The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Practice day at National Championships (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120176)

Datawiz 09-02-2019 6:36pm

Practice day at National Championships

3 Attachment(s)
I think G can do really well. Weather looks good for Tue/Wed when she runs. I run Thu/Fri, Fri may have weather.

Datawiz 09-02-2019 6:37pm

They have freshly ground very large swaths of concrete, and it's windy as hell. Everyone is wearing painter's masks to keep from breathing the crap. :willy:

JRD77VET 09-02-2019 6:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by datawiz (Post 1682558)
They have freshly ground very large swaths of concrete, and it's windy as hell. Everyone is wearing painter's masks to keep from breathing the crap. :willy:

Great, not only do you get to ingest it but the engines get that abrasive dust too:seasix:

snide 09-02-2019 6:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by datawiz (Post 1682558)

I was wondering if that guy had SARS or something...

GentleBen 09-07-2019 2:14pm

So how did the two of you do in your respective classes?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Datawiz 09-07-2019 2:47pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by GentleBen (Post 1682974)
So how did the two of you do in your respective classes?

Inquiring minds want to know!

GWiz finished 13 of 15, I withdrew after day 1 due to an injured foot. I haven't been able to walk all week and it kept getting worse. Now I'm sick, and I think it's because of all of the dust, have a bronchial infection I think.

snide 09-07-2019 4:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by datawiz (Post 1682976)
GWiz finished 13 of 15, I withdrew after day 1 due to an injured foot. I haven't been able to walk all week and it kept getting worse. Now I'm sick, and I think it's because of all of the dust, have a bronchial infection I think.

Major suckage. Hope you get well soon! :angel:

JRD77VET 09-07-2019 6:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by datawiz (Post 1682976)

Sorry to hear , get yourself better. Was G close ( timewise)?

Datawiz 09-07-2019 6:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRD77VET (Post 1682985)
Sorry to hear , get yourself better. Was G close ( timewise)?

Nope, she wasn't even close, but that's a good thing. Her first day was pretty weak. She benchmarks herself with her co-driver, and wants to be within 2 seconds. She wasn't even close.

On day two, she reverted to how I taught her how to drive and she lit up. Drop from lap 1 to 2 was 2.9 seconds, from 2 to 3 was another 9/10ths, and she had an easy .5 second fuckup. She got into the time window she wanted. She understands now how the 1300 drivers in Lincoln are the best of the best. In Georgia, there might be 2 or 3 ringers in her class, and the rest field fillers, but in Lincoln, those 2 or 3 ringers from each region are IN LINCOLN. It's humbling to get your ass kicked there.

Regardless, she's caught the bug again, and her co-driver has offered her another ride in the Florida State Championship the weekend before Thanksgiving, so she'll be coming home twice in November. We've already booked the tickets. She knows she needs to be in the seat as much as possible if another attempt at Lincoln is in her future. :yesnod:

She has an easy semester, so she's looking up more events to go run her Miata.