The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Trail of Tears II: Brandon Boogaloo (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130465)

Bill 11-30-2022 7:29pm

Trail of Tears II: Brandon Boogaloo

https://news.yahoo.com/biden-adminis...183928022.html

Quote:

Biden administration commits millions of dollars to relocate Native tribes threatened by climate change

Ben Adler·Senior Editor
Wed, November 30, 2022 at 12:39 PM

The Biden administration announced Wednesday a $135 million commitment to helping to relocate Native American tribes whose homes are threatened by the effects of climate change.
Using money from the 2021 bipartisan infrastructure law, the voluntary community-driven relocation program, led by the Department of the Interior, will assist 11 tribes with adapting to climate change — or, when necessary, moving their communities altogether.

“As all of you know, there are tribal communities that are at risk of being washed away, washed away by superstorms, rising sea levels and wildfires raging,” President Biden said at the White House on Wednesday, speaking at his administration’s first Tribal Nations Summit, with which the announcement was timed to coincide. “It’s devastating.”

Biden said the funds will be used “to move, in some cases, their entire communities back to safer ground.”
President Biden speaks at the Tribal Nations Summit.
President Biden speaks Wednesday at the Tribal Nations Summit at the Department of the Interior. (Patrick Semansky/AP)

Three coastal tribes that already are contending with flooding from rising sea levels and stronger storms are receiving grants to relocate. In Alaska, the Newtok Village and the Native Village of Napakiak, along with the Quinault Indian Nation in Washington state, are each receiving $25 million to help move their homes and businesses to higher ground.

Newtok Village, on the Ninglick River, is suffering from 70 feet per year of coastal erosion due to stronger storms and thawing permafrost. Erosion studies have found no cost-effective remedy. The new site of the village will be 9 miles away.

Napakiak is on the banks of the Kuskokwim River, which flows into the Bering Sea. It is losing 25 to 50 feet of land each year to erosion, and much of its critical infrastructure will be destroyed by the end of this decade. The village has already developed relocation plans but hasn’t been able to implement them due to a lack of funds.
Alternate thread title: Great White Hope Saves Noble Savages

DAB 11-30-2022 7:44pm

rising sea levels?

coastal erosion?

those are not the same thing.

sea level is stable, but if you build on unstable ground, then that's your fault.

where's my grant?

LATB 11-30-2022 8:05pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by StorytellerStealth (Post 2018392)
Drop in the bucket when you consider the American government has stolen 1.5 billion acres of native American land.:seasix:

You can start by giving yours back.

Dan47 11-30-2022 8:58pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by StorytellerStealth (Post 2018409)
Rather pay the reparations, so everybody pays their fair share:seasix:

How much is your fair share?

LATB 11-30-2022 9:25pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by StorytellerStealth (Post 2018409)
Rather pay the reparations, so everybody pays their fair share:seasix:

Pay all you want. I’m not giving a red cent.

Yadkin 11-30-2022 10:11pm

$25 million? How many times has FedCo spent that to rebuild millionaire's row on the east coast after every hurricane?

Yadkin 11-30-2022 10:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by StorytellerStealth (Post 2018453)
How about Florida, Mississippi, Alabama, and Louisiana:seasix:

Or New York, Massachusetts.

I haven't lived any lower than 800 feet. Ever.

Frankie the Fink 12-01-2022 7:55am

Ah yes, the whole "rising sea level" thing, and Pelosi is retiring to her $20 million dollar Florida beachfront coastal home. Nothing but more "wealth redistribution" under an act with a false name that the low-information idiots were all for. About like the Inflation Reduction Act that Biden's own Congressional Budget Office says will do NOTHING for inflation. I'm convinced the American voting public's collective intelligence is at its lowest in history.

LATB 12-01-2022 9:32am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan47 (Post 2018420)
How much is your fair share?

Telling that this was never answered. Likely because liberals want to use your money to satisfy their white guilt and virtue signaling.

73sbVert 12-01-2022 9:40am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink (Post 2018496)
... I'm convinced the American voting public's collective intelligence is at its lowest in history.

Well, if slew is the example of the elite thinking force we're supposed to look up to, we are farther into the slump than you can imagine.

Those that THINK they are "the smart ones" truly are not. Sigh.

DJ_Critterus 12-01-2022 9:45am

Quote:

Originally Posted by 73sbVert (Post 2018533)
Well, if slew is the example of the elite thinking force we're supposed to look up to, we are farther into the slump than you can imagine.

Those that THINK they are "the smart ones" truly are not. Sigh.

Don't forget that dumbass just posted he wants to pay reparations for something he wasn't part of. Don't leave him out of the mix of slumpers

Onebadcad 12-01-2022 10:22am

NOT ONE SINGLE EFFING DOLLARS of that $135M will be given to residents of reservations.
This is a scam, one of many, as pols do not make money unless money is spent, and the greatest windfall is yielded when the plan is total BS, THIS IS TOTAL BS!!

Follow this story for five years, you will find out LESS THAN ZERO went to those who were not pols, tribal leaders or research groups.

Aerovette 12-01-2022 10:32am

I pay my fair share and then some to this fkd up administration twice a month. Been doing so since I was 15.

Indians have not had to remain on reservations for a very long time. They CHOOSE to. They are government leaches that play the victim as well as anyone.

Aerovette 12-01-2022 10:34am

Quote:

Originally Posted by StorytellerStealth (Post 2018548)
You remind me of a career politatiction always taken money from the government. You are never contributing funds back into government. Maybe only real tax payers should be allowed to vote? You will not have to pay a dime for any government programs as you choose to be a government taker in life. Most here have chose to lead a career path of not living off government dole wether Federal, State of local :seasix: We pay for people like you:yesnod:

You speak with ****ed tongue.