The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mid-Atlantic Regional Events/Discussion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Yo Ratpackers (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1547)

zz4vetteguy 01-07-2010 11:34pm

Yo Ratpackers

Where is everyone, how is everyone, we need to get together to do something, ANYTHING soon.

tomurphjr 01-08-2010 9:51am

Joe,

I was thinking the same thing the other day! I'm up for something.

As soon as it warms up a bit I wanna have you mofo's over for a bbq....I'm so ready for spring/summer.

The car is in the garage under a cover with a battery that's pretty much dead. I really need to get a battery tender.

Munch 01-08-2010 10:01am

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomurphjr (Post 19456)
The car is in the garage under a cover with a battery that's pretty much dead. I really need to get a battery tender.

If you drove it these things wouldn't happen.

I've been laid up since Christmas but should be better soon and then I'd be up for something.

zz4vetteguy 01-08-2010 11:48am

The only thing is starting Saturday, I have symphony rehearsal from 9 till noon, but after that...

leec4ce 01-08-2010 1:23pm

AIK is open......Just saying

Eagleeye 01-08-2010 4:02pm

Cleaning radiator/condenser core and TB. Will button it up Sunday. Little bored here too..

thegreenman 01-08-2010 8:54pm

I am off for the next few weekends, lets do something.

zz4vetteguy 01-09-2010 9:13pm

Lee and I have a meeting at work on Saturday, and we are planning on setting something up for the afternoon, early evening. I will post up more Monday or Tuesday.

PortDawg 01-10-2010 4:50pm

I fly back in Friday night so....

thegreenman 01-12-2010 8:39pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by zz4vetteguy (Post 19593)
Lee and I have a meeting at work on Saturday, and we are planning on setting something up for the afternoon, early evening. I will post up more Monday or Tuesday.

Okay Joe, it is Tuesday night, still no post from you, are you going to let us down early this year. :rofl:

I have some work to do before hitting the road, I need more than 3 or 4 hours of sleep before working on the Vette first. :o_o:

thegreenman 01-12-2010 8:40pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by tomurphjr (Post 19456)
Joe,

I was thinking the same thing the other day! I'm up for something.

As soon as it warms up a bit I wanna have you mofo's over for a bbq....I'm so ready for spring/summer.

Tom,

Do you want to borrow my battery charger? It isn't a tender, but it will charge the ole battery.

tomurphjr 01-13-2010 8:18am

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegreenman (Post 19839)
Tom,

Do you want to borrow my battery charger? It isn't a tender, but it will charge the ole battery.

Thanks Jeff, but I borrowed the father-in law’s charger. I'm going to pick up a battery tender from Harbor Freight next weekend for $3.00. I know it's CHEAP, but I've only heard good things about it. Figured I'd give it a shot.

As far as this weekend,

Anyone ever been to chickahominy house in Williamsburg? I've been a few times and they have great food. http://www.oldchickahominy.com/

Or, we could do AIK like Lee mentioned.

Just throwing some options out there.

thegreenman 01-13-2010 8:35am

No AIK for me, I don't want to try to get my big butt into a little kart. :notfunny:

YorkL8apex 01-13-2010 8:10pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by thegreenman (Post 19859)
No AIK for me, I don't want to try to get my big butt into a little kart. :notfunny:

Come on Jeff, you and I would have plenty-o-traction in those itty bitty carts:auto:

Eagleeye 01-13-2010 8:15pm

The " Hog Wild " on US Rt. 60, 15 minutes west of Williamsburg has best B-B-Que[ and also some cajun specialties] in Eastern Va. !!! Daily Press rated " Best B-B-Que " in two of last three years !!!

thegreenman 01-13-2010 8:22pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by YorkL8apex (Post 19907)
Come on Jeff, you and I would have plenty-o-traction in those itty bitty carts:auto:

Traction isn't what I am worried about, the little fellas would be lapping me before I could get off the start line due to the weight to power ratio. There is a reason I installed the SC, it makes the playing field equal. :lol:

Shrek 01-14-2010 8:02am

Tony and I are thinking about another NC gun run to Mackey's in Jamesville. Any of you mofos interested in a drive this Saturday late morning? It's a nice drive down with a lot of open road that's real easy for the pack to stay together. We typically meet up at the NC welcome center on RT. 17 south.

:dance:

***EDIT*** Posted this in Off Topic

leec4ce 01-14-2010 8:10am

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shrek (Post 19936)
Tony and I are thinking about another NC gun run to Mackey's in Jamesville. Any of you mofos interested in a drive this Saturday late morning? It's a nice drive down with a lot of open road that's real easy for the pack to stay together. We typically meet up at the NC welcome center on RT. 17 south. :dance:

Being that I am in the market for a M4/AR15 this maybe be a better outing than AIK......:hurray:

zz4vetteguy 01-14-2010 11:52am

Quote:

Originally Posted by leec4ce (Post 19938)
Being that I am in the market for a M4/AR15 this maybe be a better outing than AIK......:hurray:

Ok, looks like there are two options On the table. AIK at Lynnhaven in Virginia Beach at about 2pm, OR going down to NC to look at all the cool toys that go BANG.

Of course Lee, don't forget we have a meeting that will last till about noon. What time would the Carolina Caravan want to get started?

My original plan that Lee came up with was to hit AIK at about 2pm, let those who want to drive, and those who are not "built" for go-karts watch, cheer, and laugh at the others. Then hit a foodage joint for some grub and suds.

zz4vetteguy 01-14-2010 12:02pm

Sorry for the delay in getting the plans up, this week has been a little busy. Had a concert last night and Monday was my b-day (so I decided to work 14 hours...lol)

Eagleye, great minds must think alike. I was thinking about setting up a finery tour then hitting Hog Wild afterward. We have done Hog Wild before and everyone who went liked it. I will post up a few pics when I get home.