The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   New kitten...very young.... (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123832)

mrvette 10-11-2020 5:29pm

New kitten...very young....

Linda mentioned needing a cheaper truck/van to run....10 mpg just sucked...and so I hit the local Craigslist.....'99 S10 with topper AND a ladder rack.....4 cyl, iron duke engine....fresh auto trans decent tires, etc.....the man took 1900.....so tmrw or when we get the cash out...I need crawl under it to look for frame rust....body/bed look fine should get at least 20 mpg.....

then we get a chance to sell the 3500 V8 van....should get at least a grand for it.....it's a '99 also.....

AND the kicker, the pickup been setting for several weeks, and sure enough when we popped the hood....there it was a NEW KITTEN, little tan critter with it's eyes all gooped up, so wife of course fell in INSTANT LOVE and we brought kitten home.....truck owner never knew it was there.....good thing we opened the hood before driving it.....so we brought kitten home and wife cleaned up the eyes, and they seem to have color, and follow motion.....so kitten in in a box....where else with food/water and wife now looking for kitten food.....

SO after loosing her Mom early this year, AND her ~14 y/o Chiwawa, AND one of the two cats also 14 y/o and got sick and ran away.....the other 14 y/o male cat is here doing ok.....

so wife has a bit of hope now.....been a shitty year on top of all the rest of the public BS.....much less house needs a roof, and we just dropped 300 bux yet AGAIN into her damn car a/c ......

:dance::issues:

snide 10-11-2020 5:34pm

Pics of kitty?

Rikki Z-06 10-11-2020 5:53pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1812869)
Pics of kitty?

:withstupid:

Rodnok1 10-11-2020 6:06pm

So what ended up being wrong with her ac?

mrvette 10-11-2020 6:48pm

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rodnok1 (Post 1812886)
So what ended up being wrong with her ac?

This is about #3 comp on this car, some years ago, the a/c clutch bolt came loose and we lost the clutch plate in the street.....so I fixed that, and over time have replace all the a/c parts except cond and evap......so he change and I have an evac pump so far it's fine.....next week?? no bets....

300 bux total with a hundred for him to help.....

:issues:

Bill 10-11-2020 7:18pm

Ah, the ol' free cat with purchase of truck scam!

There's a sucker born every minute.

Old Ben 10-11-2020 7:18pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 1812901)
This is about #3 comp on this car, some years ago, the a/c clutch bolt came loose and we lost the clutch plate in the street.....so I fixed that, and over time have replace all the a/c parts except cond and evap......so he change and I have an evac pump so far it's fine.....next week?? no bets....

300 bux total with a hundred for him to help.....

Cute little kitten. Have you taken it to get checked by a vet yet?

mrvette 10-11-2020 8:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Ben (Post 1812911)
Cute little kitten. Have you taken it to get checked by a vet yet?

OH hell no.....just got it home about 5 or so this Sunday PM.......so in a couple daze to get checked out....mainly the eyes.....Just after 9pm now and kitten sleeping in wife's lap....but I did manage to rub some ears, nose and chin.....:D:rofl:

NEED-A-VETTE 10-11-2020 8:29pm

Adorable!

The universe meant for you to find that kitten!!

Anjdog2003 10-11-2020 9:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEED-A-VETTE (Post 1812936)
Adorable!

The universe meant for you to find that kitten!!

Hi toots :kimblair:

NEED-A-VETTE 10-12-2020 6:45am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anjdog2003 (Post 1812954)
Hi toots :kimblair:

:seeya:

RMVette 10-12-2020 7:19am

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 1812933)
OH hell no.....just got it home about 5 or so this Sunday PM.......so in a couple daze to get checked out....mainly the eyes.....Just after 9pm now and kitten sleeping in wife's lap....but I did manage to rub some ears, nose and chin.....:D:rofl:

Glad you rescued him (or her), have you named the little buggar yet? Because you will be keeping it!

simpleman68 10-12-2020 7:47am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1812910)
Ah, the ol' free cat with purchase of truck scam!

