The Vette Barn

The Vette Barn (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Off Topic (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   U.S. Soldier plays "Star Spangled Banner" during Muslim call to prayer... (https://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99130)

lspencer534 07-10-2016 6:10pm

U.S. Soldier plays "Star Spangled Banner" during Muslim call to prayer...

A United States soldier performed this epic version of The Star Spangled Banner during a flag raising ceremony in Afghanistan. His rendition is badass enough, but what makes this story even better is the fact that he blasted his guitar solo over the Muslim call to prayer, effectively giving radical Islamists the world over a metaphorical middle finger, courtesy of the red, white and blue.

In a world where Muslims are afforded every convenience by Western nations, it’s nice to see someone stand up for the land of the free and the home of the brave, don’t you think?

Shrike6 07-10-2016 6:14pm

I love this!

Kerrmudgeon 07-11-2016 2:37am

:clap:....indeed! :D

<-----------Black lives matter! :yesnod:

Broken Wind 07-11-2016 7:02am

Someone will be along shortly to inform that this is wrong.

boracayjohnny 07-11-2016 8:25pm

Call To Prayer is mostly a horrible, screeching mess. Imagine a bad karaoke singer with a blown speaker. Also, ole dudes get cranked up five times daily. Sure, you can find versions that are high quality but that's the exception and not what is commonly heard. This is typical of the quality I heard while there:

69camfrk 07-11-2016 8:45pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracayjohnny (Post 1486792)
Call To Prayer is mostly a horrible, screeching mess. Imagine a bad karaoke singer with a blown speaker. Also, ole dudes get cranked up five times daily. Sure, you can find versions that are high quality but that's the exception and not what is commonly heard. This is typical of the quality I heard while there:

Yeah, I heard that crap in Doha. I always thought it was downright creepy.:yesnod:

OddBall 07-11-2016 8:46pm

Quote:

Originally Posted by Broken Wind (Post 1486677)
Someone will be along shortly to inform that this is wrong.

I'm sure it is. But they could have just coughed up osama bin laden to start with and avoided the whole mess.

Bucwheat 07-12-2016 7:30pm

That's been around awhile,love it!:hurray:

VITE1 07-13-2016 7:54am

Quote:

Originally Posted by boracayjohnny (Post 1486792)

1-1 CAV Call to Prayers in Baghdad, Iraq 2003 - YouTube

Spent a night in a hotel in Malaysia next door to a Mosque. When I went down for breakfast and asked 'Who was trying to skin the live cat this morning" the Chinese thought I was funny. The Muslims were offended. F**k them if they can't take a joke.