The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   C5 Open Discussion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   LS6 Intake (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1848)

1TZSLO 02-09-2010 6:37pm

LS6 Intake

Since my S/C setup for the summer depends on if my motorcycle sells.

Is it worth it to install the LS6 Intake and grab a quick tune since its just sitting in my apartment?:beat:

FRC Joe 02-10-2010 8:27am

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1TZSLO (Post 23042)
Since my S/C setup for the summer depends on if my motorcycle sells.

Is it worth it to install the LS6 Intake and grab a quick tune since its just sitting in my apartment?:beat:

I'd be inclined to either put it on without a tune or wait until the blower goes on. Who is going to be doing your tuning? Will they do updates for less $$ after the 1st tune?

tomurphjr 02-10-2010 8:32am

I don't think a tune is necessary for an LS1 to LS6 intake swap. Now if you were doing full exhaust, I'd say yes, get a tune.

Put it on and see if you can tell any difference.

Cobra4B 02-10-2010 9:41am

LS1Howto.com has a good swap w/ pics. I know in some of the early LS1s you have to dremmel a little portion of the block to do the swap.

1TZSLO 02-10-2010 11:43am

There is also a block off plate you have to buy, I have the lik saved somewhere on my computer. I guess I could just wait till I the procharger. Its not like I will gain much hp from it with just a intake swap.

Peter Pan 02-11-2010 11:25am

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1TZSLO (Post 23210)
There is also a block off plate you have to buy, I have the lik saved somewhere on my computer. I guess I could just wait till I the procharger. Its not like I will gain much hp from it with just a intake swap.

Good idea to wait until you do the S/C as the intake swap by itself will not be get you much in seat of the pants feel:cheers:

chargedc5 02-11-2010 12:40pm

not worth the tune, if you have one you could put it on but for around your goals of 550 rwhp you can do alot more for the same or less money! Headers, smaller supercharger pulley, meth, BETTER TIRES, lol, ETC, ETC!

tomurphjr 02-11-2010 1:08pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1TZSLO (Post 23210)

When I install my LS6 intake, I'm going to dremel the bottom of the intake so I don't have to change the setup. Do a search on LS1tech. You find the info on exactly what I'm talking about.

1TZSLO 02-11-2010 3:50pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by chargedc5 (Post 23380)
not worth the tune, if you have one you could put it on but for around your goals of 550 rwhp you can do alot more for the same or less money! Headers, smaller supercharger pulley, meth, BETTER TIRES, lol, ETC, ETC!

Tires will be a Bday present