There's a sucker born every minute.

mrvette 10-12-2020 9:10am

Poor little guy, his eyes are all puffed out and swollen like MAD, wife been washing them but they continue to drain.....he not taking any food or even water very well.....just left for the vet.....we will see in a few hours....:sadangel:

RMVette 10-12-2020 9:23am

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 1813027)
Poor little guy, his eyes are all puffed out and swollen like MAD, wife been washing them but they continue to drain.....he not taking any food or even water very well.....just left for the vet.....we will see in a few hours....:sadangel:

:sadangel:

Keep us updated.

Old Ben 10-12-2020 10:53am

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 1813027)

Hope the little one is okay.

Old Ben 10-12-2020 5:49pm

What's the update on the kitten?

mrvette 10-12-2020 6:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Ben (Post 1813148)
What's the update on the kitten?

Well, 720pm here now wife got back some 3 hours ago....and something the vet gave us seems to feed the kitten pretty good.....chowed down twice...and even water intake, and crapped in the litter box, just a mini turd like an inch long....but seems to favor the litter box.....thankfully, so far.....and the running around little voice is funny, under my desk legs, under the couches.....and I have to watch my step.....as for the eyes....some meds and a visit on Friday....'

little critter has picked up his step.....4 wheel drive is activated.......two witnesses......and BO, the large ~14 y/o cat just seems to ignore him.....

:dance::lol:

dvarapala 10-12-2020 7:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 1813152)
Well, 720pm here now wife got back some 3 hours ago....

[UD]So at 4:20?[/UD]

carlton_fritz 10-12-2020 7:18pm

And my most affectionate cat has gone missing.

Old Ben 10-12-2020 7:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 1813152)
Well, 720pm here now wife got back some 3 hours ago....and something the vet gave us seems to feed the kitten pretty good.....chowed down twice...and even water intake, and crapped in the litter box, just a mini turd like an inch long....but seems to favor the litter box.....thankfully, so far.....and the running around little voice is funny, under my desk legs, under the couches.....and I have to watch my step.....as for the eyes....some meds and a visit on Friday....'

little critter has picked up his step.....4 wheel drive is activated.......two witnesses......and BO, the large ~14 y/o cat just seems to ignore him.....

:dance::lol:

:seasix:

Bill 10-12-2020 7:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlton_fritz (Post 1813164)
And my most affectionate cat has gone missing.

Ouch, that sucks. How long?

carlton_fritz 10-12-2020 7:46pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1813169)
Ouch, that sucks. How long?

Last seen Friday morning.

LisaJohn 10-12-2020 7:49pm

Kitty names:
Chevie
Nineteenhunered

Bill 10-12-2020 7:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlton_fritz (Post 1813171)
Last seen Friday morning.

Damn. :sadangel:

Was the kitty chipped, and have you put up fliers yet?

carlton_fritz 10-12-2020 8:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1813175)
Damn. :sadangel:

Was the kitty chipped, and have you put up fliers yet?

No chip. I have 2 suspects in mind. A homeless guy that I found out yesterday that he is a pervert that likes sex with animals. I checked where he is staying with no sign of any cats having been there. The other I will try to check into tomorrow.

mrvette 10-13-2020 1:30am

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlton_fritz (Post 1813178)
No chip. I have 2 suspects in mind. A homeless guy that I found out yesterday that he is a pervert that likes sex with animals. I checked where he is staying with no sign of any cats having been there. The other I will try to check into tomorrow.

Oh come ON man, YGTBFKM.....where in hell you live man, gotta put that joint on the shit list.....

:confused5:

carlton_fritz 10-13-2020 3:19am

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 1813215)

Oh come ON man, YGTBFKM.....where in hell you live man, gotta put that joint on the shit list.....

:confused5:

It is. The new sheriff is cleaning the place up, but the new Mayor is questionable.

Chuck A 10-13-2020 3:51am

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlton_fritz (Post 1813178)

sex with animals, WTF!!

