The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mid-Atlantic Regional Events/Discussion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Save the Date - Vettes at Waterside - April 10, 2010 (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1730)

thegreenman 02-09-2010 9:15pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by WKMCD (Post 23085)
I came down two years ago and had a good time. So, what's the dealio with the tenants???

They have been having some shooting, muggings and at least one fatality. Sounds like they are blaming it on the clubs down there instead of the people causing the crime.

WKMCD 02-09-2010 9:17pm

I came down two years ago and had a good time. So, what's the dealio with the tenants???

thegreenman 02-09-2010 9:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by WKMCD (Post 23088)

You must really want to know, you asked twice. :D

zz4vetteguy 02-09-2010 10:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegreenman (Post 23091)
You must really want to know, you asked twice. :D

I just thought it was because it was Downtown Norfolk, and no one really wanted to pay out the wazoo to park to go to a crappy little mall.

thegreenman 02-09-2010 10:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by zz4vetteguy (Post 23125)
I just thought it was because it was Downtown Norfolk, and no one really wanted to pay out the wazoo to park to go to a crappy little mall.

That and crime tends to be a turn-off. If it wasn't for Vettes at Waterside I would never go down to Waterside. Now it takes an hour to go to VB, image how long it will take when they start the toll booths. It will be quicker for me to head to DC to get things done than to head to VB.

zz4vetteguy 02-09-2010 11:15pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegreenman (Post 23129)
That and crime tends to be a turn-off. If it wasn't for Vettes at Waterside I would never go down to Waterside. Now it takes an hour to go to VB, image how long it will take when they start the toll booths. It will be quicker for me to head to DC to get things done than to head to VB.

I go PAST Waterside all the time. I love it when a Ship is in port, even after vacationing on one, it still amazes me how big those cruise ships are up close, and the ones we get are not even the REALLY big ones.

Edit: and yes, I do know how big the Naval ships are, my grandfather is a retired Navy Captain, played a change of command or two, and have a just a few military friends...I have been on or around several ships in the fleet.

thegreenman 02-09-2010 11:26pm

I am not much for water or terrorist, I mean tourist areas, but I had a good time at waterside last year and look forward to it again this year.

Vet4jdc 02-10-2010 8:18am

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegreenman (Post 23129)

I go to Waterside "TWICE" a year. Once to setup everything with the City and Fest Events....and once for Vettes at Waterside! :D

thegreenman 02-10-2010 8:44am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vet4jdc (Post 23184)
I go to Waterside "TWICE" a year. Once to setup everything with the City and Fest Events....and once for Vettes at Waterside! :D

My check for Waterside is on the way today, I should have given it to you last Thursday.

Vet4jdc 02-10-2010 12:46pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegreenman (Post 23195)
My check for Waterside is on the way today, I should have given it to you last Thursday.

Could'a saved yourself that 44 cents! :D

Eagleeye 02-10-2010 3:37pm

Ck. in mail today...

thegreenman 02-10-2010 6:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vet4jdc (Post 23212)
Could'a saved yourself that 44 cents! :D

It was more like 60 cents, all I had was two old stamps laying around. I pay all my bills electronically now, who needs stamps anymore.

Vet4jdc 02-11-2010 7:55am

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegreenman (Post 23254)
It was more like 60 cents, all I had was two old stamps laying around. I pay all my bills electronically now, who needs stamps anymore.

Dang Jeff...that's an extra 16 cents that you could have spent on Vette mods! :yesnod:

Maybe next year we can do online registration instead of the mailing thing? The Beachcombers never set that up on their website but perhaps we can talk Gary into doing through the Vette Barn?

(now there's an idea, I'll start working on that for next year)

thegreenman 02-11-2010 8:42am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vet4jdc (Post 23331)
Dang Jeff...that's an extra 16 cents that you could have spent on Vette mods! :yesnod:

Maybe next year we can do online registration instead of the mailing thing? The Beachcombers never set that up on their website but perhaps we can talk Gary into doing through the Vette Barn?

(now there's an idea, I'll start working on that for next year)

I was going to do some mods for Waterside, but that extra postage put me over my budget, maybe next year.

If you do something like PayPal, they charge a service fee, I think 3 percent. I would pay extra for the convince.

zz4vetteguy 02-12-2010 10:41pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegreenman (Post 23339)
I was going to do some mods for Waterside, but that extra postage put me over my budget, maybe next year.

If you do something like PayPal, they charge a service fee, I think 3 percent. I would pay extra for the convince.

:iagree::iagree:

Vet4jdc 02-13-2010 8:07am

Quote:

Originally Posted by zz4vetteguy (Post 23836)
:iagree::iagree:

Hey Joe...I sent the Street Dreams an e-mail to let them know about Waterside and the date but got no response at all. Can you make sure they have the date on their calendar?

Thanks!

zz4vetteguy 02-13-2010 1:02pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vet4jdc (Post 23909)
Hey Joe...I sent the Street Dreams an e-mail to let them know about Waterside and the date but got no response at all. Can you make sure they have the date on their calendar?

Thanks!

Sure, Lee and I will be at the meeting today, I will bring it up. :cheers:

zz4vetteguy 02-14-2010 10:00am

It was talked about by all 4 people who were there....a little dusting of snow and no one wants to come out. Hell, I even had the vert there. :toetap:

PortDawg 02-16-2010 11:09am

Somebody send me the form please....

Munch 02-16-2010 7:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by PortDawg (Post 24405)
Somebody send me the form please....

I sent ya a PM in case nobody did yet.

For anyone elso who needs the form. 2010 Waterside Form