The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   the daughter balked, claiming it was “her” home, even thoughparents had paid $110k.. (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119914)

Mike Mercury 07-31-2019 8:22am

the daughter balked, claiming it was “her” home, even thoughparents had paid $110k..

...The parents reportedly paid for their children’s education and their vehicles, covered the cost of their daughter’s elective surgery and helped finance homes for both of them. In the son’s case, the home financing was a loan that the son repaid.

https://www.foxnews.com/real-estate/...-supplied-cash

Judge: Parents can sell home of daughter, 37, because they supplied cash

In a ruling Tuesday, a judge sided with the parents in a dispute over a home they had helped buy for their 37-year-old daughter.

The parents wanted the home put up for sale because they ran into tax trouble and needed to access some cash, according to a report.

But the daughter balked, claiming it was “her” home, even though the parents had paid $110,000 of the cost. (It was unclear what percentage of the cost the dollar figure represented.)

The dispute has reportedly ripped the Canadian family apart.

“We were fair,” the mother told the Vancouver Sun. “We were never vindictive to (our daughter), but we’ve lost our daughter now. I just don’t know how it can be repaired because it’s done so much damage.”

The daughter’s lawyer said there would be no comment from her, the newspaper reported.

According to the Sun, the court case revealed that whenever their adult son and daughter needed something, their parents were supportive.

The parents reportedly paid for their children’s education and their vehicles, covered the cost of their daughter’s elective surgery and helped finance homes for both of them.

In the son’s case, the home financing was a loan that the son repaid.

In the daughter’s case, the parents had supplied the $110,000 toward the home purchase. But she argued that the land title, tax bills and day-to-day care of the property all suggested that she was the rightful owner.

In his ruling, British Columbia Supreme Court Justice Robert Punnett noted that the case was made more difficult because – as is the case with many family financial arrangements – documentation was lacking, and the bitterness resulting from the dispute made it difficult to assess the credibility of the family members.

Ultimately, he ordered that the home be sold, with the parents in charge, and that neither the daughter nor her representatives interfere with the sale.

https://image.shutterstock.com/image...w-77643097.jpg

DAB 07-31-2019 9:41am

I’m an adult 37 year old woman, give me my allowance

z06psi 07-31-2019 9:50am

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1679441)
I’m an adult 37 year old woman, give me my allowance

I am a purple minority refrigerator.

You offended me.

Loco Vette 07-31-2019 10:09am

Quote:

Originally Posted by z06psi (Post 1679442)
I am a purple minority refrigerator.

You offended me.

Gender fluid as well?

Mike Mercury 07-31-2019 10:15am

this is sooo easy to resolve; the princess (I mean daughter) can get a $110k second mortgage on this home and finally pay her parents back. She keeps (and finally fully owns) her house... and parents get the money they are needing.

z06psi 07-31-2019 10:34am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loco Vette (Post 1679443)
Gender fluid as well?

You can't ask me about my fluid you homosexually ingrained gay hater.

Millenium Vette 07-31-2019 10:37am

It would be interesting to know what British Columbia and Canadian law is on this matter. Also, if the reporter was worth a shit, they would have told us how the house was titled and what liens were against the house.

:cert:

Jobaka 07-31-2019 11:20am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury (Post 1679446)
this is sooo easy to resolve; the princess (I mean daughter) can get a $110k second mortgage on this home and finally pay her parents back. She keeps (and finally fully owns) her house... and parents get the money they are needing.

That's not how entitlement works.
Get with the program!

:dance:

DAB 07-31-2019 12:34pm

Quote:

:toetap: :slap:

"daddy, can i have $110k to pay you off?"

:faint:

bill_daniels 07-31-2019 12:59pm

Quote:

Well, she didn't obviously. Perhaps she was unable to get a loan because her credit is in the toilet? More probably, she's just an entitled snot who won't help her parents in their time of need.

69camfrk 07-31-2019 3:24pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loco Vette (Post 1679443)
Gender fluid as well?

Does that go in the tank under the hood on the left?

MrPeabody 07-31-2019 3:34pm

Quote:

But this was in Canada, so a court decision that would never happen in the USA is in order.:yesnod:

simpleman68 07-31-2019 8:59pm

Another spoiled princess; this time NOT from the U.S.

I do all I can to raise an amazing young lady that does not feel entitled but it's a struggle. Our culture is busy telling all girls they are amazing just because they are born female and puts NO emphasis on the merits of being intelligent, compassionate, kind etc.

I was sick and fukkin tired of it 10 years ago...
Scott