C3C7NIC 10-13-2020 6:55am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck A (Post 1813223)
sex with animals, WTF!!

https://media.giphy.com/media/ftdF4Z...c4b5/giphy.gif

mrvette 10-13-2020 7:15am

Fuzz E. Ball is doing rather well, eyes still sore, but putting liquid in them, and kitty walks all around the house, obviously vision is at least somewhat functional, and eats normal now, special attractive kitty food.....and we MAY have found a home for the critter.....:dance:

RMVette 10-13-2020 10:39am

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 1813248)
Fuzz E. Ball is doing rather well, eyes still sore, but putting liquid in them, and kitty walks all around the house, obviously vision is at least somewhat functional, and eats normal now, special attractive kitty food.....and we MAY have found a home for the critter.....:dance:

Not your home? :D

carlton_fritz 10-13-2020 4:15pm

Found my cat today. I was walking out by the RR tracks looking for her and heard her meow behind me. She has a distinctive meow. She is house bound for the foreseeable future.

dvarapala 10-13-2020 4:33pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlton_fritz (Post 1813335)
Found my cat today. I was walking out by the RR tracks looking for her and heard her meow behind me. She has a distinctive meow. She is house bound for the foreseeable future.

Off to Kitten Jail with her!!

99 pewtercoupe 10-13-2020 6:19pm

Quote:

You should keep her housebound permanently. The difference in life expectancy between indoor cats and cats allowed to roam outside is huge. Ours go out on the screened in lanai but that is the closest to being outside they ever get

carlton_fritz 10-13-2020 7:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 99 pewtercoupe (Post 1813367)
You should keep her housebound permanently. The difference in life expectancy between indoor cats and cats allowed to roam outside is huge. Ours go out on the screened in lanai but that is the closest to being outside they ever get

So you are saying to keep the sweet ones inside and let the annoying ones roam outside?

Bill 10-13-2020 7:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlton_fritz (Post 1813376)
So you are saying to keep the sweet ones inside and let the annoying ones roam outside?

I keep letting Fuzzball out, but she keeps coming back. I guess I'm doing it wrong. She likes to go out, and I let her when I'm around. She usually goes out for an hour or two, then comes back in. She doesn't get to go out when it's dark, or soon to be dark though.

Bill 10-13-2020 7:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 1813248)

MOAR PICS!

Bill 10-13-2020 8:31pm

Quote:

Pics of wandering kitty?

:waiting:

Old Ben 10-14-2020 6:07am

Quote:

I hope she has been spayed otherwise there are going to be some new kittens coming your way.:yesnod:

dvarapala 10-14-2020 9:57am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Ben (Post 1813436)
I hope she has been spayed otherwise there are going to be some new kittens coming your way.:yesnod:

Around here we call cats whose owners let them outside "coyote morsels." :yesnod:

carlton_fritz 10-14-2020 6:15pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1813403)
Pics of wandering kitty?

:waiting:

I will have to get some uploaded.

carlton_fritz 10-14-2020 6:16pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Ben (Post 1813436)

:yesnod: Long time ago. Her breakaway flea collar is missing.

mrvette 10-15-2020 2:25pm

Not a hole lot of werk going on, a couple hours this am, and so the new kitten running around and taking care of himself in the litter box, and feed dish.....

BUT except for this AM, I have not seen the ~14 y/o BO cat....all day, not out back, not in the house where he normally wants picked up and ears rubbed off.....

:shots::sadangel::confused5:

carlton_fritz 10-15-2020 5:07pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 1813760)
Not a hole lot of werk going on, a couple hours this am, and so the new kitten running around and taking care of himself in the litter box, and feed dish.....

BUT except for this AM, I have not seen the ~14 y/o BO cat....all day, not out back, not in the house where he normally wants picked up and ears rubbed off.....

:shots::sadangel::confused5:

:sadangel:

carlton_fritz 10-15-2020 5:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvarapala (Post 1813482)
Around here we call cats whose owners let them outside "coyote morsels." :yesnod:

ICNLT

mrvette 10-16-2020 8:22am

2 Attachment(s)
more pix.......

NEED-A-VETTE 10-16-2020 9:22am

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 1813891)
more pix.......

