The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   TPLO surgery (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119574)

LisaJohn 07-17-2019 5:47pm

Poor Cricket. I hope it's a minor setback. Fletch can't figure out why he can't run free outside, swim or go for a ride. He's also taking Dasuquin joint supplement. The anxiety doggie drugs help.

LisaJohn 12-09-2019 5:23pm

De ja vu!!! 6 weeks out of surgery for Fletch’s left leg.

Cybercowboy 12-09-2019 5:35pm

I thought cats were expensive! :willy:

LisaJohn 12-09-2019 5:46pm

I can now add doggie nurse and physical therapist to my list.:willy:

BOTY 12-09-2019 6:04pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaJohn (Post 1690241)
I can now add doggie nurse and physical therapist to my list.:willy:

You have to care of your bestest buddies.

LilRedCorvette 12-09-2019 6:30pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaJohn (Post 1690233)

Continued well wishes for Fletch's TPLO Surgery - Part Deux :yesnod: :angel:

Datawiz 12-09-2019 7:57pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaJohn (Post 1690233)

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaJohn (Post 1677020)
Poor Cricket. I hope it's a minor setback. Fletch can't figure out why he can't run free outside, swim or go for a ride. He's also taking Dasuquin joint supplement. The anxiety doggie drugs help.

Part of the reason I opted NOT to have the surgery. Cricket has recovered, and adapted to her disability. She has learned to run (with an altered gate), but continues to have a great quality of life. She's still a moron at 11 and chases anything small and furry, despite her advanced age...she's definitely a puppy at heart. Since she no longer gets quite as much exercise as before, we've cut her food ration down from 3 total cups a day to 2, and it's having a positive impact on her weight. Less weight also means less wear and tear on the legs. Eventually her other leg may give out, but holy cow was that fast for your pup.

Best wishes for round #2.

LisaJohn 12-09-2019 8:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOTY (Post 1690245)
You have to care of your bestest buddies.

YES!

LisaJohn 12-09-2019 8:36pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by datawiz (Post 1690291)
Part of the reason I opted NOT to have the surgery. Cricket has recovered, and adapted to her disability. She has learned to run (with an altered gate), but continues to have a great quality of life. She's still a moron at 11 and chases anything small and furry, despite her advanced age...she's definitely a puppy at heart. Since she no longer gets quite as much exercise as before, we've cut her food ration down from 3 total cups a day to 2, and it's having a positive impact on her weight. Less weight also means less wear and tear on the legs. Eventually her other leg may give out, but holy cow was that fast for your pup.

Best wishes for round #2.

Glad to hear Cricket is doing well. The vet said a second tplo happens often. The vet said there is research and studies to investigate why so many dogs are having this type of injury. Fletcher’s recovery seemed to be easier this time. We are now rehab for 4 weeks.

BOTY 12-09-2019 8:43pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaJohn (Post 1690295)
YES!

:cert: Good that you love 'em enough to get them fixted up. :angel:

Datawiz 12-09-2019 8:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaJohn (Post 1690296)
Glad to hear Cricket is doing well. The vet said a second tplo happens often. The vet said there is research and studies to investigate why so many dogs are having this type of injury. Fletcher’s recovery seemed to be easier this time. We are now rehab for 4 weeks.

Glad your buddy is having a better go this time around. It's possible Fletcher "knows" what's going on and has his eyes on the finish line. Always easier when you've been through it before.

LisaJohn 12-09-2019 8:51pm

1 Attachment(s)
Yesterday’s nap time

LilRedCorvette 12-09-2019 11:19pm

Snug as a bug in a rug

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaJohn (Post 1690302)
Yesterday’s nap time

Awwwwww! He looks like he is resting comfortably with the rest of the crew :seasix: wish I could give him some pets and hugs :yesnod: feel better soon, Fletch! :kimblair: