The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   C6 Open Discussion (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Tires? (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125325)

GoldenK9 03-22-2021 4:10pm

Tires?

Would like to get some input on tire selection. We have a '11 C6 Grand Sport 3LT.
The tires on it are getting old and nearing wear out (Michelin Super Sports).
This is not a track car or a daily driver. It its my 3rd Corvette so I like to drive spirited but not aggressive. I'm looking for tread life, quietness, traction, all weather, and run flat (or not?). Not much to ask :seasix:just looking for some help. The Goodyear summer tires that came as OE didn't last very long. This car is going to be used for road trips and weekend getaways.
Thank Y'all so much!

Norm 03-22-2021 6:49pm

Welcome.

Many good brands to choose from other than Michelins like Continental, Nitto, Pirelli, Bridgestone, etc,

I have been using the non-run flats of late, quieter, smoother ride. You may want to consider an all season tire as well.

Do some research, I can recommend Discount Tire or Tire Rack, both provide good service and tire road hazard insurance.

Good luck.

Ronins2ndCuzzin 03-31-2021 7:54am

I have the Michelin PS2s now. Good tire but loud. Too loud for me. Interfere's with my rad stereo. I've heard the Continentals were really quiet with performance as good as the PS2, so that will likely be my next purchase tire wise.

WydGlydJim 01-09-2024 12:33pm

I've been very happy with the Continental Extreme Contact DW6 Plus, on my '09 ZR1....in fact I am running extreme contacts on my '09 ZR1, my '90 ZR-1, and my 2018 Hellcat.....I think I have Sport 02s on the '90, but I think that is just due to sizing....should be some sort of extreme contact in the right size, if you fish around.
:seasix:

pretty quiet, and pretty sticky...

roadpilot 01-12-2024 3:05pm

You have a good hrand of tire. now. You may not know it until you change brands.
Good luck

Onebadcad 01-20-2024 12:39pm

I would only put Michelins or Contis, unless traction is a priority go with Nittos or Toyos.

lrobe22 01-20-2024 3:13pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by WydGlydJim (Post 2198469)
I've been very happy with the Continental Extreme Contact DW6 Plus, on my '09 ZR1....in fact I am running extreme contacts on my '09 ZR1, my '90 ZR-1, and my 2018 Hellcat.....I think I have Sport 02s on the '90, but I think that is just due to sizing....should be some sort of extreme contact in the right size, if you fish around.

pretty quiet, and pretty sticky...

Hopefully a decision was made 3 years ago for the OP :rofl:

roadpilot 01-30-2024 8:20am

Quote:

Originally Posted by lrobe22 (Post 2204477)
Hopefully a decision was made 3 years ago for the OP :rofl:

You would think. But folks are slow to pull the trigger on buying tires.
You see a lot of cars that need new tires running down the road. Maybe
its the expense. Maybe folks feel that as long as there is air in the tires
they are safe. Old tires that have a lot of tread does not make them a safe
tire. In our Corvette hobby i talk to many guys that brag about their 10
year old tires. Its a good thing they don't drive much.