The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Politics & Religion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Key Economic Indicator in Decline: Gasoline Retail Deliveries by Refiners Plummets (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29652)

Will 02-11-2012 11:25pm

Key Economic Indicator in Decline: Gasoline Retail Deliveries by Refiners Plummets

Key Economic Indicator in Decline: Gasoline Retail Deliveries by Refiners Plummet to 3 Decade Low

Quote:

According to the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA), in May of 2010, U.S. Total Gasoline Retail Deliveries by Refiners fell to their lowest level since 1983. That precipitous decline has continued, with the latest numbers from November of last fall plummeting by another 33%:

http://hearourvoices.us/image.axd?pi...s+per+Day).png

This trend comes as no surprise given the equally precipitous decline in labor force participation, discussed here.

Just as the Obama administration ignored reality and labor force participation when touting January's 8.3% Unemployment figure, so too are they painting a rosy picture with regard to oil consumption:

Quote:

"Our dependence on foreign oil is the lowest it's been in 16 years. President Obama has strengthened our economy by making unprecedented investments in the clean energy sector and proposing to nearly double fuel efficiency standards."
Unfortunately, the reality is that throwing millions of taxpayer dollars into the Solyndra black-hole or Chevrolet Volt Space Heaters is not the cause of declining crude imports. Our declining economic conditions, and declining retail sales of gasoline, are the true culprit.

As noted here, fuel efficiency standards cannot come close to accounting for the steep 47% decline over the past 5 years:

Quote:

"[F]uel efficiency . . . show[ed] a significant increase in the 1980s, but only modest improvement through the 1990s and 2000s . . . there was a 6% rise in efficiency from 1999 to 2010. This would suggest 6% of the decline in gasoline deliveries can be attributed to increased efficiency. But what about the other 40% of the decline? That cannot be attributed to higher efficiency."

Key Economic Indicator in Decline: Gasoline Retail Deliveries by Refiners Plummet to 3 Decade Low

73sbVert 02-11-2012 11:29pm

But hey, BHO's gonna transform America!

Into what, no one asked. :(

Torqaholic 02-12-2012 2:08am

He's a Chicago slum lord. If that rat nest he owned wasn't condemned it should have been.
I said before the election he'd do the same thing to our country. Doesn't look like I was wrong.

mrvette 02-12-2012 9:12am

Well, at 3.75/gallon what in hell they expect?? unemployment higher'n hell, must be some 25% easy....

:sadangel:

Bill 02-12-2012 10:39am

It doesn't seem like there are any economic problems in Houston. I took the GF to an Italian restaurant in Clear Lake last night.....1 1/2 hour wait for a table.

I just don't see any suffering going on, unless all those folks are living on credit.

Joecooool 02-12-2012 12:58pm

The country is in recovery mode now. Thats why republican candidates have mostly stopped talking about the economy. They have focused on the other issues like gay marriage, health care reform, abortion and all the other social issues they really don't care about but they know gets the lower income conservatives into the booth.

Chris Fowler 02-12-2012 3:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joecooool (Post 575192)
The country is in recovery mode now.

Took long enough...recovering in spite of the current policies and slower than we should be.

Joecooool 02-12-2012 4:06pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Fowler (Post 575316)
Took long enough...recovering in spite of the current policies and slower than we should be.

If you are going to blame him for the bad, you have to credit him for the good.

73sbVert 02-12-2012 4:47pm

The economy will rebound eventually, but it will be in spite of BHO, NOT because of him.

:(

F'king prick.

Doug28450 02-13-2012 10:06am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joecooool (Post 575392)
you have to credit him for the good.

When I find it I will.

Chris Fowler 02-13-2012 10:24am

Quote:

The slow recovery is the bad.

And I do blame him.

When I see the good I will let you know.

Torqaholic 02-15-2012 5:44am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Fowler (Post 576282)
The slow recovery is the bad.

Very bad, we'll never break even before the next downturn. Which probably means the next one will be much bigger... Just in time to blame the pubs, right comrade?

mrvette 02-15-2012 7:42am

I dunno Where the HELL anyone sees any 'recovery' ....it's getting worse, not better....

vetteman9368 02-15-2012 8:34am

Quote:

I would if there was any.........notice Gallup has unemployment back up? BHO has done NOTHING good for this country.

Chris Fowler 02-15-2012 9:58am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obama
And when gas prices are on the rise again – because as the economy strengthens, global demand for oil increases

Doesn't jive very well...does it?