The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Trump saw his shadow (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122135)

Stangkiller 03-29-2020 7:11pm

Trump saw his shadow

4 more weeks of quarantine. :shots:

Bill 03-29-2020 8:12pm

The Following User
Says Thanks for nothing to
Stangkiller For This Unpleasant Post: bill_daniels

:dance:

markids77 03-29-2020 8:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1747520)
The Following User
Says Thanks for nothing to
Stangkiller For This Unpleasant Post: bill_daniels

Take a chill pill Bill.

04 commemorative 03-29-2020 10:21pm

I wish everyone that has negative comments about how this is being handled would come up with the solution or the person that has the magic wand.

Stangkiller 03-29-2020 10:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04 commemorative (Post 1747604)
I wish everyone that has negative comments about how this is being handled would come up with the solution or the person that has the magic wand.

While I get the distancing, it gives the medical industry time to find a way to fight it for our more vulnerable citizens. I知 shocked and appalled that the government thinks it has/has anywhere near this much authority over our private lives.

4 more weeks, way more than I Expected but it is what it is, I知 putting in way more hours from home than I was in the office. So complaint against trump? Meh more so just a funny comment.

Bill 03-29-2020 11:20pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stangkiller (Post 1747615)
While I get the distancing, it gives the medical industry time to find a way to fight it for our more vulnerable citizens. I知 shocked and appalled that the government thinks it has/has anywhere near this much authority over our private lives.

4 more weeks, way more than I Expected but it is what it is, I知 putting in way more hours from home than I was in the office. So complaint against trump? Meh more so just a funny comment.

This. ^^

BOTY 03-29-2020 11:22pm

My wife works remote for a hospital this was news three days ago, another month deal with it. I'm trying to get a job in this cluster****. :rofl:

MEANZ06 03-30-2020 5:45am

We're in our "bug out" spot in the mountains, stocked,
locked & loaded, gonna wait this one out... :seasix:

Stay safe folks!

Stangkiller 03-30-2020 6:17am

Quote:

Originally Posted by MEANZ06 (Post 1747632)
We're in our "bug out" spot in the mountains, stocked,
locked & loaded, gonna wait this one out... :seasix:

Stay safe folks!

My bug out plans have always been to head to my inlaws ranch. Considering they池e in the vulnerable category, we won稚 go up there and have asked them not to come down here. Although getting some help with my toddler so wife and I can both work would be really nice.

Mick 03-30-2020 6:55am

Did anyone check yesterday's numbers?

04 commemorative 03-30-2020 7:19am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stangkiller (Post 1747615)

Not defending anyone here....like everyone else I would like to see this end well....all I'm saying is everyone has a better idea but no one seems to come up with anything that works....Republican,Democrat,Independent.....time to come together people and come out on top.....and I love funny comments too :seasix: :patriot:

Mike Mercury 03-30-2020 8:39am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 1747646)
Did anyone check yesterday's numbers?

confirmed cases worldwide: 737,929

conformed deaths worldwide: 35,019

4.6 % death rate.

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashb...23467b48e9ecf6

dvarapala 03-30-2020 9:08am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stangkiller (Post 1747463)
4 more weeks of quarantine. :shots:

At least. :yesnod:

So what was the point of telling everyone that the country would be open for business again by Easter? :rolleyes:

dvarapala 03-30-2020 9:12am

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04 commemorative (Post 1747604)

We all know the solution: slow down the rate of spread, flatten the curve, and eventually develop Herd Immunity. Once 70% of the population has been infected with and recovered from this virus we can get back to normal.

Steve_R 03-30-2020 9:27am

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvarapala (Post 1747680)
We all know the solution: slow down the rate of spread, flatten the curve, and eventually develop Herd Immunity. Once 70% of the population has been infected with and recovered from this virus we can get back to normal.

:spdchk:

Quit drinking the Kool Aid dude.

Little Red L98. 03-30-2020 9:50am

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvarapala (Post 1747679)
At least. :yesnod:

So what was the point of telling everyone that the country would be open for business again by Easter? :rolleyes:

Bullshit conjecture with no basis in science or medicine. :yesnod:

Raazor 03-30-2020 9:55am

https://hosting.photobucket.com/albu...nthread-11.jpg

Steve_R 03-30-2020 10:01am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Red L98. (Post 1747694)
Bullshit conjecture with no basis in science or medicine. :yesnod:

Or a goal to shoot for, which was changed once he realized it can't be met. Nah, that can't be it.

One of our local news stations this morning was giving the usual gloom & doom projections of cases and deaths, and then actually said "This is a worst case projection and isn't what will probably happen," which was refreshing to hear from the media. Using best case (Trump) or worst case (MSM) projections are equally bad IMO.

C3C7NIC 03-30-2020 10:18am

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04 commemorative (Post 1747652)
Not defending anyone here....like everyone else I would like to see this end well....all I'm saying is everyone has a better idea but no one seems to come up with anything that works....Republican,Democrat,Independent.....time to come together people and come out on top.....and I love funny comments too :seasix: :patriot:

The answer exists:

WIDE spread testing, and I am not just referring to the rapid 15 minute testing or the ridiculous testing that we are CURRENTLY doing where the results lag for 4-8 days!:thomas:

Preferably, there would be extensive antibody testing. Why is that superior?

This testing (blood) would allow us to see who has been infected and has developed an immunity, know who has not had an exposure and is at risk and who might be currently infected and contagious. Knowing this would allow us to make better decisions on who can get back to life as we know it and who should not.

Now to get the tests widely available is the obstacle.

Keep in mind, this will not negate the current need for social distance/isolate, because the data we are seeing are lagging about 2-3 weeks behind the actual numbers. Numbers in the USA are doubling about every 3-4 days, which is not what we want to see.

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavir...ses-by-country

Steve_R 03-30-2020 10:35am

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3C7NIC (Post 1747717)
The answer exists:

WIDE spread testing, and I am not just referring to the rapid 15 minute testing or the ridiculous testing that we are CURRENTLY doing where the results lag for 4-8 days!:thomas:

Why aren't we doing widespread testing? Is it due to .gov (FDA) delays in approval of new tests? Lag in manufacturing of new test kits? Lab delays? Why can other countries quickly ramp up testing and we can't? :shrug: