The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   33 years, she gets a dinner (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136881)

Onebadcad 03-15-2024 9:25am

33 years, she gets a dinner

Going here tonight, downtown FTL, traffic will suck, parking will be worse, but hey, she deserves it.

This is the place, https://santiagosbodega.com/

Here is the menu, https://santiagosbodega.com/menu

Any suggestions recommendations??

Unsuspicious 03-15-2024 9:29am

Tapas joint, meaning you'll probably order like a dozen dishes anyway. But carpaccio always a good start, dates and patatas are standard.

Bill 03-15-2024 9:35am

Happy anniversary!

:party: :party: :party:

Frankie the Fink 03-15-2024 9:41am

Our next anniversary is #48 and my research shows its the "Hydraulic Anniversary"; so I'll be getting Mama that brake job she's been wanting...

RMVette 03-15-2024 9:47am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 2232556)
Happy anniversary!

:party: :party: :party:

:iagree:

Onebadcad 03-15-2024 9:48am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unsuspicious (Post 2232553)
Tapas joint, meaning you'll probably order like a dozen dishes anyway. But carpaccio always a good start, dates and patatas are standard.

Been there before to their only other location in Key West.
Was a while back, but I remember the smaller dishes, so you order a lot of different things--very tasty meal.

Even though my memory sucks, I remember the Spicy Lentil Soup as OUTSTANDING, have not had better.

Onebadcad 03-15-2024 9:51am

Thanks, 33 years, we dated for four years before marriage, so 37 total.

She is the very best, my anchor in life's storms, she raised three AWESOME daughters, she treated my mom like hers.

I may be the most blessed man on the planet, I try my best to prove my thankfulness.

I may let her order dessert,,,

GTOguy 03-15-2024 11:13am

It all looks good to me. Rack of lamb, lentil soup, the tuna, smoked salmon, beef tenderloin, croquetas, etc. I would order several of the items and share. Enjoy!

Vandelay Industries 03-15-2024 11:29am

Looks good, enjoy!

I was pretty excited when Mrs. V said she wanted to go out to a tapas place. Turns out I misheard her and she didn't enjoy the evening as much as I did. :leaving:

Onebadcad 03-15-2024 11:38am

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTOguy (Post 2232616)
It all looks good to me. Rack of lamb, lentil soup, the tuna, smoked salmon, beef tenderloin, croquetas, etc. I would order several of the items and share. Enjoy!

Definitely going to do the lamb, beef and chicken, with the lentil soup.
Wifey will probably opt for a few of the non-meat dishes.
We will probably get a little of everything.
I will go my best not to bitch about the traffic and parking during the meal,,, that will take some energy.

04 commemorative 03-15-2024 11:51am

Congrats to both of you :seasix:....:groupwave:

Onebadcad 03-15-2024 11:52am

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04 commemorative (Post 2232645)
Congrats to both of you :seasix:....:groupwave:

She deserves more of the congrats.

Mick 03-15-2024 12:05pm

Happy Anniversary OBC!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink (Post 2232561)
Our next anniversary is #48 and my research shows its the "Hydraulic Anniversary"; so I'll be getting Mama that brake job she's been wanting...

Next month will be our 31st anniversary. I got her a carpet shampooer for Valentine's day, and honestly, I'm having trouble figuring out how I can top that. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advantage.

Onebadcad 03-15-2024 12:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 2232656)
Happy Anniversary OBC!

Next month will be our 31st anniversary. I got her a carpet shampooer for Valentine's day, and honestly, I'm having trouble figuring out how I can top that. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advantage.

You may want to start shopping for a bed for the garage.

Yadkin 03-15-2024 12:50pm

I'm thinking Arby's.

Onebadcad 03-15-2024 12:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yadkin (Post 2232687)
I'm thinking Arby's.

No why would I want to spoil her after all these years??

GTOguy 03-15-2024 1:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yadkin (Post 2232687)
I'm thinking Arby's.

You're a Kraut. Not a Foodie. For you, food is simply fuel to give you energy so you can resume work on your many projects.

My German grandfather was the same way. Food was fuel, that's all.

Glad I didn't get that gene. Food is one of my favorite things. About to have a Greek salad for lunch: fresh spinach, red onion, 3 types of peppers, olives, cucumber, creamy feta cheese, salami, tomato, etc.

Yadkin 03-15-2024 2:09pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTOguy (Post 2232723)
You're a Kraut. Not a Foodie. For you, food is simply fuel to give you energy so you can resume work on your many projects.

My German grandfather was the same way. Food was fuel, that's all.

Glad I didn't get that gene. Food is one of my favorite things. About to have a Greek salad for lunch: fresh spinach, red onion, 3 types of peppers, olives, cucumber, creamy feta cheese, salami, tomato, etc.

We had St. Patrick's Day dinner here last night, one of my favorites.

Corned beef in the pressure cooker (Instant Pot)- only other ingredients are water and one Guinness. Once that's done, take the beef out and cook the veggies in the broth, again in the pressure cooker: cabbage, potatoes, turnips- all big chunks. Wash it down with more Guinness. :yesnod:

04 commemorative 03-15-2024 2:21pm

Wife usually bakes the corned beef in the oven with spices and some water in a covered pan,shrinks less and very tender.Sometimes she boils it but not often. Potatoes ,carrots and cabbage are boiled.
Any left overs are made into either Navy Bean soup or cabbage soup.:eek:

Mick 03-15-2024 2:48pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onebadcad (Post 2232678)
You may want to start shopping for a bed for the garage.

That's a great idea! She can keep an eye on my 'vette while I sleep!

Thanks OBC! You're the best!