The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   All I Gotta Do...... (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120734)

Norm 12-05-2019 4:41pm

All I Gotta Do......

2 Attachment(s)
....with this crowd is mention lunch run.....badabing-badaboom......:D

MrPeabody 12-05-2019 4:48pm

Go ahead...tell us what you had for lunch and make me homesick for Maryland.:lol:

DAB 12-05-2019 4:51pm

i had a grilled cheese and ham sammich. :yum:

it's been a long time since i had crab cakes in MD.

snide 12-05-2019 5:00pm

Need moar pics of the mid-year. :yesnod:

:cheers:

Norm 12-05-2019 5:12pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPeabody (Post 1688761)
Go ahead...tell us what you had for lunch and make me homesick for Maryland.:lol:

Nah, I don't want to do that to you, but I can tell you just about all 14 of us had a bowl of cream of crab soup, with just a moderate hint of Old Bay..........:D

Norm 12-05-2019 5:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAB (Post 1688762)

And they are still good..........

mrvette 12-05-2019 5:42pm

Quote:

I"ve caught crabs in Md........

I've gotten caught by a crab in Md........

nuff said......

Norm 12-05-2019 5:44pm

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by snide (Post 1688763)
Need moar pics of the mid-year. :yesnod:

:cheers:

Managed to scrounge up one.

Norm 12-05-2019 5:51pm

Quote:

I know pricey, but they do ship. Mmmmm, these are damn good too.

https://crabcakefactoryonline.com/collections/all

MrPeabody 12-05-2019 6:29pm

For good crab cakes simply follow the recipe on the can of Old Bay seasoning. You can even use canned blue crab meat.

When I was a kid, crabs in Maryland were cheap. Hell, they were free if you knew someone who lived on the water. Crab cakes were not a gourmet food, they were something you did with leftover cab meat. Cheap lunch for the kids. We used to put them between saltine crackers with a little ketchup on them. I can still see the red ketchup oozing through the little holes in the cracker when you bit into it. Good times.

I like the Dungeness crabs here on the west coast, but I steam them Maryland style. Very expensive, though. And it's weird because the season for them is the opposite of Maryland. We have them for Christmas dinner.

MadInNc 12-05-2019 6:52pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPeabody (Post 1688783)
For good crab cakes simply follow the recipe on the can of Old Bay seasoning. You can even use canned blue crab meat.

When I was a kid, crabs in Maryland were cheap. Hell, they were free if you knew someone who lived on the water. Crab cakes were not a gourmet food, they were something you did with leftover cab meat. Cheap lunch for the kids. We used to put them between saltine crackers with a little ketchup on them. I can still see the red ketchup oozing through the little holes in the cracker when you bit into it. Good times.

I like the Dungeness crabs here on the west coast, but I steam them Maryland style. Very expensive, though. And it's weird because the season for them is the opposite of Maryland. We have them for Christmas dinner.

Spent a lot of time out West, in PETALUMA. Many dinners of Dungeness had in Bodega bay or on the Pier in SF.... miss em. Ate them till I almost blew out :rofl:

mrvette 12-05-2019 7:02pm

When I wuz a little kid, Mom's favorite dinner was crab meat/cakes one way or another, Dad loved it......I got kinda tired of it......

so even today, I sorta don't make much out of it......rarely order it......

dwjz06 12-05-2019 7:31pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPeabody (Post 1688761)

Nobody is homesick for this place:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norm (Post 1688767)
Nah, I don't want to do that to you, but I can tell you just about all 14 of us had a bowl of cream of crab soup, with just a moderate hint of Old Bay..........:D

:seasix:

Quote:

About the only good thing about here.:seasix::cert:

MrPeabody 12-05-2019 8:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by dwjz06 (Post 1688808)
Nobody is homesick for this place:D

Well I get homesick for 1957 Maryland. That's when we moved to Alexandria.

dwjz06 12-05-2019 8:21pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPeabody (Post 1688824)
Well I get homesick for 1957 Maryland. That's when we moved to Alexandria.

Was pretty good back in the old days. Not anymore. Can't wait to leave. Will never come back. Even for good crab cakes. I know a guy. I will just have them shipped to me.:lol: