The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Went For My Last Ride....... (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=124146)

Norm 11-21-2020 5:19pm

Went For My Last Ride.......

1 Attachment(s)
.......of the year on the Cub Cadet. My weeds were getting a bit high, thought I could go until next spring, but weather has been warm and plenty of rain. Hopefully the last for this year.

Jeff '79 11-21-2020 5:21pm

Ha...I did mine today too:seasix:

Anjdog2003 11-21-2020 5:33pm

My gardener does mine every Tuesday.

Stevedore 11-21-2020 6:15pm

I think I have one more time to go, mostly to chop up the leaves.

Datawiz 11-21-2020 6:18pm

I don't get a day off in the mowing department. :datawiz:

DAB 11-21-2020 6:46pm

grass? don't have any. we have one section above the septic field where weeds grow, and i whack it down about twice a year.

:DAB:

markids77 11-21-2020 9:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by datawiz (Post 1824993)
I don't get a day off in the mowing department. :datawiz:

Here we are approaching Thanksgiving and the grass is full green and still actively growing. Actually cutting now serves two purposes: cutting new growth and mulching "fall" leaves and pine straw.
I suspect we'll need to actually cut the grass here until January.

Raazor 11-21-2020 9:57pm

I watched the guy do ours :seasix:

markids77 11-21-2020 9:59pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raazor (Post 1825095)
I watched the guy do ours :seasix:

What, plow the driveway?

snide 11-21-2020 10:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by markids77 (Post 1825098)
What, plow the wife?

Fixed...

mrvette 11-22-2020 2:41am

Been rainy as HELL this year, and so maybe Tues I cut the F&Back yards, I speed up the self propelled mower and run behind at a good clip, get it the HELL OVER WITH!!!! then chase the borders with a battery wacker no more extension cords......

Neighbors tree next to my driveway is dropping sizeable branches....getting ready to do limbs rotten at the core down near the ground.....lovely, SHE refuses to cut the damn thing....hazard to my house and/or many cars including wife's car.....lovely.....

:issues::issues::issues::issues::issues::sadangel:

snide 11-22-2020 7:30am

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 1825196)
Been rainy as HELL this year, and so maybe Tues I cut the F&Back yards, I speed up the self propelled mower and run behind at a good clip, get it the HELL OVER WITH!!!! then chase the borders with a battery wacker no more extension cords......

Neighbors tree next to my driveway is dropping sizeable branches....getting ready to do limbs rotten at the core down near the ground.....lovely, SHE refuses to cut the damn thing....hazard to my house and/or many cars including wife's car.....lovely.....

When you do gather up the branches that have fallen in your yard/driveway, put them in her driveway. :yesnod:

mrvette 11-22-2020 9:00am

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1825214)
When you do gather up the branches that have fallen in your yard/driveway, put them in her driveway. :yesnod:

I do dump them on their side of the fence line, sometimes on the sidewalk....no HOA here so the sidewalks are always blocked with cars

Rodnok1 11-22-2020 9:14am

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrvette (Post 1825196)

If the tree is a known hazard and they are notified in writing they are financially responsible for damages. Had to have neighbors tree condemned once as it was mostly rotten and a threat to our house, the insurance company actually took care of it for me. Been a long time.
I had offered to take the tree down even, they knew it was rotten and was a hazard just waiting for it to fall they said. That's fine when can't hit a structure... Or my cars.