The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mid-Atlantic Regional Events/Discussion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Wild Wheels Weekend (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17)

zz4vetteguy 10-04-2009 12:55pm

Wild Wheels Weekend

Anyone go to the Car Show at the Virginia Beach Convention Center this weekend? What did you all think?

I am glad to see it was back, and think it is off to a good start, but I was a little disappointed in it...it was definitely not the show I remember my father used to show his truck in back in the early 90's that Cecil Profit used to put on. The application made it seem that it was going to be the old school show with true custom and modified cars such as Gary's, but there were a lot of newer "Off The Showroom Floor" cars there.

Now with that being said, there were a lot of really nice cars there, and hopefully in another year or two, the Virginia Beach Convention Center will once again hold a custom auto show like the old Pavilion did.

Munch 10-04-2009 1:15pm

GB told me he was gonna try and take his Vette down there today and show it, not sure if he did or not. Wife made me go to the Zoo today so I missed it.

03SlowZ06 10-04-2009 1:16pm

I have been stuck at work all day.

illmac77 10-04-2009 1:48pm

yeah unfortunitly it is a long road trip to make it up there... some im have a beer in TX

Dougzilla 10-04-2009 7:03pm

I was going to enter that show but was busy to entered for the show in time. I have some friends that entered and I was told that there were some really awesome cars there for show. I will enter next year.

zz4vetteguy 10-04-2009 7:37pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munch (Post 140)
GB told me he was gonna try and take his Vette down there today and show it, not sure if he did or not. Wife made me go to the Zoo today so I missed it.

I know Casey was there with his Vette, and there was a Red C5 almost all decked out like Gary's...but I am sure his has not been taken apart to the bare metal and fiberglass like Gary's. :D

Tony Watson and I have been on the hunt to find info on a Red C4 that has all of the Vette guys I know that were there baffled. It was signed as being a

ZR
1-Glass Top
Only 200 Made

None of us could not find the owner to ask him about it, but after looking through books, web pages and Corvette Action Center, the only ZR option code we could find was ZR-1. This car had a LT-1 engine, Sawblade wheels, did not have the widened rear end, and was an automatic...definitely not a Z car. :beatup:

Since it is also a DD, I don't think the Vert is inside caliber, but next year, I will be entering for the outside part.

GB Vette 10-04-2009 10:20pm

I made it down there today for the outside show. Some pretty nice cars there, some not so nice. :seeya:

PortDawg 10-05-2009 6:24pm

I've seriously got to do something to remind me about shows to go to.

My memory sux...

tomurphjr 10-06-2009 9:49am

I didn't hear anything about it until Sunday evening. I was kinda bumed that I missed it. Oh well, I was busy with aeratoring/seeding the lawn anyways.