The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Tips & Tricks - How To's (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=70)
-   -   Leaf Blower makes a good car dryer! (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104)

Vet4jdc 10-09-2009 12:21pm

Leaf Blower makes a good car dryer!

All right...first in with a tip!

I just got a new Sthil leaf blower that will work great this fall on the leaves in the yard. Until then, it makes a great dryer for blowing water out of the mirrors, door jambs, and wheels on the C5. Cut's my drying time by a good 30%!

:Corvette:

DropTheTop 10-09-2009 12:28pm

I used mine for a while, but for some reason I went back to my trusty chamois for the Vette. I still use the blower for my lawn tractor and bikes though. :thumbsup:

Dougzilla 10-09-2009 4:47pm

My neighbor look at me like I crazy when I dry my car with the leaf blower.

illmac77 10-09-2009 4:56pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dougzilla (Post 1080)
My neighbor look at me like I crazy when I dry my car with the leaf blower.

i used mine one and yes the neighbors are like this guy must be crazy...

03SlowZ06 10-09-2009 5:12pm

I think it works great. Screw the neighbors.

Vet4jdc 10-09-2009 5:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 03SlowZ06 (Post 1088)
I think it work great. Screw the neighbors.

I agree...my neighbors look at me like I'm crazy when I pull the wheels off to wash the inside of them!

03SlowZ06 10-09-2009 5:44pm

I get the same look every other day. They think I am nuts. Detail spray every other day.

Sneaks 10-09-2009 6:14pm

Make sure you only use an electric leaf blower, or gas one that doesn't cycle the exhaust gas through the unit. The gas ones that cycle exhaust through the unit throw oil specks on your car. :thumbs:

Munch 10-09-2009 6:15pm

I always use my "Vette blower" (it's sold as a leaf blower but it's now a Vette blower". It doesn't work so great when it's chilly out though, I bet a heated one would work awesome but I am just a poor man in Suffolk so I will have to make do with what I have.

thegreenman 10-09-2009 6:56pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vet4jdc (Post 1050)
All right...first in with a tip!

I just got a new Sthil leaf blower that will work great this fall on the leaves in the yard. Until then, it makes a great dryer for blowing water out of the mirrors, door jambs, and wheels on the C5. Cut's my drying time by a good 30%!

:Corvette:

We can use them on the leaves too. :D

I use mine every time for the whole car.

DropTheTop 10-10-2009 9:37am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sneaks (Post 1119)
Make sure you only use an electric leaf blower, or gas one that doesn't cycle the exhaust gas through the unit. The gas ones that cycle exhaust through the unit throw oil specks on your car. :thumbs:

Words of wisdom right there. :iagree:

Culookin 10-13-2009 10:20am

If you like the leaf blower, you HAVE to go get the master blaster... I got it from a vendor on CF and it heats the air as it blows at like 250mph... So not only are you blowing the water off your car, but it evaporates the little droplets quickly too... Best $200.00 I ever spent! Takes literally 5 minutes to dry my vette and 15 minutes for my SUV :thumbs:

09CTSV 10-13-2009 6:26pm

I've looked at the Master Blaster and it would be a welcome relief for all four cars. I just need to convince the significant other we could use it on the dogs as well and all would be good with the universe!!
:chevy:

thegreenman 10-13-2009 7:46pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Culookin (Post 1953)
If you like the leaf blower, you HAVE to go get the master blaster... I got it from a vendor on CF and it heats the air as it blows at like 250mph... So not only are you blowing the water off your car, but it evaporates the little droplets quickly too... Best $200.00 I ever spent! Takes literally 5 minutes to dry my vette and 15 minutes for my SUV :thumbs:

If you are referring to Ed @ www.nakidparts.com, you can say it here, you aren't on the CF.

Culookin 10-14-2009 2:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegreenman (Post 2032)
If you are referring to Ed @ www.nakidparts.com, you can say it here, you aren't on the CF.

Haha yep, he's a great vendor! Sorry, forgot we're in a better place!

Quote:

Originally Posted by 09CTSV (Post 2007)
I've looked at the Master Blaster and it would be a welcome relief for all four cars. I just need to convince the significant other we could use it on the dogs as well and all would be good with the universe!!
:chevy:

I've used it to blow out the leaves in the garage and dry some stuff quickly I spray painted... It sure does come in handy!

Defib1961 10-05-2010 9:46pm

I used to use a blower on my cars.........but then I divorced her. :leaving:

Sorry guys I had to. Thanks to everyone for the tips. :cheers::cheers:

Cobra4B 10-06-2010 8:48am

I've been using an electric leaf blower for years.... I used to use a california water blade, but now just use the leaf blower then touch up any spots with a drying towel. Works great... faster and no swirls.

Jbust3 10-06-2010 9:56am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Culookin (Post 1953)

On my List to Santa

GRN ENVY 10-06-2010 11:03am

I use a nozzle on my air compressor. Works well

Sneaks 10-06-2010 9:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Defib1961 (Post 47115)
I used to use a blower on my cars.........but then I divorced her. :leaving:

Sorry guys I had to. Thanks to everyone for the tips. :cheers::cheers:

:lol: