The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   So Wade has always wanted to do this picture. (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122752)

Loco Vette 06-03-2020 7:41am

So Wade has always wanted to do this picture.

2 Attachment(s)
Last night we made it happen.

Datawiz 06-03-2020 7:54am

Is that the next cover for Robb Report?

Stangkiller 06-03-2020 8:08am

I digg it I think I liked the full beard you had going.

snide 06-03-2020 9:37am

If those pics won't get the ladies to throw their panties at you, I don't know what will.

:cheers:

Loco Vette 06-03-2020 9:45am

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1771686)
If those pics won't get the ladies to throw their panties at you, I don't know what will.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

69camfrk 06-03-2020 3:00pm

That looks just like my jet airplane. Well, it would if I had one!:D:seasix:

MrPeabody 06-03-2020 3:42pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1771686)

Cash.

Datawiz 06-03-2020 5:34pm

For the uninitiated, who's Wade?

:waiting:

Stangkiller 06-03-2020 6:35pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by datawiz (Post 1771792)

A guy whos been trying to throw his panties at Val apparently

Datawiz 06-03-2020 6:58pm

Is it just me, or does part of this seem to be a chop? Val's body perimeter seems to be very pixelated. Not to mention Val's face is lit by sunshine, yet the sun is setting behind him. :leaving:

Regardless, I still like both photos, I prefer the one with the helmet.

Loco Vette 06-03-2020 9:11pm

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by datawiz (Post 1771807)
Is it just me, or does part of this seem to be a chop? Val's body perimeter seems to be very pixelated. Not to mention Val's face is lit by sunshine, yet the sun is setting behind him. :leaving:

A lot of effort went into those shots.

Grey Ghost 06-03-2020 9:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by datawiz (Post 1771807)

I'm not trying to pick it apart either. The first one is the best. But, it looks like the entire image was too sharp or pixelated and then he tried to smooth or blur the larger portion. Maybe it was too dark out for his equip. and used a very high ISO to compensate. Some camera's can't handle that high ISO without making it look like that.

If you notice in this zoomed image there is a pixelated border around him, car, plane, etc..but the rest is smooth or blurred. I think he tried to compensate in Photoshop. But, was trying to leave the Doc., car, etc...sharp.

They need to re-shoot at the 'golden hour' anyway. They left the locomotives out :lol:

https://i.imgur.com/0lZ1qgd.jpg

Loco Vette 06-03-2020 9:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey Ghost (Post 1771884)
I'm not trying to pick it apart either. The first one is the best. But, it looks like the entire image was too sharp or pixelated and then he tried to smooth or blur the larger portion. Maybe it was too dark out for his equip. and used a very high ISO to compensate. Some camera's can't handle that high ISO without making it look like that.

If you notice in this zoomed image there is a pixelated border around him, car, plane, etc..but the rest is smooth or blurred. I think he tried to compensate in Photoshop. But, was trying to leave the Doc., car, etc...sharp.

They need to re-shoot at the 'golden hour' anyway. They left the locomotives out :lol:

https://i.imgur.com/0lZ1qgd.jpg

Pixelation is likely due to the fact that so far I only have access to what he sent to my phone. When I have the HiRes version I will be sure to post.

Grey Ghost 06-03-2020 9:53pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loco Vette (Post 1771893)
Pixelation is likely due to the fact that so far I only have access to what he sent to my phone. When I have the HiRes version I will be sure to post.

Maybe ask him what ISO he shot at, gear, etc...just for the photo nerds on here.

We are -
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/pixel_peeper

Loco Vette 06-04-2020 11:57am

From Wade (not a member of VB but a cool guy who used to have a sweet C5)

Quote:

RE: the quality of the images, tell him they're low-res files so they load fast, not full-size, not over sharpened and not saturated.

Canon 1Dx Mark ll, Canon 16-35mm lens, 9 lights, ISO 200, f/22, 1/50th, and 1 assistant. The color balance was on flash, not auto white balance
Took the two of them close to 45 minutes from the time we parked the jet and the car until I put on the firesuit. Lotsa work.

Check out more of his stuff at www.wadepaynephoto.com. :cool2: stuff!

04 commemorative 06-04-2020 12:58pm

Quote:

Thought I was the only one .....whew, thanks :Jeff '79:

snide 06-04-2020 1:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loco Vette (Post 1772064)
From Wade (not a member of VB but a cool guy who used to have a sweet C5)

Took the two of them close to 45 minutes from the time we parked the jet and the car until I put on the firesuit. Lotsa work.

Check out more of his stuff at www.wadepaynephoto.com. :cool2: stuff!

Meh, he's no @Nitro-C5 or @Thomas... :rolleyes:

He's actually much better... :leaving:

Loco Vette 06-04-2020 1:38pm

Quote:

He is/was Vertago at the other place. You may have been at the same Cruise-Ins or Labor Day gatherings back in the day.

Stangkiller 06-04-2020 2:49pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loco Vette (Post 1772102)
He is/was Vertago at the other place. You may have been at the same Cruise-Ins or Labor Day gatherings back in the day.

Wait he isn’t the guy that Karen scared the shit out of with her driving the rental charger right?

Loco Vette 06-04-2020 2:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stangkiller (Post 1772134)
Wait he isn’t the guy that Karen scared the shit out of with her driving the rental charger right?

No, I think that was my buddy Brent.