Awwwww...he/she looks like he’s/she’s healing up. So adorable.

Gene, that baby is bonding with you. You should definitely keep him/her. :)

Is the kitten male or female?

snide 10-16-2020 9:44am

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 1813891)

Thumbelina. Right front paw.

:shrug:

mrvette 10-16-2020 10:15am

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEED-A-VETTE (Post 1813901)
Awwwww...he/she looks like he’s/she’s healing up. So adorable.

Gene, that baby is bonding with you. You should definitely keep him/her. :)

Is the kitten male or female?

It's a guy, and we want to give it away.......we too old to be taking on a ~15 years obligation....

snide 10-16-2020 11:34am

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 1813917)
It's a guy, and we want to give it away.......we too old to be taking on a ~15 years obligation....

Only 2 years...

Cashew "Chicken"

INGREDIENTS
3/4 cup roasted, unsalted cashews
1/4 cup water
2 teaspoons cornstarch
4 tablespoons hoisin sauce, best quality such as Kikkoman or Lee Kum Kee
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenderloins, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
6 medium garlic cloves, minced
8 scallions (1 bunch), white and green parts separated, each cut into 1-inch pieces
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1/4 teaspoon Asian sesame oil

INSTRUCTIONS
  • Preheat the oven to 350°F.
  • Place the cashews on a baking sheet in a single layer. Toast in the oven until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Set aside; they will crisp up as they cool.
  • Meanwhile, prepare the sauce: in a small bowl, whisk together the water, cornstarch, hoisin sauce, and soy sauce. Set aside.
  • Place the chicken pieces in a large bowl. Sprinkle with the salt and pepper and toss to coat evenly.
  • In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil over high heat until very hot. Add half of the chicken to the skillet and stir-fry until lightly browned but not cooked through, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
  • Add the remaining tablespoon vegetable oil to the skillet; then add the remaining chicken, garlic and white parts of the scallions. Stir-fry until the chicken is lightly browned but not cooked through, about 3 minutes. Return the first batch of chicken to the pan. Turn the heat down to medium and add the rice vinegar; cook until evaporated, about 30 seconds.
  • Add the sauce mixture to the chicken; cook, tossing, until the chicken is cooked through and the sauce is nicely thickened, about 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Stir in the scallion greens, cashews and sesame oil. Serve immediately.
:leaving:

mrvette 10-20-2020 11:59am

Well, 1030 this AM, the nurse came by to check on wife's Aunt.....weekly visit, and so we looked for the kitten, but it disappeared completely, we looking HARD everywhere....but after nurse left, wife found kitten, hiding behind a cabinet next to a bunch of her giraffe collection.....and it's laying on the rug...never see it, as it's a PURRFECT MATCH to the carpeting.....

had to shine a light down there to see the kitten.....:issues::dance:

thought kitten got in trouble sneaking outside....tore the house apart looking.....:confused5:

BTW, kittens eyes are clean/clear now, with 3 more sessions of eyedrops and the nasty tears on the fuzz face are now gone.....kitten went to vet yesterday and they happy to see her doing well......

so now to find kitten a new home.....:seasix:

snide 10-20-2020 4:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 1814978)
Well, 1030 this AM, the nurse came by to check on wife's Aunt.....weekly visit, and so we looked for the kitten, but it disappeared completely, we looking HARD everywhere....but after nurse left, wife found kitten, hiding behind a cabinet next to a bunch of her giraffe collection.....and it's laying on the rug...never see it, as it's a PURRFECT MATCH to the carpeting.....

had to shine a light down there to see the kitten.....:issues::dance:

thought kitten got in trouble sneaking outside....tore the house apart looking.....:confused5:

BTW, kittens eyes are clean/clear now, with 3 more sessions of eyedrops and the nasty tears on the fuzz face are now gone.....kitten went to vet yesterday and they happy to see her doing well......

so now to find kitten a new home.....:seasix:

The kitten just told you that it has a new home... YOURS. :yesnod:

Old Ben 10-20-2020 6:34pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1815010)
The kitten just told you that it has a new home... YOURS. :yesnod:

:iagree:

99 pewtercoupe 10-20-2020 6:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Ben (Post 1815052)

Bill 10-20-2020 7:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlton_fritz (Post 1813558)
I will have to get some uploaded.

