The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   C4 Open Discussion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Greetings! (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65057)

RedLS1GTO 04-04-2014 4:16pm

Greetings!

Been busy with... well... everything, so wanted to drop in and say hello to my favorite group of dysfunctional misfits. :seeya:

Wathen1955 04-04-2014 11:36pm

Hi Bryan. What's up? Some are still around. I finally sold my 96 about 3 weeks ago. Guy flew in and drove it home (almost 500 miles). Still thinking about getting another Vette in 3-4 years. Looking at a C6 possibly, but it's too early to make a final commitment. Also been thinking about retiring at a rip old age of 60 come next year, and moving out of Southern CA.

RedLS1GTO 04-05-2014 8:31am

Thinking about retiring? Go for it man. Nobody ever looked back on their life and thought "Damn... wish I would have worked more." :cheers:

DukeAllen 04-05-2014 8:45am

I think you're a mod of one :funny:
:seeya:

WW7 04-05-2014 8:57am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DukeAllen (Post 1156360)
I think you're a mod of one :funny:
:seeya:

Or maybe 2....:D...I can't believe the group fell apart as fast as it did... I guess nothing is forever....:cry:.......WW

DukeAllen 04-05-2014 10:55am

Quote:

Originally Posted by WW7 (Post 1156362)
Or maybe 2....:D...I can't believe the group fell apart as fast as it did... I guess nothing is forever....:cry:.......WW

The dog and cat eloped and the popo must have won a lifetime supply of donuts. No idea where the rat has been the last few days :lol:

Black95 04-05-2014 12:05pm

Must be me. About the time I started posting is when things went downhill.
:dance:

DukeAllen 04-05-2014 12:19pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black'95 (Post 1156423)

We didn't want to say anything, but...
http://mojosavings.com/wp-content/up...uard-Sport.jpg
:funny:

WW7 04-05-2014 5:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black'95 (Post 1156423)

Maybe it's your breath....:rofl:....WW

Black95 04-05-2014 6:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by WW7 (Post 1156474)
Maybe it's your breath....:rofl:....WW

Better that than my exhaust!

nutz4c4 04-06-2014 7:36am

:shots:

DukeAllen 04-06-2014 10:48am

Quote:

Originally Posted by nutz4c4 (Post 1156613)
:shots:

You do know those are sample cups from the doctor's office?
:rofl:

five-oh 04-06-2014 11:09am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DukeAllen (Post 1156406)
The dog and cat eloped and the popo must have won a lifetime supply of donuts. No idea where the rat has been the last few days :lol:

Sadly- not the case.:leaving:
I check in every day, usually browse through O/T where I am MUCH less vocal. They scare me over there. :D

I'm usually busy with my other hobbies in the evenings, which used to be my prime internet browsing time. After I get the 53 foot tower up for the ham antenna, and the u joints changed in the '46, I might have time to think about Corvettes and you guys again.
Well, until the wife-oid makes me a new honey-do list.
:barnbabe:

DukeAllen 04-06-2014 6:48pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by five-oh (Post 1156663)
Sadly- not the case.:leaving:
I check in every day, usually browse through O/T where I am MUCH less vocal. They scare me over there. :D

I'm usually busy with my other hobbies in the evenings, which used to be my prime internet browsing time. After I get the 53 foot tower up for the ham antenna, and the u joints changed in the '46, I might have time to think about Corvettes and you guys again.
Well, until the wife-oid makes me a new honey-do list.
:barnbabe:

I'm insulted that we came in 3rd, but at least we topped your wife in the list.:lol:

WW7 04-06-2014 7:48pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DukeAllen (Post 1156836)
I'm insulted that we came in 3rd, but at least we topped your wife in the list.:lol:

It's not nice to talk about topping another mans wife...:leaving:....Ain't you got no cuth??....:D....WW

DukeAllen 04-06-2014 8:46pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by WW7 (Post 1156887)
Ain't you got no cuth?

:slap: Language!

WW7 04-07-2014 6:17am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DukeAllen (Post 1156927)
:slap: Language!

What do you expect?.. I lived in Glen Burnie for a few years.....:D..WW

DukeAllen 04-07-2014 7:21am

Quote:

Originally Posted by WW7 (Post 1157002)
What do you expect?.. I lived in Glen Burnie for a few years.....:D..WW

werd

five-oh 04-07-2014 11:22am

:slap:
Trust me, my wife is far ahead of you on that list. She won't let me overlook her. Apparently the duct tape is not strong enough.:D

Wathen1955 04-07-2014 1:40pm

Warning: Scam Against Older Men

Women often receive warnings about protecting themselves at the mall and in dark parking lots, etc. This is the first warning I have seen for men. I wanted to pass it on in case you haven't heard about it.

A 'heads up' for those men who may be regular customers at Lowe's, Home Depot, Costco, or even Wal-Mart. This one caught me totally by surprise.
Over the last month I became a victim of a clever scam while out shopping. Simply going out to get supplies has turned out to be quite traumatic. Don't be naive enough to think it couldn't happen to you or your friends.
Here's how the scam works:

Two nice-looking, college-aged girls will come over to your car or truck as you are packing your purchases into your vehicle. They both start wiping your windshield with a rag and Windex, with their breasts almost falling out of their skimpy T-shirts. (It's impossible not to look). When you thank them and offer them a tip, they say 'No' but instead ask for a ride to McDonald's. You agree and they climb into the vehicle. On the way, they start undressing. Then one of them starts crawling all over you, while the other one steals your wallet.
I had my wallet stolen Mar. 4th, 9th, 10th, twice on the 12th, 14th, 16th, today and very likely again this upcoming week.

So tell your friends to be careful. What a horrible way to take advantage of us older men. Warn your friends to be vigilant. Wal-Mart has wallets on sale for $2.99 each. I found even cheaper ones for $.99 at the dollar store and bought them out in three of their stores.

Also, you never get to eat at McDonald's. I've already lost 11 pounds just running back and forth from Lowe's, to Home Depot, to Costco, Etc.
So please, send this on to all the older men that you know and warn them to be on the lookout for this scam. (The best times are just before lunch and around 4:30 in the afternoon.)