The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   23nme (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115604)

slewfoot 04-05-2018 8:28pm

23nme

Sent that in a while back and got the results. Pretty cool stuff. Didn't tell any family. Results are accurate. Had my son on it plus 2 1st cousins plus a shitload of cousins I never heard of coming off my great grandparents.

Olustee bus 04-06-2018 4:06am

DNA testing for the others like me who are not so up on such things.

Uncle Meat 04-06-2018 6:31am

I bought a kit for the wife and I at Christmas this past year. We spit in the tubes and sent it in. A month later they inform us my wife's sample didn't contain enough DNA to perform an analysis? They stated they would send out another test kit. I laughed at my wife about the lack of DNA in her saliva and made some cruel joke about possible foreign contamination. Then about 2 weeks later after we received the new kit for my wife I received an email stating my sample didn't contain enough DNA for analysis and that they would mail out another kit for me to use, WTF!? So we've both sent in our new samples and are still awaiting the results. 3 months in and we're still waiting... :cuss:

U.M.

Rob 04-06-2018 7:29am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Meat (Post 1622470)
I bought a kit for the wife and I at Christmas this past year. We spit in the tubes and sent it in. A month later they inform us my wife's sample didn't contain enough DNA to perform an analysis? They stated they would send out another test kit. I laughed at my wife about the lack of DNA in her saliva and made some cruel joke about possible foreign contamination. Then about 2 weeks later after we received the new kit for my wife I received an email stating my sample didn't contain enough DNA for analysis and that they would mail out another kit for me to use, WTF!? So we've both sent in our new samples and are still awaiting the results. 3 months in and we're still waiting... :cuss:

U.M.

Should have sent them some stool and ask them if they can find your crap now

Barn Babe 04-06-2018 2:27pm

That's discriminatory. What about the folks with an extra chromosome?

NeedSpeed 04-06-2018 3:13pm

My mom and I did ours recently. It was pretty cool, nothing too surprising with ours. I'm truly a half-breed :D

SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84 04-06-2018 4:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeedSpeed (Post 1622524)
My mom and I did ours recently. It was pretty cool, nothing too surprising with ours. I'm truly a half-breed :D

Half your mom's and half your dad's?

NeedSpeed 04-06-2018 4:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84 (Post 1622538)
Half your mom's and half your dad's?

Dad is Greek, mom is Bohemian. The DNA showed it to be pretty pure on both sides.

Expected to be more of a mutt :lol:

Cybercowboy 04-06-2018 4:33pm

They have your DNA now.

NeedSpeed 04-06-2018 4:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cybercowboy (Post 1622546)
They have your DNA now.

:ohnoes:

m and t's77 04-06-2018 5:20pm

Quote:

They have your DNA now.

Exactly...

https://borgdotcom.files.wordpress.c...-snatchers.jpg

SQUIRMIN VERMIN 84 04-06-2018 7:18pm

:rofl:

markids77 04-06-2018 7:22pm

Quote:

They have your DNA now.

Seriously; think about it. You voluntarily allowed a for profit business access to your entire genome. I don't know about you but the fact they can now do pretty much whatever they see fit with that information scares the hell out of me.

04 commemorative 04-06-2018 10:05pm

Kids bought me one two years ago....still have not done it....don't really care and not giving anyone my DNA

Sea Six 04-07-2018 2:32am

Quote:

They have your DNA now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by markids77 (Post 1622563)
Seriously; think about it. You voluntarily allowed a for profit business access to your entire genome. I don't know about you but the fact they can now do pretty much whatever they see fit with that information scares the hell out of me.

So I guess you guys walk around in a full body condom all the time, right?

And take all your food leftovers, utensils, etc. home with you, never use public toilets, never wash your hands away from home? Never spit on the sidewalk?

'Cause you're leaving a veritable DNA tsunami everywhere you go.

:skiapet:

Olustee bus 04-07-2018 4:12am

I was really surprised with my results. I was pretty sure it be about 95% Irish, it turned out to be in large part west Europe which pretty much east Germany, Yugoslavia down to Bulgaria.

I know that is from my fathers side. He was illegitimate and we only know his mothers name. She left her home in Mississippi to have the child in Alabama and my father was adopted. I always thought he was Italian possibly. Oh well, I will not know.

slewfoot 04-07-2018 6:58am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Meat (Post 1622470)

U.M.

I had enough spit but did not register it properly which added a couple weeks. may want to check it out

slewfoot 04-07-2018 7:06am

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04 commemorative (Post 1622583)
Kids bought me one two years ago....still have not done it....don't really care and not giving anyone my DNA

My son up in Oregon talked me into doing it.When I got my results last week and was looking it all over. it was pretty cool. I noticed he showed up as 48% and labeled as probably your son which he obviously was.

Since it also brought in a few other relatives I knew. What happens if I take a look again someday and see someone else as 48%? It would not surprise me much considering my wilder flying days when I was younger.

That's a lot of back child support. :dance:

Cybercowboy 04-07-2018 8:01am

Quote:

Originally Posted by markids77 (Post 1622563)

It's no big deal. It's just owned by the sister of the CEO of Google.

Cybercowboy 04-07-2018 8:02am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sea Six (Post 1622592)
So I guess you guys walk around in a full body condom all the time, right?

And take all your food leftovers, utensils, etc. home with you, never use public toilets, never wash your hands away from home? Never spit on the sidewalk?

'Cause you're leaving a veritable DNA tsunami everywhere you go.

:skiapet:

Well, you also leave your fingerprints all over the place. But unless you've been fingerprinted, there's jack they can do with that information.