The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   C1 & C2 Corvette Open Discussion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   What did you do to you’re C1 or C2 today? (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121288)

FX VETTE 01-12-2020 9:21pm

What did you do to your C1 or C2 today?

Do any of you guys/gals modify or maintain your C1 or C2 yourself?

Kerrmudgeon 03-14-2020 9:16pm

1 Attachment(s)
Meh heh heh heh.....you don't really expect a reply to a C1 question on this board do you? I'd be surprised if 50% of the members here even have a Corvette or ridden in one!
Myself I do all my own work on my 62 except paint and alignment stuff. :thumbs:

MadInNc 03-14-2020 11:06pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kerrmudgeon (Post 1741686)
Meh heh heh heh.....you don't really expect a reply to a C1 question on this board do you? I'd be surprised if 50% of the members here even have a Corvette or ridden in one!
Myself I do all my own work on my 62 except paint and alignment stuff. :thumbs:

Not true... it took great pain and $ to complete my C2 IKEA Vette and she never ever did love me. Did look great when finished :seasix:

kolsen911 05-10-2020 11:35am

1 Attachment(s)
I do most of my own work on my C2 with the exception of coil over suspension in the rear. And now I'm waiting for it to come back from the shop with a new TREMEC 5 spd.

m and t's77 05-10-2020 8:02pm

Real shape looking car and the mini-lites look great on it.:seasix:

kolsen911 05-11-2020 12:01pm

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks, they're not minilites but I just like the look of 8 spoke wheels. Here's the little ducktail I added. The Vette purists just hate it but then it's for me not them.

kolsen911 06-07-2020 12:21pm

Went over to the shop last week to check on the TEMEC install progress. They had the transmission installed. Remember this is behind a 1957 Chrysler Hemi so they had to get a modified bell housing and then modify the clutch lever as it was hitting the firewall. But, it was all in with the exception of the driveshaft, which should be in the mail this week.

I gave them the 1 inch lower front coils I had in the garage, figured since they already had it up on a lift they could replace them easier than me. Sooo, I'm hoping to get her home this week. I think I'll drive around for a bit and then have that 3.23 rear replaced with the 3.73 I have in a box in the garage.

kolsen911 06-09-2020 1:28pm

Called again yesterday to see if the drive shaft has showed up yet. Talked to the fellow who is doing the work. I was taking the coil springs out and guesss what? The springs in there had the same part number as the new springs I got from Summit. So, he's going to heat the bottom of the coil so it will collapse enough to give me the 1" drop I wanted. Said he's use this technique many time in the past. Maybe Summit will take the springs back if I can find the order.

kolsen911 06-22-2020 11:34am

Got the Hemi/Vette back and am super pleased with the TREMEC. It's a little tight but they say after a 500 mile breakin and then new fluid it will be good to go. Sure enough 70 mph and 2000 rpm. The Hemi just loafs along and with 430 ft/lbs of torque at 2700 rpm there's no load on the engine. Now that summer is here in Oregon it's top down and go for a drive.

GTOguy 07-06-2022 2:24pm

3 Attachment(s)
Kolsen, Great to see you here!
I do all the work on my '61. Just the way it is.

RatDog 07-06-2022 3:43pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by FX VETTE (Post 1715297)
Do any of you guys/gals modify or maintain your C1 or C2 yourself?

I didn’t join the “car guy” club members until my later years. However, I was lucky to drive vintage cars back in the 60’s when they were new.

I mainly just do maintenance tasks but am slowing down on that because of health issues. Fortunately, I have a great mechanic with a shop within walking distance of my house. He’s factory trained in Lambos and Ferrari’s but his passion is muscle cars and vintage cars. After working most of the day on exotics, he gets a big smile on his face when I pull in with my car.

Steve

SJW 07-06-2022 9:09pm

Well, I thought I was going to replace the starter solenoid, adjust float levels in the AFB, and install the new repro glove box door that I received this week. Wound up chasing a leak in the power steering and getting diverted by a bunch of other crap that's unrelated to Corvettes, instead. The fun never ends! :D

Live well,

SJW