The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Ross Perot has died... (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119732)

StaticCling 07-09-2019 9:26am

Ross Perot has died...

Just heard on the Radio

:sadangel:

Mike Mercury 07-09-2019 9:51am

from Wiki-pee
Quote:

Born in Texarkana, Texas, he became a salesman for IBM after serving in the United States Navy. In 1962, he founded Electronic Data Systems, a data processing service company. In 1984, General Motors bought a controlling interest in the company for $2.4 billion. Perot established Perot Systems in 1988 and was an angel investor for NeXT, a computer company founded by Steve Jobs after he left Apple. Perot also became heavily involved in the Vietnam War POW/MIA issue, arguing that hundreds of American servicemen were left behind in Southeast Asia after the Vietnam War. He strongly opposed the North American Free Trade Agreement.

Perot endorsed Republican George W. Bush over Reform nominee Pat Buchanan in the 2000 election and supported Republican Mitt Romney in 2008 and 2012. In 2009, Dell acquired Perot Systems for $3.9 billion. According to Forbes, Perot was the 167th richest person in the United States in 2016.

snide 07-09-2019 9:52am

That's a shame. :sadangel:

6spdC6 07-09-2019 9:59am

Ah Ross Perot a big reason Bill Clinton won the POTUS gig.:mad:

He did do a good job when his men were trapped in the Middle East!:seasix:

RIP :halfmast:

Bill 07-09-2019 11:00am

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6spdC6 (Post 1675775)
Ah Ross Perot a big reason Bill Clinton won the POTUS gig.:mad:

He did do a good job when his men were trapped in the Middle East!:seasix:

RIP :halfmast:

People who voted for Bill Clinton and Bush were the reasons Clinton was elected. I think we can all agree by now that Ross was dead on correct, and he laid things out very simply for the voters, with his charts and graphs. Bush lost the second he levied higher taxes on Americans.

Don't blame Ross for the mistakes of others. In fact, that election was a little bit similar to 2016, the only difference being, Ross ran as an independent, vs. hijacking a major party like Trump did. Both businessmen, both right on the issues.

2xPerot voter

04 commemorative 07-09-2019 11:54am

Voted for him too.....wanted someone different

Lakota 07-09-2019 12:28pm

Perot joined the Boy Scouts of America and made Eagle Scout in 1942, after 13 months in the program. He is a recipient of the Distinguished Eagle Scout Award.[7][8]

From 1947 to 1949, he attended Texarkana Junior College, then entered the United States Naval Academy in 1949 and helped establish its honor system.

he left the Navy in 1957

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ross_Perot

Dan Dlabay 07-09-2019 1:07pm

I have always felt that if he had not quit the election and then rejoin he may have won the election. May he rest in peace and be blessed by God.:sadangel::halfmast:

MrPeabody 07-09-2019 1:17pm

My Ross Perot story:

My sister-in-law was a vice president for a major insurance company before she retired a decade ago. In the early 80s her company had transferred her to Dallas, and she and my brother enjoyed their time there.

She once had a business meeting with him on an insurance matter and she asked him, why was it that when people were moving west, they decided to settle in the spot that was now Dallas? His immediate answer was "Their mule died".:rofl:

Wathen1955 07-09-2019 2:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by 04 commemorative (Post 1675780)
Voted for him too.....wanted someone different

Same here. I even circulated voting petitions for him in my neighborhood. It was a bummer he bailed out of the election.
:patriot:

TripleBlack 07-09-2019 2:23pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1675778)
People who voted for Bill Clinton and Bush were the reasons Clinton was elected. I think we can all agree by now that Ross was dead on correct, and he laid things out very simply for the voters, with his charts and graphs. Bush lost the second he levied higher taxes on Americans.

Don't blame Ross for the mistakes of others. In fact, that election was a little bit similar to 2016, the only difference being, Ross ran as an independent, vs. hijacking a major party like Trump did. Both businessmen, both right on the issues.

2xPerot voter

I don't disagree that Ross was spot on - maybe we would have been better off than with Bush. But, if he hadn't run, I think Bush would have won handily and while we might not have been as well off with Bush as with Perot, we'd certainly have been better off than with Bubba. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think Bubba lost many votes to Perot. Bush certainly did.

Black94lt1 07-10-2019 12:09am

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_daniels (Post 1675778)

2xPerot voter

Loved his charts and graphs! I too was a 2x Perot voter, RIP Ross :sadangel: