The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   New Ride (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114966)

09CTSV 02-10-2018 9:17pm

New Ride

If things go right on Monday, I'll saying goodbye to the Denali and hello to a new CTS-V. Test drove one today and will more than likely pick it up Monday afternoon.
The Denali is having transmission issues and makes me wonder long term reliability on the truck. I'll post some pictures when I pick up the V.
Probably one of the most wicked cars for power I've driven. Couldn't believe the torque and power band on it. WOW!!

MrPeabody 02-10-2018 9:19pm

What is a V?

09CTSV 02-10-2018 9:20pm

1 Attachment(s)
One quick picture of the car.

JRD77VET 02-10-2018 9:22pm

:cool1:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPeabody (Post 1613353)
What is a V?

CTS-V

09CTSV 02-10-2018 9:28pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPeabody (Post 1613353)
What is a V?

Cadillac CTS-V, LT4 640 HP 630 Torque.

NCC-1701 02-10-2018 9:39pm

NICE...:seasix:

VatorMan 02-10-2018 9:58pm

I’d track that. :seasix:

GRN ENVY 02-10-2018 10:05pm

The Denali you bought like 2 years ago? Having problems already?

Oh, and those CTS- V are sweet

OddBall 02-10-2018 10:25pm

:cool1:

TripleBlack 02-10-2018 11:05pm

Our Wednesday night Vette get together is now infested with CTS-Vs and an ATS-V or two. Funny, it's all the young guys buying them. Most modded and wicked fast.

Do it... you will love it.

Stangkiller 02-11-2018 12:34am

Yup my trans was flushed at least 9 times before they finally agreed to put a new torque converter in it, I’m really unimpressed with the build quality of the Denali. I’m at 23k miles, they’ve had the dash apart for a rattle, tires balanced twice, 4plactic glossy things on the doors replaced, xm anntenea replaced, window regulator replaced and now the torque converter replaced....not sure how long I want to sit on this time bomb.

boracayjohnny 02-11-2018 1:02am

Quote:

Originally Posted by 09CTSV (Post 1613357)

Wow! I didn't realize it was that much for both.

boracayjohnny 02-11-2018 1:04am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stangkiller (Post 1613404)
Yup my trans was flushed at least 9 times before they finally agreed to put a new torque converter in it, I’m really unimpressed with the build quality of the Denali. I’m at 23k miles, they’ve had the dash apart for a rattle, tires balanced twice, 4plactic glossy things on the doors replaced, xm anntenea replaced, window regulator replaced and now the torque converter replaced....not sure how long I want to sit on this time bomb.

Is it me or is GM build quality have lots of problems?

One example; in 2000, I was dating a smokin' hot redhead with a Pontiac Sunfire. At the time, it was about six years old. The dash was actually coming apart. Up in the center, nearest the driver. The thing actually had space. :toetap::ack:

Millenium Vette 02-11-2018 1:44am

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by 09CTSV (Post 1613357)

Yeah, I'd be in on that all day long. :cert:

09CTSV 02-11-2018 5:39am

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRN ENVY (Post 1613368)
The Denali you bought like 2 years ago? Having problems already?

Oh, and those CTS- V are sweet

Been in the shop three times for the transmission. This past visit they flushed the trans per the bulletin and said it was good. The transmission still attempts to do a hole shot when pulling out of the garage, there is a bulletin for a check valve issue on the transmission, but shop couldn't duplicate. The transmission surges when driving down the road and buffets the truck. Some shifts from first to second even low power, it rings the drive shaft and clunks.

The 15/16 model year 8 speeds have known issues with the transmission and torque converter. The service manager said he was dizzy from reading all the bulletins. The same little jerk who was laughing when I had a case of the red ass for them delivering the truck back with a large grease smudge on the door.

VetteBoy1979 02-11-2018 7:40am

Congrats on the CTSV! I want it in white with the carbon fiber package, spoiler and splitter :seasix:

GRN ENVY 02-11-2018 7:41am

Wow, 70k suv and GM stil l cant figure out how to solve build quality. They have gone down hill in the last 3-4 years. Are you sure you want another GM? The new AMG e class sedan, the interior is beautiful with huge infotainment systems

Dont get me wrong I like the looks and performance. Played in one when I was still at carmax. But im not sure I want to own any newer GM products with all the horror stories.

Jeff '79 02-11-2018 8:02am

Quote:

Originally Posted by 09CTSV (Post 1613351)
If things go right on Monday, I'll saying goodbye to the Denali and hello to a new CTS-V. Test drove one today and will more than likely pick it up Monday afternoon.
The Denali is having transmission issues and makes me wonder long term reliability on the truck. I'll post some pictures when I pick up the V.
Probably one of the most wicked cars for power I've driven. Couldn't believe the torque and power band on it. WOW!!

The 24 Hours at Daytona did it for you, hu? :D

I'd drive that car in a heart beat. You must be stoked. :seasix::cool1:

Jeff '79 02-11-2018 8:07am

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRN ENVY (Post 1613423)
Wow, 70k suv and GM stil l cant figure out how to solve build quality. They have gone down hill in the last 3-4 years. Are you sure you want another GM? The new AMG e class sedan, the interior is beautiful with huge infotainment systems

Dont get me wrong I like the looks and performance. Played in one when I was still at carmax. But im not sure I want to own any newer GM products with all the horror stories.

I would agree.
A buddy had a Caddie and the steering wheel electronics were fubar.
The stealership changed it out TWICE ! and it was still bad.
He traded it rather quickly after the second try.
It was not a CT-VS though.
I'd like to get my hands on one of those to compare it to my 525i.
No comparison in HP obviously, but the handling is what I'd like to test out.
Fit, finish, and the rattle factor too.

09CTSV 02-11-2018 8:13am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff '79 (Post 1613426)
I would agree.
A buddy had a Caddie and the steering wheel electronics were fubar.
The stealership changed it out TWICE ! and it was still bad.
He traded it rather quickly after the second try.
It was not a CT-VS though.
I'd like to get my hands on one of those to compare it to my 525i.
No comparison in HP obviously, but the handling is what I'd like to test out.
Fit, finish, and the rattle factor too.

Took this on a drive to the house to show the wife. Yeah dealer let me take a 98K car by myself for a drive. The wife loved the looks and the interior. The car was rattle free, wind noise free and tight. I mean TIGHT. The steering was better than the BMW's I've owned which were very good. I took it through a few nice roads and was impressed even with the cooler weather.
I'm excited to get it Monday and start learning new things. I'm also anxious for the Spring Mountain Driving School, included in the purchase of the car.

The dealer is the one who sold the Denali to me, also screwed up the service on the Denali returning it with grease on the door and seats. When I mentioned it the sales manager was like, we all know about your problem and believe me you have nothing to worry about. I met him when I had my 09 with all the problems. This was right after the dealership got the Cadillac brand from another dealer whom GM refused to renew the license with. Honest person and a no pressure sale. So far a pleasant buying experience.