:waiting::waiting::waiting:

carlton_fritz 10-21-2020 3:39am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1815062)

Totally forgot about this.:leaving:

mrvette 10-21-2020 3:13pm

The senior citizen cat BO, is rather upset with the kitten being around....so a lady my wife met at the vet doc. has another kitten looking about the same, only a year old.....and she wants to adopt this little furball....she is much younger....and the two kittens will adapt to each other......so tmrw afternoon wife will take kitten down the road a couple miles and turn over to new owner.....the lady is much younger and cheerful attitude so wife feels safe in the adoption......kitten got LUCKY.....so it cost wife/me maybe 120 bux to see kitten through eye/gut? problems, and little critter is running around SO cute but oh well, his meds are done, this evening, eyes are clean and clear....will try to get some pix....but critter is SO much into speed, his pix turn out blurry from the action.....wife going to try again.....:dance::D

The dawg across the street is almost as soft, but the nose is too long other than than that they feel the same.....:lol:

carlton_fritz 10-21-2020 8:43pm

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1815062)

:kimblair:

mrvette 10-22-2020 7:11am

1 Attachment(s)
Eyes RIGHT!!!

Bill 10-22-2020 7:37am

This thread delivers!

mrvette 10-22-2020 9:45am

Oh well, the lady my wife met at the vet the other day has accepted the kitty as she has one very similar and it being one year old....so wife is taking the kitten to new owner/family and a good home :sadangel::seasix:

dvarapala 10-22-2020 9:52am

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 1815212)
The senior citizen cat BO, is rather upset with the kitten being around....so a lady my wife met at the vet doc. has another kitten looking about the same, only a year old.....and she wants to adopt this little furball....she is much younger....and the two kittens will adapt to each other......so tmrw afternoon wife will take kitten down the road a couple miles and turn over to new owner.....the lady is much younger and cheerful attitude so wife feels safe in the adoption......kitten got LUCKY.....so it cost wife/me maybe 120 bux to see kitten through eye/gut? problems, and little critter is running around SO cute but oh well, his meds are done, this evening, eyes are clean and clear....will try to get some pix....but critter is SO much into speed, his pix turn out blurry from the action.....wife going to try again.....:dance::D

The dawg across the street is almost as soft, but the nose is too long other than than that they feel the same.....:lol:

You named your cat "Body Odor?" :shrug:

mrvette 10-22-2020 11:45am

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvarapala (Post 1815334)
You named your cat "Body Odor?" :shrug:

NO, his litter mate smaller sister kitty we got both for free from a vet maybe 14+ years ago, his sister died earlier this year.......along with the Chiwawa dawg.......:sadangel::sadangel: and so his name was BO and hers DIDDLY......

:D

NEED-A-VETTE 10-22-2020 6:57pm

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 1815312)
Eyes RIGHT!!!

Adorable. He healed right up. :angel:

My mom just adopted this guy. His name is Oreo.

Attachment 48352

Attachment 48353

mrvette 10-22-2020 7:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by NEED-A-VETTE (Post 1815419)
Adorable. He healed right up. :angel:

My mom just adopted this guy. His name is Oreo.

Attachment 48352

Attachment 48353

WATT in hell he get into a fight with that the nose is THAT blackened???

carlton_fritz 10-22-2020 7:46pm

4 Attachment(s)
They were little, but now not so much. They are happy in their new home. Now to find a home for 3 more...

NEED-A-VETTE 10-22-2020 8:54pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 1815431)
WATT in hell he get into a fight with that the nose is THAT blackened???

His nose is just that black. :funny: