The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   California is a failed state (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123503)

Wathen1955 08-30-2020 1:06pm

California is a failed state

I've been here all my life. I was born in San Diego in 1955. I recently moved from southern CA to northern CA in 2015. I found this article interesting. I can't believe that idiot voters made this clown governor, after what he did in Frisco as mayor. I beautiful city turned into a shit city in just a few decades of democrat rule. I hope that the citizens of this state WAKE THE **** UP and realize that the only way to go back to a safe and effective CA is to vote out all the left wing trash in this political landscape. Will it happen? I doubt it, but maybe a miracle on ice in 1980 against the Russians will happen in this next voting cycle.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...mn/5645176002/

Steve_R 08-30-2020 1:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wathen1955 (Post 1800966)
I hope that the citizens of this state WAKE THE **** UP and realize that the only way to go back to a safe and effective CA is to vote out all the left wing trash in this political landscape.

Never happen. I don’t understand why non-liberals continue to live there.

Rob 08-30-2020 1:12pm

Only three states I have never visited. The Dakotas and California.

I look forward to seeing the Dakota’s one day.

DAB 08-30-2020 1:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dixievet (Post 1800968)
Only three states I have never visited. The Dakotas and California.

I look forward to seeing the Dakota’s one day.

Fargo is cold in winter, do not recommend.

Badlands are cool though. be sure to visit Wall Drug.

69camfrk 08-30-2020 1:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1800969)
Fargo is cold in winter, do not recommend.

Badlands are cool though. be sure to visit Wall Drug.

Talk about a tourist trap out in the middle of no damn where!!!:rofl:

Norm 08-30-2020 1:54pm

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 69camfrk (Post 1800971)
Talk about a tourist trap out in the middle of no damn where!!!:rofl:

You got that right! :D Did get a trinket or two there.

69camfrk 08-30-2020 2:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norm (Post 1800973)
You got that right! :D Did get a trinket or two there.

I'm not sure what the hell I was expecting out of that place, but they sure had a lot of junk. Me and a couple of Air Force buddies went there back in 2001 when we were at Ellsworth AFB (right outside Rapid City) for a B-1B course. On the weekends, we ran that place ragged, and tried to make it to everywhere that counted.:seasix:

Cybercowboy 08-30-2020 3:29pm

My wife and I used to visit wine country in CA yearly, mainly the Napa and Sonoma areas. I'd visit my sister in SoCal and later when she moved to Palm Springs. We also typically stayed at least one week every summer in Chicago, renting a condo out near the Mag Mile, sometimes just a single bedroom, sometimes we'd have a crowd and rent a 3-4 bedroom unit. It was always great, and I truly enjoyed vacationing at these destinations. We'd spend plenty on each of these trips, and met many great people there.

Now my sister has moved from Palm Springs to Las Vegas because of the insane taxes and other insanity there. We have no plans on going back to wine country any time soon, mainly because CA seems to have gone insane and they are decimating the businesses there. And seriously, **** Chicago. They stopped letting people rent condos for less than a month at a time a decade ago or so, and now that I truly have written off the MLB and NFL experience, no more reason to go there period. We used to love catching a Cubs game during the afternoon, and maybe if we timed it right catch a Bears game on game 2 or so. The Air and Water show was always fun. But seriously, **** Chicago now. Never again.

Congrats democrats!

John Wiz 08-30-2020 3:31pm

I was stationed in San Diego from 1984-1989 and then Monterey from 1989-1991. I loved it while I was there, but I am so glad that I left after that... We loved to go San Fran, the wine country and other places,,,, but with the mess they have made of such a beautiful state, I have no desire to go back... I think I'd rather go to Mexico at this point rather than Ca.....

VatorMan 08-30-2020 3:34pm

The Bay Area was a beautiful place when I lived there in the 80s. They actually like military and politics wasn’t everything.

Now the place is waterless wasteland. Sooner or later, N. California will shut down the aqueduct running south. Then the SHTF big time.

DAB 08-30-2020 4:49pm

the local tourist trap is just south of me: Clines Corners. intersection of US 285 and I-40. if they don't have it, you don't need it.

little history: http://www.clinescorners.com/history.html

Iron Chef 08-30-2020 7:06pm

One of the most beautiful views I ever saw.....

Crossing the Arizona border on my way to Texas and seeing California in my rear view mirror. And this was over 25 years ago.

Los Angeles was THE place to be in the 1980's. I had more fun than I deserved and never gave leaving a thought. The people who ruined California should be guillotined.

ZipZap 08-30-2020 7:10pm

Grew up in So Cal and never dreamed I'd move away...

Then life came and I had the opportunity to live in a few other places around the US. Then life came again and I've spent the last three years back in CA. At least I live in the South Bay where the weather is great and the beach is just a walk.

Having said that, I'm counting the days until the end of the year when I will retire and get out of this F'd up state. Herr Newsom is running unchecked in emergency status and Garcetti is following his lead in spades. It's a complete sh*t show because both of them seem to be drunk with power and control.

I can't wait for them to come after me to tax my departure and retirement:rofl: The state actually tried this when I got out of the military and left CA the first time; sent me a letter asking me to file in CA:rofl: F'ing tools.

tjfontaine 08-30-2020 7:21pm

Fargo is a very cool nice clean city lots to do. We lived there in the early 80s but moved to the Twin cities have been living here until retirement 10 years ago. Winter now in AZ. Just now thinking we might consider moving out of Twin cities getting to goofy here - and have a summer home in Fargo instead. Just big enough to have the cool bars, restaurants, breweries and close to lake country in MN. And Conservative.

Dan Dlabay 08-30-2020 7:54pm

Just shows that any state the dems control becomes a shit hole.

Loco Vette 08-30-2020 8:16pm

I can't believe USSR today actually published that!

dvarapala 08-30-2020 11:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve_R (Post 1800967)
Never happen. I don’t understand why non-liberals continue to live there.

Have you heard the parable about the frog in the pot of boiling water? :popcorns:

snide 08-31-2020 5:27am

I would never live there.

z06psi 08-31-2020 7:24am

icnlt

iwnlt

shithole

dvarapala 08-31-2020 8:54am

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1801104)
I would never live there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06psi (Post 1801119)
icnlt

iwnlt

shithole

You do realize that posts like these make every Californian extremely happy? Each one represents one less undesirable who would otherwise be overcrowding our lovely state. :thumbs: