The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   "I know... we'll remake THE EXORCIST!!" (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=986)

ApexOversteer 11-14-2009 4:48pm

"I know... we'll remake THE EXORCIST!!"

In 1971 William Peter Blatty published the novel titled The Exorcist. In 1972, in a rare bout of intelligent thinking, Warner Brothers tapped Blatty to pen the screenplay for what became the scariest movie of the 20th century, directed by William Friedkin.

Now, in the remake crazed 21st century, the inevitable remake of The Exorcist is upon us. Blatty has authored a teleplay version of The Exorcist, to be directed by... William Friedkin.

You know what is really cool? Max Von Sydow is still alive... and still acting...

YELLOHH 11-14-2009 5:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApexOversteer (Post 12599)
You know what is really cool? Max Von Sydow is still alive... and still acting...

Yes, but everything he's done since Flash Gordon has been a disapointment.

ApexOversteer 11-14-2009 5:27pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by YELLOHH (Post 12607)
Yes, but everything he's done since Flash Gordon has been a disapointment.

You were disappointed by Minority Report?

Neutron 11-14-2009 5:30pm

I liked teh Minority Report... :shrug:

Munch 11-14-2009 5:53pm

Obviously somebody didn't see Rush Hour III.

ApexOversteer 11-14-2009 5:55pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munch (Post 12621)
Obviously somebody didn't see Rush Hour III.

I really don't think Max Von Sydow is why Rush Hour 3 sucks... :lol:

BuckyThreadkiller 11-14-2009 6:19pm

Who's playing Linda Blair's character? Her granddaughter?

Gina 11-14-2009 6:34pm

What are they going to do after they remake every successful movie made?

Remake the remakes?:willy::lolsmile:

ApexOversteer 11-14-2009 6:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gina (Post 12638)
What are they going to do after they remake every successful movie made?

Remake the remakes?:willy::lolsmile:

The 1939 film The Wizard Of Oz, believed by many to be one of the greatest movies ever made, isn't the first film adaptation of Baum's novel that was made... or the second... or the third...

... and any literary professor will tell you that the measure of a story is how often it is retold...

:D

Gina 11-14-2009 6:48pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApexOversteer (Post 12640)
The 1939 film The Wizard Of Oz, believed by many to be one of the greatest movies ever made, isn't the first film adaptation of Baum's novel that was made... or the second... or the third...

... and any literary professor will tell you that the measure of a story is how often it is retold...

:D

Logic, facts, reason??? Why bring those things into my rant?:kick::leaving::lolsmile::lolsmile::lolsmile:

Has Gone With The Wind ever been remade? You just made me wonder that.

ApexOversteer 11-14-2009 7:01pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gina (Post 12642)
Logic, facts, reason??? Why bring those things into my rant?:kick::leaving::lolsmile::lolsmile::lolsmile:

Has Gone With The Wind ever been remade? You just made me wonder that.

Gone With The Wind has not been remade, but there may be a sequel at some point, based on Alex Ripley's 1991 novel Scarlett

EDIT: I just rememebered... Gone With The Wind film rights are owned by MGM, who have never allowed a remake to be mounted. Unfortunately MGM is treading the bankruptcy waters, surrounded by sharks waiting for the asset auctions to begin. This will potentially open the door for a remake.

An interesting Gone With The Wind trivia tidbit...

The "burning of Atlanta" is actually the "native village" and "jungle wall" set from 1933's King Kong being burned.