle) I had people asking me what year is your car.:lol: I had that car and plate from 98 to 2005!

Steve_R 01-12-2018 2:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by desibaba (Post 1575633)
On the street do you think the average person or even a car enthusiast who doesnt know too much about the Vette can simply look at one and tell the difference between a Base vs a Zr1/Z06?

Nope. In fact, I'd wager that most owners of older generation Vettes couldn't tell them apart in a quick glance on the road.

bizaro 05-11-2018 5:23am

why does this matter?